PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best foot Floorboards?

SpyderSpy
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I am looking for the best floorboards for more comfortable riding. I was waiting for Jerrys Welding but that is now over 4 months of waiting. Can anyone tell me whose Floorboards are the most comfortable.

fredace
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I can't vouch for MOST comfortable, but I got mine from:
Dean Smith @ 717-225-1413...I think Ciguy50 on another fourm had pictures..E-Mail DJSmith1413@Verizon.net (DJSmith1413@Verizon.net) Phone (717-225-1413)

Don in E Texas
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm also looking for floorboards... what I've done is ordered a pr. of Harley Davidson boards via Ebay ($45.00) and my friend that owns body/welding shop will install for me. He is an active biker and enjoys doing 'off the wall' things just like this project. While he has the bike, he'll also install the highway bracket/pegs as well.

Have not heard of any floorboards on the market as yet.

don

effgjamis
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
At bike week met spyder owner who has floor boards.

check with www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com) ISCI Montgomery, AL 36109 .. tel 334.277.2224

On his spyder they looked real cool..

larryd
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I also have the Dean Smith ones...We just installed them three weeks ago..Only ridden once due to PA weather..They are very professional looking and made..I have pictures but I'm not smart enough to post them..Contact DJSmith1413@verizon.net or phone 717-225-1413 and dean can send you pictures..Hope this helps..larryd :2thumbs:

ptoemmes
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I have not decided on a Spyder - yet - but I did contact Smith Industial and Stephanie Smith sent me about 10 photos: finished and with someone sitting on a Spyder with the boards.

I have managed to misplace them :cus:

I think you can upload pics by using the paperclip icon - that or someone provide instructions.

As I recall - and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong - but all four must be ordered. I think it is $800 for the set and an extra $50.00 for the hele-toe shifter extension if you need/want it. An extension for the parking brake is part of the base set.

Pete

opticat
03-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I also saw the Industrial Specialties ones in Daytona. They are just starting to gear up to make quite a few items for the Spyder. They have an awesome parking brake pedal as well.

sleepman
03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I also saw the Industrial Specialties ones in Daytona. They are just starting to gear up to make quite a few items for the Spyder. They have an awesome parking brake pedal as well.
+1:agree:, these floorboards are definitely worth the wait until they've got them available.

burg650
03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
What about the brake lever on the right side, I would like to see an extension for that as well.

bigiron
03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I have the Dean Smith floorboards, and they are good quality and are comfortable. Took highway pegs off. Make sure you let them know if it's a SM5 or SE5.

ptoemmes
03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I found the updated pics of the Smith footboards. Let's see if this works. Pics of finished pieces as well as pics installed with a person seated. Note: I do not have these boards. In fact I do not - yet - have a Spyder.

From Dean:
"The price is 850.00 for the front and rear set with
the shifter and a parking brake extension, 800.00 less the shifter with a
two to three week delivery."

And in followup Q about finish and brake pedal:
"There are some machined surfaces as well as the dull finish. The brake is hydraulic so the pedal stays the same but there is enough
clearance."

Pete

bplummer
03-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Here are a few pics of the floor boards, parking brake, and hand brake that ISCI will be coming out with shortly. Keep an eye on the web site. I was told that ordering information should be up within the next few weeks.

http://www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com/)

aka1004
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Here are a few pics of the floor boards, parking brake, and hand brake that ISCI will be coming out with shortly. Keep an eye on the web site. I was told that ordering information should be up within the next few weeks.

http://www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com/)
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes:
This is the ONE!!! i just hope they would color match them to stock pieces.

Did you get a chance to sit on one? i am wondering if springs on brake pedal is strong enough for you to ryde with foot on it without fear of "riding " the brake like this Harley set up i've sat on. There was no chance of riding the brake on this one below

Jimmy Neutron
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
A lotta dollars and a few head Aches too late for some of us.. Man I would have loved to have seen the ones from ICS.

sleepman
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes:
This is the ONE!!! i just hope they would color match them to stock pieces.

Did you get a chance to sit on one? i am wondering if springs on brake pedal is strong enough for you to ryde with foot on it without fear of "riding " the brake like this Harley set up i've sat on. There was no chance of riding the brake on this one below

I sat on the Spyder that had teh ISC floorboards. They're very nice and quite sturdy feeling as fell. They have plenty of spce to move your feet around on also. Not sure about riding the brake though, I never leave my foot resting on the brake pedal.

ptoemmes
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Where do the ISC boards attach in the front? Bracket to the motor mount perhaps?

Also, any shift lever extension for the SM5?

Thanks,

Pete

bplummer
03-06-2009, 07:31 AM
I understand the shifter for the SM5 is under development. The pics I posted were for a SE5.

tjfischer
03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I like the ISCI's anybody know the cost?

HD2CANAM
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I wanted to respond to your e-mail about the Spyder parts. We
should have our pricing in place by the end of next week and should be able to start taking orders by the end of this month. We were manufacturing prototypes to gauge interest, and we have seen a good response so far. I will call or e-mail you back when we are ready to go live and mass produce these. Meanwhile, keep checking our website for the addition of a Spyder products page, which should be ready in a week or so. These floorboards will be compatible with the SM5 also. Thank you for your interest.

Darrell Dapprich
Vice President
Industrial Specialty Company

I was all set to order the floorboards from Dean when I saw the post from ISC company. I emailed them and this is the response I just received.

LittleJohn
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I think I almost had the ISC guys talked into selling one of their prototypes on the hand brake....LOL

SpyderGirl
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I like both of those, especially the second set pictured. However to me it looks like they are sitting too low to properly get to the brake and or the shifter. Correct me if I am wrong.

fastfraser
03-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Sweet can hardley wait for them to come to the market. Buy for sure. Black Anodized would be nice.:2thumbs::clap::2excited:

Roaddog2
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM

http://www.industrialspecialty.com Clean and Mean :2thumbs: :clap:

sleepman
03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I like both of those, especially the second set pictured. However to me it looks like they are sitting too low to properly get to the brake and or the shifter. Correct me if I am wrong.

No the ISC actually had an excellent position when it comes to the brake pedal. I was quite impressed when I sat on their Spyder. As for the shifter yes the SM5 would probably be best with a shifter extension, which I believe the ISC guys were working on as well.

Putt-Putt
03-10-2009, 07:30 PM
ISCI is on the right track with these Boards; they look great.

tatt2r
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
they look really nice i'm all about things that look factory but the spyder logo on a lot of the after market stuff looks like an ant .....:coffee:
am i right people or am i wrong??? if i tattooed that on someone the would say it's an ant not a spyder....:coffee:

tatt2r
03-10-2009, 07:34 PM

1127:D:coffee:
8 legs do not always make a spider
3 wheels don't alway make a spyder

SpyderGirl
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I thought EXACTLY the same thing.

Arachnid
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
As Sgt. Schultz says "Vaaary interesting"

Mike

bone crusher
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM

tat,

What do you have against ants? Just kiddin'...I think each manufacturer is going to have a different looking Spyder...that's something we're going to have to deal with unless we buy all mods from one company...a daddy longlegs is a spider as is a black widow...they definitely look different...the Spyder can be as unique as each spider....

ataDude
03-10-2009, 10:18 PM
And, this from a guy who can't recognize a real windshield when he sees it. :D
Just kidding.

tatt2r
03-11-2009, 09:53 AM
:barf::coffee:
And, this from a guy who can't recognize a real windshield when he sees it. :D
Just kidding.

Roaddog2
03-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Carpenter Ant :agree:but I do like the style alot of thought and some good milling.

sleepman
03-11-2009, 04:19 PM
they look really nice i'm all about things that look factory but the spyder logo on a lot of the after market stuff looks like an ant .....:coffee:
am i right people or am i wrong??? if i tattooed that on someone the would say it's an ant not a spyder....:coffee:

When I look twice now, yeah it kinda does. I'll tell you though after actually seeing the floorboards that thought never occurred to me. I'll still be ordering a set. :2thumbs:

HD2CANAM
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I just received the rear passenger foot pegs extensions from techguru today and will be putting them on tomorrow. They look terrific. I also ordered the ISC Brake Extension today and they told me it would be shipped out this afternoon. I also have a set of 4" NMM risers that are supposed to be shipped today also. With the foot pegs extensions, I also had him ship the exhaust lowering bracket since I miss my Harley sounds and intend to replace the stock muffler at a later date.

ptoemmes
03-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I lobbed an email into ISCI asking whether they have pics or a description of what they are thinking for the SM5 shifter. I'll post the response if I get one.

In the meantime...permit my mind to wonder.

In stock form, up on the shifter peg results in a counter-clockwise movement (as you look ifrom the left side of the Spyder) of - what I'll call - the shifter shaft - the splined shaft the shifter arm-peg is clamped to. Likewise, down on the shifter peg results in a clockwise motion of the shifter shaft. And, in stock form, the shifter peg - and driver foot - is rearward of the shaft.

So, seems to me you need the up-down motion of any "forward" controls - where the shift "peg" and foot is in fornt of the shifter shaft - to maintain the counter-clockwise/clockwise respectively movement of the shifter shaft.

It looks like Dennis Smith addresses this by adding a shift arm extension towards the front and in front of the shifter shaft. Simple and maybe elegantly simple as long as you can create enough rotational force on the shaft by simply moving the forward shifter up and down.

Thoughts?

Pete

ptoemmes
03-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I lobbed an email into ISCI asking whether they have pics or a description of what they are thinking for the SM5 shifter. I'll post the response if I get one.

I got a resonse from Bill Jones of ISCI - took a while and it did not have any of the specifics I asked about re: SM5 shifter.
Here's the response - all will be revealed soon.
"
Pete,
I wanted to respond to your e-mail about the Spyder parts. We should have our pricing in place by the end of next week and should be able to start taking orders by the end of this month. We were manufacturing prototypes to gauge interest, and we have seen a good response so far. I will e-mail you back when we are ready to go live and mass produce these. Meanwhile, keep checking our website for the addition of a Spyder products page, which should be ready in a week or so. Thank you for your interest.
Billy Jones
Sales Manager
Industrial Specialty Company Inc.
Phone# 334-277-2224
Fax# 334-277-9648
www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com)
"

LRCulpepper
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I recieved and email reply from ISCI saying there floor boards as well as serveral other accesories for :spyder2: would be on there website in next few days to keep checking however i have been all over there website and havent found any products only information about them. can anyone show me the link to their products for sale?
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

irish2themax
05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
I just sent the following e-mail to ISCI

I understand that you have floorboards for sale to fit the Can Am Spyder. Back in June 2008, you reportedly told someone in an e-mail to "keep checking our website for the addition of a Spyder products page, which should be ready in a week or so."

It is now May 2009 and there is still no link to products. Please advise

Brian Kelly
Martinsburg WV
2099 Spyder SE5 owner

Let's see what they say

ptoemmes
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks and let us know.

venom21 posted this

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96516&postcount=2

first week of May and if you take the "month or so" literally then I have reset my expectations to early/mid June - 2009.

Pete

Putt-Putt
05-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Yup I have called them a few times since last year and was told the same thing. Parts will be ready for sale in a week. That has been several months now. I was interested in the hand brake.
:dontknow:

mike3069
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
The thing I don't like about these 2 setups is that you lose the stock footpeg position. On my homemade simple floorboards the stock peg stays put. I find that the 2nd most used foot position for me is with my heel on the stock peg and my toe on the floorboard. This is my "Relaxed Riding" position. With removal of the stock peg, this is obviously not an available position. Not to mention that when aggressive riding is called for, the best position is the stock position and this is also not an available position with either of the above mentioned solutions.

These are my personal observations after 14000 miles with the ones I made. Anybody else got some others?

fastfraser
05-15-2009, 06:01 PM
The new pics i saw awhile back now have the ant looking like a :spyder2: now. I was also told buy one of the sponsered sellers the price on the floor boards are about 1200.00 and if you want the :spyder2: on them another 100.00 and if you have the SM5 ANOTHER 100.00 Not sure if the parking brake is included in that price.
Theyn have been saying next week for months now. I know they are having to do a lot of tests on the hand brake and thats fine. Get it right the first time. But what is the hold up on the running boards? :dontknow:

Arachnid
05-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I hope the holdup is to see if they can crunch the price down from astronautical to stratospheric.
Say 700. :pray:

Mike