PDA

View Full Version : Mount for a small mobility scooter

Paul Absalom
05-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Hello, I am a disabled Spyder RSS rider, very little use of right leg and about 30 percent of left leg due to polio.I use the ISCI hand brake and strap my right foot to the foot peg.
I have a small folding mobility scooter called a Luggie that weighs just under 30kgs packed up.I would like to make a mount for the Spyder behind the pillion seat so I can take with me when I go on long rides so I have some mobility.Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Cheers: Paul

Chupaca
05-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Check with the enabled spyderlovers forum. We have seen several for wheelchairs but don't remember any for scooters. Would it fit on a hitch transporter, we have sponsors making those..?? :dontknow:

blacklightning
05-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Would it fit on a hitch transporter, we have sponsors making those..?? :dontknow:
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't 30kg (or approx. 65 lbs.) be a little heavy for your typical trailer hitch? Just asking.

Chupaca
05-12-2016, 01:32 PM
I know one such rack is also attached to the swing arm making it sturdier. ..

Bfromla
05-12-2016, 01:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't 30kg (or approx. 65 lbs.) be a little heavy for your typical trailer hitch? Just asking.
Yes it would & the crud the tire can sling on it would still leave you stuck walking. Need more dimension info, there is a way:2thumbs:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129701&stc=1one of larger items ive carried across town comfortably.

sealfloorboards
07-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Hi,
You might look at minitrailersusa.com. They have a small, lightweight trailer that is just a platform with low railings. It would be perfect for carrying your 66 lb. scooter AND luggage while on those long trips. I am thinking of one to put a dog carrier on for my big 88 lb. Labradoodle. It's very low, so loading your scooter shouldn't be a problem.