PDA

View Full Version : Got home to a stolen trailer

rmag
05-06-2016, 04:36 PM
I got home from work today to discover that some low life decided to take my enclosed aluminum Spyder trailer. At least they took it after Spyderfest..... Still I'm so mad I can't see straight.

cuznjohn
05-06-2016, 04:40 PM
wow that rots, i hope you get it back

sandeejs
05-06-2016, 04:44 PM
:mad:
Hope you either get it back or had a good insurance set-up. Never understand the folks who think it's OK to steal from others.....l
~Sandee~

PrairieSpyder
05-06-2016, 05:14 PM
That stinks. I'm sorry to hear that. :sour:

MRH
05-06-2016, 05:18 PM
I hope, at least, that it was empty.

Vader
05-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Incredible. That really is terrible. I hope you have notified your local law enforcement and reported it. As well as informing your insurance company if you have home owners coverage. See if there are any neighbors who may have outdoor surveillance cameras that may have captured the theft.
The fact that someone would know you had the trailer and that your were not home could be a coincidence or a planned theft. Just sucks that there are those out there who commit crimes such as this without a care. Idiots.
Please keep us posted

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-06-2016, 05:39 PM
:mad:
Hope you either get it back or had a good insurance set-up. Never understand the folks who think it's OK to steal from others.....l
~Sandee~

IT is probably a politician, stealing is what they do the best.

Pineywoods36
05-06-2016, 05:48 PM
That really stinks, hope it turns up and they allow you to punish the thief!:mad::cus:

rmag
05-06-2016, 05:48 PM
IT is probably a politician, stealing is what they do the best.
Thanks for making me laugh.

Bob Denman
05-06-2016, 06:20 PM
:shocked: Sux! :gaah:
For now: learn from this event, and figure out how to secure things in a better fashion...:banghead:

BajaRon
05-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Keep an eye on Craig's List, eBay, and local newspaper ads. You might get lucky. Sometimes a low volume item like this can show up again and you might get it back. That would be excellent!

Tango
05-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Damn that sucks. :cus: Hope you had it insured. :dontknow: You can also go through your homeowners insurance if not. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

rmag
05-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Yes, I called the police right away, then my insurance agent (same for auto and homeowners). We'll see how everything shakes out. I had it locked with a pro series master lock. I guess they really wanted it.

Thanks for the support, I just wanted to vent.

Rich and Rhonda

AY4B
05-06-2016, 07:06 PM
That stinks! I hope you get it back. If it has fobo's on the wheels, would that help to locate it?

ARtraveler
05-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Let's hope that what goes around, comes around. Karma time. :yes:

Chupaca
05-06-2016, 07:22 PM
That :cus:'s . Can only hope they can catch the bums that did this quickly....:banghead:

RotaxDuramax
05-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Got any pictures of it?

rmag
05-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Got any pictures of it?

The back had a vinyl graphic "SPYDER"

RotaxDuramax
05-06-2016, 08:59 PM
I'll keep in eye out for it, I'm actually shopping around for a trailer, tilt/flat deck but I'll keep an eye out in the cargo sections.

SPYDERGUY1
05-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Ya, I lost a trailer last August, broad daylight, chained and padlocked to my bigger trailer in the driveway. Went and checked with all the neighbours and no body saw anything. Filed a police report, cancelled the plate, put up signs on the lawn, lot's of interest and questions, but still no trailer. Had too get another one , at double the price. Not woth the hassle of going through insurance. Wish you good luck. I also will keep my eyes open if for some reason it surfaces around here.

M109Dreamer
05-06-2016, 09:28 PM
That sucks. Can you give the description of the trailer, make and model? Maybe everyone could keep and eye out and look locally and on Craigslist. Would possibly help expedite the search. Some folks here are real good and searching the internet for stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Tazzel
05-06-2016, 09:38 PM
post a picture of it. Maybe someone will spot it.

cptjam
05-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Put pictures on FB, and everywhere else. Our Legion trailer was stolen, and we took it to the net. Got a call in 1 day! Cops did nothing, but we got our trailer back!!! Try it! Joe

jaherbst
05-06-2016, 10:55 PM
The back had a vinyl graphic "SPYDER"

Never seen an enclosed trailer with a street side man door. Doors are always on the curb side for safety. My point is it should be easy to spot. I have had two friends who have had trailers stolen. One unhooked at the motel to go get lunch and when he returned it was gone.

​Jack

RosieriderKY
05-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Rich<
I grew up in Miamisburg, but now live in Northern KY just south of the river. I will let some local riders know about this and keep a look out on Craigslist. I sure hope you get it back and the low lifes get punished for their crime.
randy

cuznjohn
05-07-2016, 03:35 AM
didn't we have a member last year from Ohio who lost a spyder from his driveway also

eagleeye299
05-07-2016, 06:46 AM
That sucks! With out a doubt keep an eye on Craigslist. A friend of mine had his boat and trailer stolen out of his driveway. Spotted it for sale on there less than a week later. Called the cops and got it back.

bruiser
05-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Saw that set up at the Best Western in Springfield. Wife even remarked how nice that trailer looked. Several years ago I had a flatbed trailer stolen from our yard. They actually drug it across a drain ditch. It was only 6 months old. Insurance only covered half of what we paid for it. Luckily no one has attempted to steal our 20' enclosed trailer. It was one of two that was parked by the meeting room at the motel. When mine was taken, the deputy who took the report said that it was probably repainted within a few hours and resold.