PDA

View Full Version : Throttlemeister installation question

pitmon
03-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I just opened the box (got it today) and looking at the pieces. There is a silver ring/sleeve that appears to fit inside the friction sleeve to slide over the handlebar... question is does it slide all the way to the end where the rubber lip is on the friction sleeve, or does it remain at the open end? Want to get it right the first time, directions arent clear on that part. Thanks in advance...

aubierules
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I just opened the box (got it today) and looking at the pieces. There is a silver ring/sleeve that appears to fit inside the friction sleeve to slide over the handlebar... question is does it slide all the way to the end where the rubber lip is on the friction sleeve, or does it remain at the open end? Want to get it right the first time, directions arent clear on that part. Thanks in advance...

yes...i just put mine on last saturday...the instructions werent clear to me either...just put the ring in the friction sleeve all the way to the back and then slide friction sleeve over throttle tube till it cant slide any further

pitmon
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks so much... I am off to give it a try!

aubierules
03-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks so much... I am off to give it a try!
:2thumbs: ur welcome!

Don in E Texas
03-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Remember to file down any ridges you may find under the right hand grip. (once you roll back about 1" of the grip, you may see 4 or so ridges). Not required on the left hand grip.

I sure enjoy my speed control - takes the strain off my wrist/hand...:clap:

don

aubierules
03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Remember to file down any ridges you may find under the right hand grip. (once you roll back about 1" of the grip, you may see 4 or so ridges). Not required on the left hand grip.

I sure enjoy my speed control - takes the strain off my wrist/hand...:clap:

don

yep i did that too