PDA

View Full Version : Heated Grip Button Stuck

Darren111
05-05-2016, 03:39 PM
My heated grip button is stuck. Due to warm weather I decided I wanted to turn it off, but unfortunately I cannot turn the heated grip button off. The button is fully depressed and stuck in that position.
My question to you is how do I help free up heated grip button, so that I can switch of the heated grips?:dontknow:

JKMSPYDER
05-05-2016, 04:44 PM
If you turn the ring that is around the key slot counter-clockwise the ring will come off. Then you can lift the plastic piece up that the heated grip switch is attached to. Once you can see under the switch there is a clip that you can push that unlocks the wiring from the switch. This will turn off the grips. If you wish to investigate further, you will see a lock ring under the plastic panel attached to the switch. You should be able to turn the lock counter-clockwise also. It should unscrew and come completely off the switch. Then you can remove the switch and press on and off to see if it still works. If the switch is stuck and won't push, then get dealer to replace.

Bruce B
05-05-2016, 06:46 PM
My heated grip button is stuck. Due to warm weather I decided I wanted to turn it off, but unfortunately I cannot turn the heated grip button off. The button is fully depressed and stuck in that position.
My question to you is how do I help free up heated grip button, so that I can switch of the heated grips?:dontknow:

Spray switch button with WD-40 let it sit for a bit then tap button several times with your finger first before doing any thing else.

Dan McNally
05-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Or, since you must still be under warranty, you can get it replaced by your dealer.

Darren111
05-06-2016, 02:44 PM
I would like to thank JKMSPYDER, BruceB and Dan McNally for the above info. JKMSPYDER, I have noted your instructions and will use them, if all fails I will let dealer repair under warranty.:thumbup:

Darren111
05-07-2016, 01:57 PM
If you turn the ring that is around the key slot counter-clockwise the ring will come off. Then you can lift the plastic piece up that the heated grip switch is attached to. Once you can see under the switch there is a clip that you can push that unlocks the wiring from the switch. This will turn off the grips. If you wish to investigate further, you will see a lock ring under the plastic panel attached to the switch. You should be able to turn the lock counter-clockwise also. It should unscrew and come completely off the switch. Then you can remove the switch and press on and off to see if it still works. If the switch is stuck and won't push, then get dealer to replace.

Hi JKMSPYDER,

After following your instructions, I am know able to turn on and off my heated grips button. The task took less than 5 minutes. Thank you again and this is why I love SL, because there is always someone on hand to help you when you need it.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Nyparrothead
05-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Spray switch button with WD-40 let it sit for a bit then tap button several times with your finger first before doing any thing else.
Don't use wd40!!! It will only attract more gunk

get a can of electrical contact cleaner and give it a shot or two

mark

Tango
05-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Don't use wd40!!! It will only attract more gunk

get a can of electrical contact cleaner and give it a shot or two

mark

Agree, no WD40! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

CapeSpyder
05-08-2016, 10:24 AM
As stated a can of electrical contact cleaner. CRC available @ Home Depot

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chupaca
05-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Hi JKMSPYDER,

After following your instructions, I am know able to turn on and off my heated grips button. The task took less than 5 minutes. Thank you again and this is why I love SL, because there is always someone on hand to help you when you need it.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Always good to hear the the suggestions offered work or not. Glad that JKMSPYDER's explanation and how to worked for you and you have cool hands once again....:bowdown: