PDA

View Full Version : RT and F3-T trailer hitch?

vtrider
05-16-2016, 06:48 PM
I was looking at the new F3-T that my dealer has in the showroom and noticed that the swing arm looks a lot like the one used on the RT. Does anyone know if the BRP trailer hitch from an RT will fit on an F3-T or the F3 LTD? I know the catalog has different part numbers for the RT and F3-T's, but I'm guessing that it might have to do with the different wiring harness, but the hitch looks the same. I do like the new F3 LTD and if I ever decide to buy one, it would be nice to be able to transfer the hitch to tow my RT 622 trailer. All I would then need is the correct wire harness. For now though I'm fine with my RT LTD. Just looking into the future.

PrairieSpyder
05-16-2016, 06:52 PM
I was looking at the new F3-T that my dealer has in the showroom and noticed that the swing arm looks a lot like the one used on the RT. Does anyone know if the BRP trailer hitch from an RT will fit on an F3-T or the F3 LTD? I know the catalog has different part numbers for the RT and F3-T's, but I'm guessing that it might have to do with the different wiring harness, but the hitch looks the same. I do like the new F3 LTD and if I ever decide to buy one, it would be nice to be able to transfer the hitch to tow my RT 622 trailer. All I would then need is the correct wire harness. For now though I'm fine with my RT LTD. Just looking into the future.

The F3T and F3L have the same rear end as the RT. The RT hitch can be transferred to the F3T, but the hitch wiring harness must be a new one that's specific to the F3T or F3L.

Cruzr Joe
05-16-2016, 08:12 PM
The F3T and F3L have the same rear end as the RT. The RT hitch can be transferred to the F3T, but the hitch wiring harness must be a new one that's specific to the F3T or F3L.

Music is on its way, update your Signature line

Bob Denman
05-17-2016, 06:38 AM
:agree: Patti... it's time to "Fly the new Flag". :2thumbs:

900Dave
05-17-2016, 06:59 PM
But looking at the picture in the catalog the two hitches look slightly different. It might be an optical illusion? It might not but it does to me look slightly different. IMHO

vtrider
09-08-2016, 02:49 AM
Now that I have an F3T, I kept my trailer hitch off the RT along with other farkles that I kept when I traded it. I did install the hitch on my F3T, and it fits in place just like I expected it would. When I asked the dealer if it would fit, he told me it is a different part number for the F3T. I didn't buy that totaly. As I expected the hitch for the RT will fit on the F3T, however the wiring harness is a different part. The problem here is that BRP won't sell the harness separately. You have to buy the whole hitch kit to get the harness. That is just plain stupid IMHO! I had the parts guy at the dealership look into this for me, and the cable would be close to $300 alone, but as I stated, you can't buy this part unless you purchase the hitch. Well, I called Electrical Connection, a sponsor on this site, and they told me that they have a cable being developed for the F3T models for a trailer hookup. They should have it ready within a month or so. With that said I will wait to see what they have come up with. The guy that I spoke with at Electrical Connection said it will be a plug and play cable assembly.

Bob Denman
09-08-2016, 06:56 AM
I believe that there's already a harness available for this sort of "parts swapping" exercise... :thumbup:

Big Bike Parts? :dontknow: