PDA

View Full Version : finally getting my spyder, riding back in snow maybe

SethO
03-06-2009, 01:16 AM
had floor boards and a hand brake put on by another dude in a wheelchair, I get some pics of how he did the handbrake and the floorboard idea, looked cool, I going to drive it back to bemidji mn from park rapids, mn about 45 miles suppose to be 35-40 degrees then so we are goin to ride it back in shifts, got some cold weather riding gear so hope it does not snow, got to work at 530 at night so can' tear around on it too long. be great to back on the road again.

bjt
03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Congrats on getting your Spyder back with those mods. Since its warmed up to the 30s and 40s here, I've been riding my Spyder to and from work and its not too bad (about 20 minutes each way). With some riding pants to block the wind, a lined jacket, good gloves and a full face helmet, 30 degrees isn't bad and 40 degrees is enjoyable. Yesterday I got to ride in the 50s and it was great!

SethO
03-06-2009, 11:58 PM
So I started out with the other guy in a wheelchair riding his spyder north on 71 fromt the candle factory, the hand brake was spongy and didn't work worth a ****, traivs was riding behind me and he helped me adjust it after I stopped with the tom guy that worked on it. I drove up to were the becida rd, and travis started to drive. I told him try the foot brake and it was night and day. then it locked up on him 8 miles south of bemidji, it was 33 degrees and windy. We find out that the brakes have been on the whole time. once the brake was off the hand brake that I need does not work, I did not have time to adjust it before I went to work I am going to do it tommorrow. Needless to say, I payed $563 for a set of floor boards, we will see WTF went wrong with the brake.

bone crusher
03-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Brakes and tires most important things on any vehicle...don't ride without them working properly...