PDA

View Full Version : High beam headlight burnt out

SpyderF3-s
05-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Only had my SpyderF3-S for 5 months and the high beam has already burnt out on one of the bulbs:banghead:. How hard is it to replace the bulbs? Can it be done with out removing all the top tupperware?

CharlieIndia
05-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Only had my SpyderF3-S for 5 months and the high beam has already burnt out on one of the bulbs:banghead:. How hard is it to replace the bulbs? Can it be done with out removing all the top tupperware? 5 months:yikes: I would think that would be covered under warranty.

manman007
05-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Should be under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKMSPYDER
05-11-2016, 03:58 PM
The owners manual explains the procedure to get to the headlights. It is involved and you have to remove a number of parts but doable if you just take your time. You might consider replacing with LED headlights while you have it apart. TricLED and Lamonster sell them as well as other vendors. Most LED headlights will last thousands of hours and give out much brighter light than the OEM's. The easier I can be seen by the cagers the better!!!

CanAmChris
05-11-2016, 05:06 PM
I agree with JKMSPYDER. I love my LED lights. If you are going to have it swapped out under warranty, you could buy the LEDs ahead of time and ask your dealer to give you a break on the labor since they have to takes panels off for the warranty work. I have done that With the guys at Leisure before and they always hook me up. They make some money and I save some money.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-11-2016, 06:45 PM
...Did BRP go to a two filament bulb in the F-3's ????? .......because if they didn't, is your SHUTTER stuck ?????................Mike :lecturef_smilie:

BeRight
05-11-2016, 08:02 PM
...Did BRP go to a two filament bulb in the F-3's ????? .......because if they didn't, is your SHUTTER stuck ?????................Mike :lecturef_smilie:

Yes it is a two filament bulb

SpyderF3-s
05-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I will check if under warrantee

SpyderF3-s
05-13-2016, 11:03 AM
My not so favorite dealership where I bought my Spyder (North County San Diego) said that the headlight bulb was a "wearable" item and it was not covered under the warranty. Less than a year old!:bdh:

Looked up the part # and it is a standard halogen bulb. If I had the money I would do LED.