PDA

View Full Version : WOW I'm Back

dbnc
03-06-2009, 10:32 AM
After not riding since December due to the weather and shoulder surgery all I can say is WOW.. It's been 3 months since I rode and this morning I rode to work and I'm back in love with my spyder..

I had been needing surgery on my shoulder for 2 years and since the doctor told me it would need 8-12 weeks to recover I kept putting it off. Around Thanksgiving my wife finally talked me into it and decided to do it the 2nd week of Dec. and now it feels awesome.. If I knew it would feel this good again I would have done it 2 years ago. Had surgery Dec 12th and by Valentines day I was feeling good and tried to ride but when I hit the brakes the weight transferred to my shoulder and it just wasn't ready for the pressure..

Today a whole new story. Decided to ride up the street and back and there was no pain. Then decided to ride to work and after 20 minutes the shoulder and the Spyder are friends again. I missed riding but I never knew how much until today. It took 20 minutes to get to work and my office is only 4 miles from the house..

This weekend it is suppposed to be between 70-80 degrees so I guess I will test this shoulder out for sure but not too much (I hope)..

I"M BACK....:2thumbs: :2excited: :thumbup: :yes: :yes: :yes::cheers:

zzneonzz
03-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Good to have you back and enjoy the nice :spyder2: weather

patches
03-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Damn dude..thought you ran away or something. I am booked full this weekend with kid stuff but I how about we get some folks together for next weekend. If you are interested, there is a ride on Saturday starting at the little bar off 64 for charity. Not sure what time..look it up on http://www.ourlittlebar.com/default.html. I bet Vince would be up for a ride as well.

babyanlee
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I only have 3 miles to go to work and it takes me 7 minutes - so you must have taken the scenic route - lol -lol - lol:2thumbs:;)

bjt
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
:clap: :thumbup:

dbnc
03-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Damn dude..thought you ran away or something. I am booked full this weekend with kid stuff but I how about we get some folks together for next weekend. If you are interested, there is a ride on Saturday starting at the little bar off 64 for charity. Not sure what time..look it up on http://www.ourlittlebar.com/default.html. I bet Vince would be up for a ride as well.

Nope didn't run away just working hard and getting better.. Just got back from lunch and the 45 min ride was just what the shoulder ordered.. It's as if I never had the 90 day layoff. It's amazing how fast the fun factor comes back..

Have fun with the kids this weekend and I'm sure we'll be back rididg soon since the weather has broke...

FANG
03-06-2009, 02:55 PM
:2thumbs::congrats: GLAD YOUR BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN:clap:

retread
03-06-2009, 03:54 PM
:yes::yes: welcome back.

john