PDA

View Full Version : For those who have SE-5 doubts . . . .

opticat
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
As some of you remember from my previous posts, my 2009 SE-5 was plagued with shifting problems-- primarily sticking in one gear or another. The dealer downloaded a "patch" but this did not remedy the problem. After a 6-week stay at the dealer and my call to BRP, the dealer replaced a module and a spring in the transmission. I have ridden it over 600 miles since the fix, and it has performed flawlessly. It handled the vigorous stop-and-go of Daytona Bike Week with absolutely no problems.

Prior to my purchase, I participated in a Spyder demo ride, and tried an SE-5. I was impressed with the smoothness of the transmission. At first mine was rather clunky, making abrupt shifts and of course not shifting at all. I just thought it would take time to break it in. Not the case! But now it shifts extremely smooth, especially when allowing it shift from second to first automatically. Also, the "creep" when in first gear, such as waiting at a traffic signal, has virtually been eliminated.

Hopefully, this fix will last. I'm just happy that I can say something good about my dealer, my Spyder, and BRP. :clap:

Don in E Texas
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the up=beat post.. My SE5 performs w/o any problem so far, but will keep your findings in mind in case I do develop shifting problems.:cheers:

Thanks

don

zzneonzz
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
As some of you remember from my previous posts, my 2009 SE-5 was plagued with shifting problems-- primarily sticking in one gear or another. The dealer downloaded a "patch" but this did not remedy the problem. After a 6-week stay at the dealer and my call to BRP, the dealer replaced a module and a spring in the transmission. I have ridden it over 600 miles since the fix, and it has performed flawlessly. It handled the vigorous stop-and-go of Daytona Bike Week with absolutely no problems.

Prior to my purchase, I participated in a Spyder demo ride, and tried an SE-5. I was impressed with the smoothness of the transmission. At first mine was rather clunky, making abrupt shifts and of course not shifting at all. I just thought it would take time to break it in. Not the case! But now it shifts extremely smooth, especially when allowing it shift from second to first automatically. Also, the "creep" when in first gear, such as waiting at a traffic signal, has virtually been eliminated.

Hopefully, this fix will last. I'm just happy that I can say something good about my dealer, my Spyder, and BRP. :clap:

This was part of the service bulliten for the SE5. It affected all 2008 and the first several batches of 2009's. Definately recomend having it done for anyone who has an SE5. The dealers won't call you and tell you about this and they won't usually perfrom this until you show simptons but you can always ask your dealer to perform it anyways. I did and my dealer was nice enough to do it even though i hadn't had any of the simptoms.

shunkmanitu
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I have ridden it over 600 miles since the fix, and it has performed flawlessly. :clap:

>>>>>FIX lsated nearly 600 miles. I had been experiencing the "creep" on and off. Last Thursday it suddenly acted as if there was no clutch left followed be "transmission error". It would shift in and out but no drive transfered to the rear. I have never burned out a clutch on a street bike (or on-road auto) up to one at 130,000 miles.:banghead:

M2Wild
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
>>>>>FIX lsated nearly 600 miles. I had been experiencing the "creep" on and off. Last Thursday it suddenly acted as if there was no clutch left followed be "transmission error". It would shift in and out but no drive transfered to the rear. I have never burned out a clutch on a street bike (or on-road auto) up to one at 130,000 miles.:banghead:

I think the key here is that spring they put in. I heard someone say the replacement spring is longer and stiffer. Did they do your spring with the GP sensor? or just the sensor alone?

shunkmanitu
03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I think the key here is that spring they put in. I heard someone say the replacement spring is longer and stiffer. Did they do your spring with the GP sensor? or just the sensor alone?
>>>>>but I wonder why a week has gone by and BRP has not given the shop a fix for it. This is along with no reply received from my e-mail on this problem to the Spyder Team

bone crusher
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Buy a SM5...put the extra money into gizmos and gadgets...pop the clutch, hit the gears, and go....
:2thumbs:

shunkmanitu
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Buy a SM5...put the extra money into gizmos and gadgets...pop the clutch, hit the gears, and go....
:2thumbs:
>>>>my LEFT arm, the other is fancier on the bicep. If I knew originally I could not trust BRP to get it correct I would have a SM-5 with an aftermarket system installed. For some the SM-5 is not a good option, a $20,000 machine that WORKS should be a given!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=158&pictureid=1270

Degaman
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Am still waiting for the spring to come in... hopefully, it will arrive soon, and will be the 'fix' my spyder so desperately needs...:pray:

M2Wild
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
>>>>>but I wonder why a week has gone by and BRP has not given the shop a fix for it. This is along with no reply received from my e-mail on this problem to the Spyder Team

I take it that they only did the GPS and not the spring?

shunkmanitu
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I take it that they only did the GPS and not the spring?
As of yet I have never seen the paperwork on the first "fix" bu it was before the bulletin came out so doubt the spring was included.

bone crusher
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I agree with you...back in the day, you wouldn't want to buy a new model of a car until all the quirks were worked out...with the computer age supposedly helping us, things got better.

You'd think the SE5 would be good to go but evidently, there were a lot of problems not yet fixed...this is a shame and Can-Am should be bending over backwards to fix everything.

In time, they'll get it right...but who really wants to wait for anything? It's definitely a crappy situation...

>>>>my LEFT arm, the other is fancier on the bicep. If I knew originally I could not trust BRP to get it correct I would have a SM-5 with an aftermarket system installed. For some the SM-5 is not a good option, a $20,000 machine that WORKS should be a given!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=158&pictureid=1270

Degaman
03-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Am still waiting for the spring to come in... hopefully, it will arrive soon, and will be the 'fix' my spyder so desperately needs...:pray:

Got spring installed today... alas, not much difference... guess BRP was correct in that my '09 SE5 has the new parts already. Now, if they can only find out what is causing my 'surge at stop' and overheating problems, I will be a happy camper.

Bersquack
03-06-2009, 08:28 PM
This is really comforting for me to hear.

Thanks much Opticat!:2thumbs:

bandwagon
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Now I have lots of questions, I personally want the SE-5 because of the high traffic volume around the DC area/I95. Looking forward to my purchase of a Spyder.:2thumbs:

zzneonzz
03-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Now I have lots of questions, I personally want the SE-5 because of the high traffic volume around the DC area/I95. Looking forward to my purchase of a Spyder.:2thumbs:

Just ask away and we will answer what we can. I have an SE5 with 6k miles on it so far.

burg650
03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I am looking to buy a SE5 as well, but after reading all the problems the SE5 is having and that there seem to be fixes for them now. My question is when will be a good time to buy and any idea after what build date should I look for to try to get one that might have all the updates fixes already.

bone crusher
03-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I live in the same area...SM5 still more fun and is easy to ride...the clutch is simple on this bike...

As far as the best dealership, IMHO, PM me and we can talk...

AnthonyG
03-07-2009, 07:05 AM
I am looking to buy a SE5 as well, but after reading all the problems the SE5 is having and that there seem to be fixes for them now. My question is when will be a good time to buy and any idea after what build date should I look for to try to get one that might have all the updates fixes already.
I normally research items before I buy but unfortunately I did not before buying the SE5. Long story short, I have found BRP customer service very poor. I've had problems with the machine and warranty repair issues. This time in the shop for oil in the air box from crank case vent, apparently a common problem, no fix. Previous problem with transmission. While in the shop for oil leak, I was told a fix was available for trans. After about a week, shop could not find bulletin. Bike had been in shop for 3 weeks already. I wanted them to put it back together and when they found bulletin and ordered parts I would bring it back.. Dealer wanted to charge $100.00 to put it back together. They wanted me to leave it for as long as it took to find bulletin, order parts and repair. Very unhappy camper. I sat at the shop until they found the bulletin and was told they would order parts same day and repair when parts came in. I left it and will wait to hear from them. From beginning to present, it has been one headache after another will dealers and bike. BRP Customer Service said they do monitor these sights. I hope they pay attention to what we say. I'm in agreement that a bike in this price range should be safe, and mechanically sound. If you will read up on this bike, you will find there are issues with steering, transmission, head gaskets and various other problems. Either wait for a while or look at other options. I've owned this bike since 10-31-08, has been in shop for going on six weeks of this time and no actual repair.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

SpyderCrazy
03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I have had my SE-5 since Sept. 19, 2008. I love it. The only thing that I have had to have fixed/adjusted was the parking brake. My husband took it to our dealer and they adjusted it in just a few minutes. My husband has a silver SE-5 and I have a red SE-5. We put about 100 miles on them yesterday. I have a little over 4100 miles on mine. My husband has over 4800 miles on his.
We had a great time. I love mine.
:f_spider:

bjt
03-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I normally research items before I buy but unfortunately I did not before buying the SE5. Long story short, I have found BRP customer service very poor. I've had problems with the machine and warranty repair issues. This time in the shop for oil in the air box from crank case vent, apparently a common problem, no fix. Previous problem with transmission. While in the shop for oil leak, I was told a fix was available for trans. After about a week, shop could not find bulletin. Bike had been in shop for 3 weeks already. I wanted them to put it back together and when they found bulletin and ordered parts I would bring it back.. Dealer wanted to charge $100.00 to put it back together. They wanted me to leave it for as long as it took to find bulletin, order parts and repair. Very unhappy camper. I sat at the shop until they found the bulletin and was told they would order parts same day and repair when parts came in. I left it and will wait to hear from them. From beginning to present, it has been one headache after another will dealers and bike. BRP Customer Service said they do monitor these sights. I hope they pay attention to what we say. I'm in agreement that a bike in this price range should be safe, and mechanically sound. If you will read up on this bike, you will find there are issues with steering, transmission, head gaskets and various other problems. Either wait for a while or look at other options. I've owned this bike since 10-31-08, has been in shop for going on six weeks of this time and no actual repair.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

I agree with all you've said and understand your frustration but I can only recall one person mentioning a head gasket problem. I thought that was attributed to the service tech pinching a gasket when they put the motor back together after checking the shims. If you meant exhaust gaskets, I am with you 100%. :thumbup:

Seems that BRP is letting the dealerships be their main customer service interface and they generally don't get involved with the end user on service issues.

Roaddog2
03-07-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree with all you've said and understand your frustration but I can only recall one person mentioning a head gasket problem. I thought that was attributed to the service tech pinching a gasket when they put the motor back together after checking the shims. If you meant exhaust gaskets, I am with you 100%. :thumbup:

Seams that BRP is letting the dealerships be their main customer service interface and they generally don't get involved with the end user on service issues.
I'm the lucky one that had the pinched gasket lasted about 130 miles after service dealer went out of the way to fix neven came to pick up and cleaned it up like new :thumbup:

M2Wild
03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm the lucky one that had the pinched gasket lasted about 130 miles after service dealer went out of the way to fix neven came to pick up and cleaned it up like new :thumbup:

That sounds like poor QC at the plant. Someone is a sleep at the wheel again .... probably the same dude who are suppose to tighten those hose clamps.

bjt
03-07-2009, 09:37 AM
That sounds like poor QC at the plant. Someone is a sleep at the wheel again .... probably the same dude who are suppose to tighten those hose clamps.

Not a plant problem, dealer mishap.

M2Wild
03-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Not a plant problem, dealer mishap.

I didn't think dealer would have anthing to do with head gasket ... thought that was part of engine assembly process.

spyryder
03-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I didn't think dealer would have anthing to do with head gasket ... thought that was part of engine assembly process.

I think it's the VALVE COVER gasket they're talking about.:banghead:

aubierules
03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
when i was at P.M.S they told me ur parts (shift solenoid) was on backorder

zzneonzz
03-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Is it me or do most of these problems seem to be happening to spyders at Pensacola Motorsports. I may be way off base with this but i know i've been seeing this dealer a lot with SE5 problems.

Bersquack
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
:agree:

It's not the first time I hear that dealer's name and shifting problem in the same sentence. You may be on to something here.

Firefly
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
While I was never really interested in the SE5, my dealer specifically told me last in 2007 that similar auto-shifting units that were implemented on other BRP products had HUGE problems. He said their sevice department wasn't looking forward to dealing with this all over again.

They should have made it so you could still use a manual clutch and shifting if you wanted (or needed) to.

Shifting is 1/2 the fun!

aubierules
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Is it me or do most of these problems seem to be happening to spyders at Pensacola Motorsports. I may be way off base with this but i know i've been seeing this dealer a lot with SE5 problems.
not sure,,i know skunk and myself purchased ours from there, not sure who else tho :dontknow:

zzneonzz
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
While I was never really interested in the SE5, my dealer specifically told me last in 2007 that similar auto-shifting units that were implemented on other BRP products had HUGE problems. He said their sevice department wasn't looking forward to dealing with this all over again.

They should have made it so you could still use a manual clutch and shifting if you wanted (or needed) to.

Shifting is 1/2 the fun!

Shifting isn't an option for some of us though. The SE was the only thing that put me on the road.

Firefly
03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Shifting isn't an option for some of us though. The SE was the only thing that put me on the road.

Understand fully - and I think it's great that BRP has a product to fit that need. Not needing to balance or use a clutch has opened up riding to a great number of people that otherwise couldn't.

Just wish they would have done more homework----

zzneonzz
03-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Understand fully - and I think it's great that BRP has a product to fit that need. Not needing to balance or use a clutch has opened up riding to a great number of people that otherwise couldn't.

Just wish they would have done more homework----

Yea you would think they would just have gone the route of using the electric shift module that people have been using for years and left the clutching intact.

FANG
03-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Don't think problem is exclusive to PMS. Just happen to have a couple of people that take theirs :spyder2:s there for service.

aubierules
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Don't think problem is exclusive to PMS. Just happen to have a couple of people that take theirs :spyder2:s there for service.
:agree: hopefully :yikes:

sabunim5
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM

Could it be that they have sold and serviced way more Spyders than most dealers and that they let their customers know about the Spyder websites? The transmission is assembled at the factory, not at the dealer.

zzneonzz
03-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Could it be that they have sold and serviced way more Spyders than most dealers and that they let their customers know about the Spyder websites? The transmission is assembled at the factory, not at the dealer.

Wow someone is a bit defensive. This was just an observation i made calm down. I do however know of 2 SE5's locally that have not had these problems mine being one of them. I have 6100 miles on mine and its only been in the shop for routine maintance and accessories. Maybe my dealer got the only 2 working SE5's out there or maybe its just that Ocean air causing the problems I have no clue. LOL I'm just stating an observation!!!!!

And i'm glad that they are selling spyders and tell their customers about the website. Shows they care enough to atleast let there customs know were to discuss it and vent!!!! :D But they aren't the only dealer that tells people about the websites.

scott
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
just took my SE5 in for its initial 600 mile checkup....while it always shifted well, around 400 miles it started doing the surging in 1st sin talked about so much. My dealer did the spring change (a $9 part) and everything seems fine (comparing the two springs there is a big difference) . Took a day to order the spring which does not seem bad. The dealer said they have sold around 5 SE5's recently and all had the spring changed when they came in for the 600 ....

aubierules
03-10-2009, 03:45 PM

good point...i imagine u are right

Questions
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Brought my SE5 to my dealer and they installed new 2nd generation brake pads.......no more squeels!!! also complete the SE5 bulletin installed new tranny spring and sensor and also SE5 update, total new shifting experience with Spyder, Shifts like a wet dream now with no pulling forward while sitting at a red light. Thank you Florida Motorsports!!!

bone crusher
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Just got my service and the dealer took off the brake pads and treated them...they're making less noise but they wouldn't replace them...service bulletin not a recall...drats...wish my dealer would've changed them and filed the paperwork with BRP...

92lt
03-10-2009, 10:22 PM

Shifting is 1/2 the fun!

I believe the units you are referring to are the old Bombardier Traxter ATVs that had auto-shifting and had problems.

aka1004
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
my se5 got stuck in neutral last night and was towed to my home
this if first time this happened in 9300 miles and i have a 09 my software is up to date should have the new spring also. i turned ignition on and off few times and it did go in gear again but after i stopped and came out of store it got stuck in neutral again. turned ignition on and off few times and it went in gear again.

aka1004
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Just got my service and the dealer took off the brake pads and treated them...they're making less noise but they wouldn't replace them...service bulletin not a recall...drats...wish my dealer would've changed them and filed the paperwork with BRP...

your dealer should have and can replace your pads
all they have to do is tell brp your spyder's brakes are squeaking.
its a case by case deal.
my dealer replace them on brp but it still squeaks but to a lesser degree

opticat
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Congrats, HQRNY12, I hope the shifting works out well for you. Mine has started to stick in gear again, but it is very sporadic. Some days I'll ride for 150 miles and nothing. The next day it is sticking in gears again. Dealer says to "just ride it".

bone crusher
03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
your dealer should have and can replace your pads
all they have to do is tell brp your spyder's brakes are squeaking.
its a case by case deal.
my dealer replace them on brp but it still squeaks but to a lesser degree

I guess as long as the bike is under warranty that I can have them replaced (before they are worn out)...BTW, how long are these brake pads supposed to last?

Also, is there anything in writing that can be given to the dealer so that they can file with BRP and replace the brakes...I asked them to but they said they couldn't...they didn't really help me with this...

ataDude
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
...BTW, how long are these brake pads supposed to last?...

Hey, Bone Crusher. That's a hard question to answer as it depends on, more than anything, how you ride. Personally, I'd be happy with 12k miles... you might be able to double or triple that.

This answer is provided by the guy who had to replace his first rear tire at 4.5k miles. :yikes:

aka1004
03-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I guess as long as the bike is under warranty that I can have them replaced (before they are worn out)...BTW, how long are these brake pads supposed to last?

Also, is there anything in writing that can be given to the dealer so that they can file with BRP and replace the brakes...I asked them to but they said they couldn't...they didn't really help me with this...

typically, brake pads are not covered warranty
brp is replacing them free on a case by case basis because of squeaking and your dealer is your ONLY line of communication. I don't understand why your dealer would not do that for you. it does not cost them anything, infact it will make them money as brp will be paying them to do it. all they have to do is tell brp your brakes are squeaking. :dontknow: unless your brakes are not squeaking?
i did not have to ask my dealer twice.

by the way my se5 developed a shifting problem and today i got a check transmission code while i was in the one of the busiest intersection in los angeles and when light turn yellow, i gave it little gas engine gave out and left me hanging in the middle of intersection on red :cus:
i turned off ignition and restarted and it went in gear and had to swim thru hail of traffic coming from crossing street.

aubierules
03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Congrats, HQRNY12, I hope the shifting works out well for you. Mine has started to stick in gear again, but it is very sporadic. Some days I'll ride for 150 miles and nothing. The next day it is sticking in gears again. Dealer says to "just ride it".
which is a totally unnacceptable answer..one that if my dealer tells me that, theres gonna be trouble
as a matter of fact brp told them(Pensacola Motorsports) to tell me to take it home and ride it because they didnt know what was wrong..WRONG ANSWER, Corban from P.M.S told them no and they then replaced the shifting solenoid. Hopefully P.M.S will continue to do what is right, as my spyder is in the shop again...imagine that. and, YES thats sarcasm :)

aubierules
03-12-2009, 07:22 AM
I don't understand why your dealer would not do that for you. it does not cost them anything, infact it will make them money as brp will be paying them to do it. all they have to do is tell brp your brakes are squeaking.

It may be that they think it will set the bar too high,and u will expect stuff for free:dontknow:

by the way my se5 developed a shifting problem and today i got a check transmission code while i was in the one of the busiest intersection in los angeles and when light turn yellow, i gave it little gas engine gave out and left me hanging in the middle of intersection on red :cus:
i turned off ignition and restarted and it went in gear and had to swim thru hail of traffic coming from crossing street.

i guess this is one of those situations that really didnt happen:rolleyes:...some people tend to believe that these problems only happen to a few....it sounds more and more like a trend to me..

opticat
03-12-2009, 07:23 AM
aka1004, what happened to you at the intersection describes exactly what has happened to me many times. If we were in cars instead of our Spyders, it would not be quite as dangerous. But several times I had to climb off and push my Spyder to the side. With motorists in such a hurry, it's a wonder that I haven't been run over. And the dealer says, "just ride it!" :mad:

I'm still hoping that there will be a permanent fix for this. Gotta have that positive attitude (although sometimes it is quite difficult).

aubierules
03-12-2009, 07:26 AM
aka1004, what happened to you at the intersection describes exactly what has happened to me many times. If we were in cars instead of our Spyders, it would not be quite as dangerous. But several times I had to climb off and push my Spyder to the side. With motorists in such a hurry, it's a wonder that I haven't been run over. And the dealer says, "just ride it!" :mad:

I'm still hoping that there will be a permanent fix for this. Gotta have that positive attitude (although sometimes it is quite difficult).
and me as well

AnthonyG
03-14-2009, 02:14 PM
The last time I talked to repair shop I was told parts would be ordered for trans. bulletin. I was told parts arrived on 3-11-09 and the tech would maybe get started on it 3-12-09. No estimate of when I might get my ride back. This makes about 6 weeks in shop this time. Total of 8 wks since I purchased in oct. 2008. I've almost forgotten what my ride looks like. Got on Spyderlovers to remind myself.. The tech at this shop told me he has had no training on Spyders. I am not encouraged with this info. I talked with another dealer in my general area and they had no info on the trans. bulletin. They did agree with me that being asked to pay $100 to put Spyder back together until bulletin was found and parts in for repair was not right. Will be using another shop if I ever get it out of shop and can get it safely to another. My 30th wedding anniversary was a week ago and I had hoped to take a short trip on the Spyder with MTL (my true love) on his bike by my side. Didn't happen. I would really like some sort of contact From BRP. I guess since I've already paid for the bike I don't count anymore.:wrong::wrong::wrong:

GaryTheBadger
03-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Update:

I had the transmission service bulletin performed yesterday. They had the two parts on hand because I set up the appointment a week in advance and asked them to order the parts.

The repair had no effect. The Spyder still crawls after stopping, about 50% of the time. I can "burp" the throttle (with the brake held on firmly) and it'll immediately revert to the correct no-crawl mode, but I should not have to do this, and its inconsistent, and it didn't behave like this for the first 200 miles of its life.

I have asked my dealer for Plan B, because I am not aware of any other opitons, and owners have no direct contact path to BRP that I know of.

This is not a deal-breaker, I still highly recommend the Spyder and I'll keep mine, but I will tell prospective buyers of the SE5 what they might be in for.

RoHo
03-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Update:

I had the transmission service bulletin performed yesterday. They had the two parts on hand because I set up the appointment a week in advance and asked them to order the parts.

The repair had no effect. The Spyder still crawls after stopping, about 50% of the time. I can "burp" the throttle (with the brake held on firmly) and it'll immediately revert to the correct no-crawl mode, but I should not have to do this, and its inconsistent, and it didn't behave like this for the first 200 miles of its life.

I have asked my dealer for Plan B, because I am not aware of any other opitons, and owners have no direct contact path to BRP that I know of.

This is not a deal-breaker, I still highly recommend the Spyder and I'll keep mine, but I will tell prospective buyers of the SE5 what they might be in for.

Gary,
Did Darrel do the software download???
Monte

ZOSO
03-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Got spring installed today... alas, not much difference... guess BRP was correct in that my '09 SE5 has the new parts already. Now, if they can only find out what is causing my 'surge at stop' and overheating problems, I will be a happy camper.

Hang in there Degaman I had the surge and overheating a couple of times
along with the creeping, and downing shifting hard into first gear.All went
away at 2000 miles.

burg650
03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I will be getting my 09 SE5 next week, what should I tell the dealer repair shop to change or check for me before I take it home.

zzneonzz
03-15-2009, 01:13 AM
I will be getting my 09 SE5 next week, what should I tell the dealer repair shop to change or check for me before I take it home.

I would make sure its not a VIN that is under the 2009-1 service bulliten if it is have them perform that. Also if its got the old Brake pads I would have them perform that Service bullitin. I think that one is 2009-4 but not sure. Also make sure they have the latest Buds update for the SE5.