PDA

View Full Version : a quick question for new f3 owners

cuznjohn
05-03-2016, 11:45 AM
i started to really like the bike, the red is just gorgeous. my question is, for your first long ride you took to spyderfest on the f3 how do you compare the bike to your last bike for comfort and handling. if you can tell me what bike you gave up for the f3 also, i would appreciate it.

bscrive
05-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Hi John,

My wife had a STL last year, but she would always complain about a sore lower back after only a couple of hours riding. I bought her a backrest, and she was fine for a time, but always complained about her back at the end of the day.
She decided to try the F3 one day, and loved the way she sat on it. She also noted that she no longer felt the bumps nearly as bad as her STL. She bought an F3s last fall, and we did a 2 day trip through the Adirondacks last October. Even after 10 hours of riding each day, she didn't have any issues. She really prefers the sitting position of the F3.

BikerDoc
05-03-2016, 12:01 PM
I didn't make it to Spyderfest but already have over 10000 miles on my 2016 F3 Limited in 12 weeks, including 3 Iron butt rydes. I moved over from 3 RTs to the 2015 F3S (27000 mile on it), to the 2016 F3 Limited.. For long distance ryding the new F3 Limited is hands down the most comfortable and best handling of my 5 Spyders.

jcthorne
05-03-2016, 12:35 PM
I rode to Spyderfest last year on an RT. Rode home on and F3. The F3 is far and away the more comfortable bike for the rider. I had replaced the RT seat with an Ultimate, I eventually replaced the F3 seat with a Russel. I could never go back to an RT. With my soft side saddle bags and water proof duffel across the top of them and passenger seat, I have more luggage space than my wife does on her RT.

cuznjohn
05-03-2016, 01:22 PM
at first i didn't like the look of the f3, but when i saw it in person it started to grow on me. now i see the red one that Pattie got, and i am in love. i have sat on one, but not set up for me and i was a little uncomfortable on it. they wanted to move the pegs for me, but i told them not to bother. right now funds are really low, thanks uncle SAM, and i don't need to bite off more then i can chew. i owe more then my rt is worth so i don't want to take the beating i will take. but thanks for the answers

BadGrim
05-03-2016, 07:24 PM
at first i didn't like the look of the f3, but when i saw it in person it started to grow on me. now i see the red one that Pattie got, and i am in love. i have sat on one, but not set up for me and i was a little uncomfortable on it. they wanted to move the pegs for me, but i told them not to bother. right now funds are really low, thanks uncle SAM, and i don't need to bite off more then i can chew. i owe more then my rt is worth so i don't want to take the beating i will take. but thanks for the answers

I traded my 2013 rts on a 2015 f3, and didn't take too much of a beating.
Most dealers gave the 2015 marked down to 15-16k right now.

spyderpagan
05-03-2016, 09:59 PM
A bit off comparo .... The nearest bike I have had to compare to the F 3 T was a Honda ST 1300 . Yes two wheels and styling with intergrated bags , very fast but totally different beast . The F 3 is so much more in all ways ..... and with an extra wheel and much more comfort and balance :spyder2::yes:

murphybrown
05-04-2016, 03:45 AM
i started to really like the bike, the red is just gorgeous. my question is, for your first long ride you took to spyderfest on the f3 how do you compare the bike to your last bike for comfort and handling. if you can tell me what bike you gave up for the f3 also, i would appreciate it.

Just turned 1100 miles. Picked up at Spyderfest from Pitbull Powersports. Prior I rode 72k on a 2010 RT and 38k on 2014 RTS. Longest 1 day on F3t was shy of 700 miles. Comfort is excellent I will add the "middle " peg from Lamontster garage as I find mount dismount takes effort to get the "out of shape" body on and off. Handling is much quicker. Took me about 50 miles to feel one with my Red Stallion. Still not feeling 100% with brake. On RTS I could "roll" onto brake without picking up heel. On F3 have to pick up foot. But 100% will come soon. Yep I'm liking the F3t a whole bunch. Only dang I have I luved my two temp heated grips. Single low heat is adequate and no fixing that one. So accepted and luv what I have

eagleeye299
05-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Had a 2013 ST, could only ride for about an hour before needing to get off and stretch the knees. No knee issues with the F3. Way more comfortable riding position.