PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F3 to 2010 RT-622 trailer

jimstapenell
05-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Need help connecting RT-622 trailer to my F3-S,

I have a 2016 F3-S and a 2010 RT-622 trailer. the new hitch harness is a 4 wire connector and the trailer is 6 wire (I think).... I do not understand how the wiring actually works. The hitch control box has 6 wires going in (ground, tail, left turn, brake, right turn and battery) and 4 wires coming out (ground,tail/mark,left turn,right turn). There is no wire out of the control box for the brake - what activates the brake?....

Thanks guys, hope you can help...

Jim

DaGrlz
05-19-2016, 10:26 AM
I had the same issue with a 2010 trailer converting to a 2015 RT. You will need the below list of parts to convert the trailer to match the new harness on your spyder.

2010-2012 Trailer Conversion Kit P/N 219 400 637
and Trailer Ground Harness P/N 219400537

My dealer charged me $99 for the kit.

jimstapenell
05-19-2016, 06:17 PM
I had the same issue with a 2010 trailer converting to a 2015 RT. You will need the below list of parts to convert the trailer to match the new harness on your spyder.

2010-2012 Trailer Conversion Kit P/N 219 400 637
and Trailer Ground Harness P/N 219400537

My dealer charged me $99 for the kit.

Great, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

JIM

jimstapenell
05-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi DaGrlz,

Just wondering, is it possible to post any pics of the 2 upgrade cables, or are they concealed on the trailer?

Thanks,

Jim

DaGrlz
05-23-2016, 08:02 AM
Sorry, but they are concealed under electrical tape now. I have the instructions would that help? I believe the instructions have pictures.

Tina

Hi DaGrlz,

Just wondering, is it possible to post any pics of the 2 upgrade cables, or are they concealed on the trailer?

Thanks,

Jim

billybovine
05-23-2016, 08:38 AM
The trailer hitch harness you have for your F3 is a isolator converter harness. The converter changes the right, left turn and brake to right turn brake, left turn brake. The right and left turn signals are a combination turn and brake lights. That makes the turn signals red. That is a common way of doing it in North America. I have been lead to believe that is illegal in Australia. Don't know that for sure.

So do you have to have amber turn signals on the trailer in Australia?

jimstapenell
05-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Sorry, but they are concealed under electrical tape now. I have the instructions would that help? I believe the instructions have pictures.

Tina

Hi Tina,

Thanks, but hold off on the data sheets, I need to do some more investigating on the trailer. I should have looked more closely but the trailer was at my sons house so not easy to check things out until now. There are 2 clear panels on each tail light which look like they contain amber bulbs. I thought the trailer was equipped with all LED's....

Anyway, I have ordered the Trailer Ground Harness P/N 219400537, should be here Thursday, but the other item, Trailer Conversion Kit P/N 219 400 637, is on back order with no expected availability date....

Regards,

Jim

cycledude
05-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Look under trailer 6 way plugs into a 4 plug

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DaGrlz
05-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Hi Tina,

Thanks, but hold off on the data sheets, I need to do some more investigating on the trailer. I should have looked more closely but the trailer was at my sons house so not easy to check things out until now. There are 2 clear panels on each tail light which look like they contain amber bulbs. I thought the trailer was equipped with all LED's....

Anyway, I have ordered the Trailer Ground Harness P/N 219400537, should be here Thursday, but the other item, Trailer Conversion Kit P/N 219 400 637, is on back order with no expected availability date....

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

A 2010 622 has no led's only bulbs. When you go from a 6 pin to 4 pin you loss the amber bulbs as your turn signal. Instead the brake light bulb flashes as the turn signal. We left the amber bulbs in but they can be removed from inside the back of the trailer. The Conversion Kit is the most important part, but other on here may be able to walk you through building your own.

jimstapenell
05-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Jim,

A 2010 622 has no led's only bulbs. When you go from a 6 pin to 4 pin you loss the amber bulbs as your turn signal. Instead the brake light bulb flashes as the turn signal. We left the amber bulbs in but they can be removed from inside the back of the trailer. The Conversion Kit is the most important part, but other on here may be able to walk you through building your own.

Yes, my RT-622 has the 6 pin plug. I think it might be a rewire job to keep the amber turn signals in order to comply with the Australian requirements. I have wired car trailers in the past with no issues, but of course, I do not want to upset the electronics on the SpYder, especially after reading where some electrical accessories can cause problems....

Anyway, guys, thanks for your advice....

Regards,

Jim