PDA

View Full Version : Missing fingers right hand

FRHeat9
05-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Hi All
my name is David looking to purchase a new F3 but before I do was wondering if anyone knows if the trottle can be moved from the right side to the left was born with no fingers on the right hand any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks,David

SDM
05-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Have you looked at Crampbuster? Simplistic but a heck of a lot cheaper then moving the throttle. Just an idea for you to try out.

Chupaca
05-08-2016, 10:01 AM
The question has been asked a few times and a search may help out. I don't remember seeing anyone with the change. Where there's a will there's a way no doubt. We also have a enables fourm I think you know that...may help checking with some folks there...:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2016, 04:19 PM
I have a friend who was born without a full right arm. She has traversed the country on her 2008 Spyder GS which she had outfitted with a left footed gas pedal. She had the work done at a company that does handicap conversions on autos.

PrairieSpyder
05-08-2016, 04:48 PM
I can't help with the technical issue, so I'll just say :welcome:

Eagle1
05-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I would try cramp paddle.

bluestratos
05-09-2016, 09:44 AM
I have a friend that cannot use her fingers due an injury that left them turned up. She has been using a cramp buster but beware, the one she bought did not fit the grip very well, a bit too loose and our grips are tapered at each end. She is contantly trying to readjust due to it working to the left or right and not gripping correctly. Take a plastic zip tie and drill a single hole through the lower part of the paddle, you can then run the zip tie around and tighten it when it is in the correct position.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
I have a friend that cannot use her fingers due an injury that left them turned up. She has been using a cramp buster but beware, the one she bought did not fit the grip very well, a bit too loose and our grips are tapered at each end. She is contantly trying to readjust due to it working to the left or right and not gripping correctly. Take a plastic zip tie and drill a single hole through the lower part of the paddle, you can then run the zip tie around and tighten it when it is in the correct position.
:lecturef_smilie: I wouldn't drill the grip....if you short the wires KISS the Heat goodbye........I would wrap tape around the grip to make it larger then put the CRAMP BUSTER ON and tighten it ..................jmho.......Mike :bbq:

Bob Denman
05-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Simpler than that: find the spot where the Crampbuster will work the best, and glue it to the grip! :thumbup:
and :welcome: