PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me why?

Cavman
05-16-2016, 11:58 PM
I was walking through a Sam's Club today and saw a box that said Bluetooth Smoker on it. Why would someone need Bluetooth on a smoker? It's a smoker! You smoke food in it. Why make it complicated? How will Bluetooth help to smoke food? :banghead:

Chupaca
05-17-2016, 12:02 AM
Was there a smurf under it...:roflblack::roflblack: will sell great to the youth of today...

vided
05-17-2016, 05:02 AM
we just got an electric smoker, IT HAS A REMOTE, why :yikes::yikes::yikes:

mowin
05-17-2016, 06:51 AM
I've got a GMG pellet smokers with wifi. I'm no youth, and I like the wifi features. I can be inside watching the game and monitor the temps. During the winter it was great to be inside where it's warm and adjust my temps without going outside.

Smoking meats isn't just sticking the meat on the rack and adding wood. Temps need to stay constant with as few temp swings as possible. Low and slow makes great :bbq:.

DragonSpyder
05-17-2016, 07:43 AM
Funny! Just got a new electric toothbrush that has bluetooth

Orange Spyder Man
05-17-2016, 07:49 AM
I guess the next thing will be --- toilet paper will have WiFi & Stereo ... :shocked:

osm

Bob Denman
05-17-2016, 07:53 AM
:shocked: Bluetooth is everywhere now... :yikes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130208&stc=1

billybovine
05-17-2016, 08:08 AM
That is called in the media and business circles as "The Internet of Things". Wi Fi and BT chips are now so cheap they are going to stick them in everything.

We will see what comes out of it. There appears to be a lot possible benefits and questionable ones too. Anything with a clock you don't need to reset after a power outage. Thermostats that can text you when the house or cottage temp drops too low. When appliances detect a fault they send you and the manufacturer a message. Lots more that have not even been thought of yet.

Bob Denman
05-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Big brother is watching...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130211&stc=1

Navvet
05-17-2016, 09:37 AM
The scary thing is everything is more and more complex electronics.

My wife and I are both retired US Navy Electronics Technicians and yet we try to find the simplest (least electronic) systems we can ....

But, even my car has 3 remotes (from the factory !!!)