PDA

View Full Version : 622 Trailer

BMW
05-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Can anyone tell me what the wheel bearing and seal numbers are for replacement.

JBonamassa Fan
05-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what the wheel bearing and seal numbers are for replacement.

Bearings are L44649, Races are L44610, and Grease Seals are Napa part number 14832 (Double Lip Seal) hope this helps:thumbup:

BMW
05-14-2016, 05:31 PM
OK Thank you very much.

SpyderAnn01
05-14-2016, 06:02 PM
And if you want to make your life much easier after changing the bearings consider the Bearing Buddy 1980 and Bearing Buddy Bra 70019

BMW
05-15-2016, 03:52 PM
And if you want to make your life much easier after changing the bearings consider the Bearing Buddy 1980 and Bearing Buddy Bra 70019 Thanks I'll give them a try.

Brentc
04-22-2017, 07:43 AM
Bearings are L44649, Races are L44610, and Grease Seals are Napa part number 14832 (Double Lip Seal) hope this helps:thumbup:

I'm planning to replace the bearings on my 2010 622 trailer and found this original post. After doing some quick searching at etrailer.com I found the following kit and was wondering if it contains everything I would need?

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bearings-Races-Seals/TruRyde/BK1-150.html

Thanks in advance

trikermutha
04-22-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm planning to replace the bearings on my 2010 622 trailer and found this original post. After doing some quick searching at etrailer.com I found the following kit and was wondering if it contains everything I would need?

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bearings-Races-Seals/TruRyde/BK1-150.html

Thanks in advance

Yes- You may also find the spindles rusty at the back end where the seal sits when you take off the hubs.

Brentc
04-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Yes- You may also find the spindles rusty at the back end where the seal sits when you take off the hubs.

Just a little cleaning with some steel wool I would imaging to get back to clean metal?

trikermutha
04-22-2017, 09:23 AM
Just a little cleaning with some steel wool I would imaging to get back to clean metal?

well I used something that would not etch the axle as the seal has to sit in that area. And it was rusted more that I would have liked and took some work to get most of the rust out of that area. Then I used a rust inhibiter then used a car paint encapsulator to seal that area behind the seal. If to bad that whole arm needs to be replaced unless you know someone that can cut off the axle and weld on new one straight.

I also noticed the bearing to axle tolerance was off a bit as the inner bearing was spinning on the axle..

Brentc
04-22-2017, 09:30 AM
well I used something that would not etch the axle as the seal has to sit in that area. And it was rusted more that I would have liked and took some work to get most of the rust out of that area. Then I used a rust inhibiter then used a car paint encapsulator to seal that area behind the seal. If to bad that whole arm needs to be replaced unless you know someone that can cut off the axle and weld on new one straight.

I also noticed the bearing to axle tolerance was off a bit as the inner bearing was spinning on the axle..

I'll have to see what things look like when I disassemble. If bad, I'll take it to my local trailer center and get some help.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

trikermutha
04-22-2017, 10:37 AM
I'll have to see what things look like when I disassemble. If bad, I'll take it to my local trailer center and get some help.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I agree see how yours is after you disassemble..It didn't look like mine was serviced since new and I bought mine used.