PDA

View Full Version : Suggested route to Deals Gap from South Charlotte?

cajunshredder
05-09-2016, 04:28 PM
I am considering a trip to tail of the dragon. I will be leaving from south Charlotte and would like to avoid a lot of highway time. Any suggestions on alternate routes?
Thanks

Brogers57
05-09-2016, 05:42 PM
When are you planning on going? We are going to be down there at the end of the month! First trip for us. Have any roads picked out? I started my trip planning by using Google Maps via Google Chrome as you can drag the directions around and it will calculate a route for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillrider
05-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Git thyself to anywhere on US 64 and - GO WEST YOUNG MAN, GO WEST!

baileydale
05-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Git thyself to anywhere on US 64 and - GO WEST YOUNG MAN, GO WEST!

Don't let my current location fool ya. 59 year N. C. Guy here. 64 for sure and it's a nice ride too

cajunshredder
05-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the input. Havent picked out a date yet, possibly middle of next month depending on schedule. I will check out 64

Highwayman2013
05-10-2016, 08:22 AM
I am considering a trip to tail of the dragon. I will be leaving from south Charlotte and would like to avoid a lot of highway time. Any suggestions on alternate routes?
Thanks

This may give you some ideas.http://tailofthedragon.com/

blacklightning
05-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the input. Havent picked out a date yet, possibly middle of next month depending on schedule. I will check out 64
We will be in the Maggie Valley area, and riding all the roads that we can from 6/15-6/19. It is our unofficial M109 premeet. But over the years about half have other rides. There will be at least 3-4 spyders in the group. Give me a call if you would like more information. BTW, 3 of the spyders are coming from the Raleigh, NC area.
Keith
919-649-2433

CMA/IBA_rider
05-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks

R321 up to Blowing Rock North Carolina. Get on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Route 19 To Route 28 To Route 129 The Dragon. Have fun. After you run it don't forget to check out killboy.com for your pictures.

blacklightning
05-10-2016, 03:35 PM
R321 up to Blowing Rock North Carolina. Get on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Route 19 To Route 28 To Route 129 The Dragon. Have fun. After you run it don't forget to check out killboy.com for your pictures.
Are you sure about the part of taking 321 up to Blowing Rock, NC? I am pretty familiar with the area, and Blowing Rock is way north of the area around The Dragon. It is a nice ride, but you will be going quite a bit out of your way. From Charlotte, you can easily take 74 west all the way to the Robbinsville area. From there, you are right near the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner 28.

cajunshredder
05-10-2016, 04:03 PM
We will be in the Maggie Valley area, and riding all the roads that we can from 6/15-6/19. It is our unofficial M109 premeet. But over the years about half have other rides. There will be at least 3-4 spyders in the group. Give me a call if you would like more information. BTW, 3 of the spyders are coming from the Raleigh, NC area.
Keith
919-649-2433

awesome, thanks man. Once I work out my schedule next month I'll work it out.

Deanna777
05-10-2016, 06:13 PM
This may give you some ideas.http://tailofthedragon.com/Thanks for the link, I will put this on my bucket list for sure. Deanna

CMA/IBA_rider
05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Are you sure about the part of taking 321 up to Blowing Rock, NC? I am pretty familiar with the area, and Blowing Rock is way north of the area around The Dragon. It is a nice ride, but you will be going quite a bit out of your way. From Charlotte, you can easily take 74 west all the way to the Robbinsville area. From there, you are right near the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner 28.

Yes it is out-of-the-way. Is Bikers do we not go out of the way to go somewhere (just for the ride). It is scenic and he did ask to stay off of the highway.