Dray
05-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I need to trailer my F3S and can use some advice on the
best places to strap the scoot down without damaging
anything! Experience is appreciated.

Dray

Chupaca
05-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Would be nice to know what trailer you are thinking of. Check withe BLUEKNIGHT911 he made some nice ones. Manual has recommendations on how and where to tie down your ryde...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-05-2016, 12:57 AM
I'm BLUEKNIGHT, and people will tell you how they ONLY use three or four straps with lots of TOWELS to prevent scratches ( the straps will still scratch - ask any " DETAILER " ) etc ........However I use one heavy duty Ratchet strap over the rear tire ( in-line with tread ) and crank it down tight. You MUST have good attachment points front and rear of the wheel for the strap. Since nothing touches anything but the TIRE nothing gets scratched or bent - period. I bought one at DISCOUNT RAMPS , they give better prices on E-bay $ 19.95.........PS, I didn't invent or discover this method --- I just copied the method U-Haul uses to attach any car to one of their " car tow dollies " ......So you know it is LAWYER approved :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: ........PS, It takes me about 5 minutes to attach the STRAP......I also have permanently mounted wood chocks for the front tires ( but no straps )...........Mike :bbq:

Hitman5363
05-05-2016, 06:33 AM

Dray

I have the OHT3 from The Ultimate Trailers that lowers and raises by air. I use two straps on the rear tire and ratchet them down from the sides of the trailer and to the rear of the wheel. I use one strap on each front wheel that goes around the wheel and tire and ratchet those down in the same fashion but they are forward of the front tires. Bike and trailer ride like a dream. If you went to SpyderFest 2016 the trailer being displayed and demonstrated was actually my new trailer.

Dray
05-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Thanks guys for the input! Got what I needed.

Dray

Bruce B
05-06-2016, 09:22 PM

Dray

I have fitted these to several Spyders in the past, these ones are on my F3 you remove move the front lower shock bolts turn them around and fit 12mm S/S eye nuts now you can use them to tow or tie your Spyder down.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129337&stc=1

Morturf
05-06-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm BLUEKNIGHT, and people will tell you how they ONLY use three or four straps with lots of TOWELS to prevent scratches ( the straps will still scratch - ask any " DETAILER " ) etc ........However I use one heavy duty Ratchet strap over the rear tire ( in-line with tread ) and crank it down tight. You MUST have good attachment points front and rear of the wheel for the strap. Since nothing touches anything but the TIRE nothing gets scratched or bent - period. I bought one at DISCOUNT RAMPS , they give better prices on E-bay $ 19.95.........PS, I didn't invent or discover this method --- I just copied the method U-Haul uses to attach any car to one of their " car tow dollies " ......So you know it is LAWYER approved :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: ........PS, It takes me about 5 minutes to attach the STRAP......I also have permanently mounted wood chocks for the front tires ( but no straps )...........Mike :bbq:

Would you have a picture of this method? I am wondering if I can do this in my toy hauler. Thanks much.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Would you have a picture of this method? I am wondering if I can do this in my toy hauler. Thanks much.............A few people here have tried this method ( and liked it ) and have recently posted their PICS..........If you have a trailer and want a really NEAT appearance get some very sturdy " D " rings ...the kind that are flush into the floor.......make sure you BOLT them down .....NOT SCREWS.....and use an oversize metal plate under the floor to BOLT the D rings to......Some do all three wheels , me I only do the rear wheel and have had two serious vehicle incidents while the Spyder was in my Truck......and nothing happened........my strap is rated at 4000 lbs......The ones you get at the Auto store or even Home Depot are likely to be not strong enough.....check the rating on the package.......I see some are using " EYE BOLTS " on the suspension parts......It won't scratch, BUUUUUUUUT, if something happens I wouldn't want my suspension STRESSED that way .....IT wasn't designed to do that......JMHO....Mike :bbq: