PDA

View Full Version : I'm I missing a part

bandwagon
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I just brought a hindle and the box just contains the pipe. According to the listed thread I copied from do it yourself. If talks about a sealing collar ???:bowdown:

Installation took 10 minutes. This is what I did. Removed the bracket nut & bolt, remove header pipe clamp, remove retainer spring on front side of header pipe, slide old muffler off gently, remove asbestos sealer collar on header pipe, install new header pipe collar, carefully slide hindle exhaust over head pipe being careful not to damage the much thinner new sealing collar, attach bracket mount bolt & spacers, use red loctite on mounting bracket nut, make sure new pipe is fully on the head pipe. Hook retainer spring onto head pipe, using vise grips extend spring to hook into retainer spring eye on hindle pipe. Be careful not to injure yourself. Make sure everything is aligned properly before tightening pipe clamp. Mount pipe clamp so that it does not protrude below the lowest level of the head pipe. Tighten securely according instructions that came with hindle pipe. Start motor and check for exhaust leaks around new pipe seal. If any, re-tighten until gone. Let idle 10-15 minutes to "burn in" new muffler pipe. Let cool, start motor again run 5-10- minutes checking for exhaust leaks again. Now ride- it sounds GOOD ! Spyder running 2+ bars cooler.
You can do this !

ataDude
03-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Hmmm... my Hindle did not use a slip-joint gasket of any kind. I guess they've changed?

I just brought a hindle and the box just contains the pipe. According to the listed thread I copied from do it yourself. If talks about a sealing collar ???:bowdown:

Installation took 10 minutes. This is what I did. Removed the bracket nut & bolt, remove header pipe clamp, remove retainer spring on front side of header pipe, slide old muffler off gently, remove asbestos sealer collar on header pipe, install new header pipe collar, carefully slide hindle exhaust over head pipe being careful not to damage the much thinner new sealing collar, attach bracket mount bolt & spacers, use red loctite on mounting bracket nut, make sure new pipe is fully on the head pipe. Hook retainer spring onto head pipe, using vise grips extend spring to hook into retainer spring eye on hindle pipe. Be careful not to injure yourself. Make sure everything is aligned properly before tightening pipe clamp. Mount pipe clamp so that it does not protrude below the lowest level of the head pipe. Tighten securely according instructions that came with hindle pipe. Start motor and check for exhaust leaks around new pipe seal. If any, re-tighten until gone. Let idle 10-15 minutes to "burn in" new muffler pipe. Let cool, start motor again run 5-10- minutes checking for exhaust leaks again. Now ride- it sounds GOOD ! Spyder running 2+ bars cooler.
You can do this !

bone crusher
03-08-2009, 01:58 AM
NO...

I put one on a few months ago...no need for anything...

All you have to do is remove the gasket (ring) that's there with the stock unit...then it just slides and is VERY tight...perfect fit!

wingnut
03-08-2009, 08:07 AM
:agree:
NO...

I put one on a few months ago...no need for anything...

All you have to do is remove the gasket (ring) that's there with the stock unit...then it just slides and is VERY tight...perfect fit!

max continuous
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I just went to the garage and yep there's the pipe and a collar in the box. Is this an older style?
The instructions state it goes where the Hindle meets Spydie.
Max

ataDude
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I just went to the garage and yep there's the pipe and a collar in the box. Is this an older style?
The instructions state it goes where the Hindle meets Spydie.
Max

I'm not sure, now. The original Hindles did use the slip-joint gasket. Generation IIs (I have one) did not. They may now be on a Gen III. Back to the future stuff. :D

NEWARKSPYDER
03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I installed a dual can carbon fiber and it just slide right on ;no ring needed! I love the power and the sound!!:spyder::thumbup:Two Brothers Thank you!!:cheers:

bandwagon
03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone as it turns out there is no ring, pipe sounds great. Deep and rich!:yes:

bone crusher
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone as it turns out there is no ring, pipe sounds great. Deep and rich!:yes:

Yeah, the hindle is a more perfect fit than the stock...easy to install and fits on like a charm! The sound, IMHO, cannot be beat...just throaty enough to sound great yet not annoy everyone around you...