PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any Spyder Rentals on any of the Hawaiian Islands?

Commander
05-02-2016, 08:35 AM
My wife decided we need to take a special trip for our 40th Anniversary. Since she is part Polish, I tried a one way ticket to Poland, for some reason she would not go for that.. She wants to go back to to where we went on our honeymoon and 25th Anniv. Hawaii. Does anyone know if they have Spyder rentals on any of the Hawaiian Islands. I figured if she could put up with me for 40 years, that is the least I can do......and renting the spyder was her idea.

Grandpot
05-02-2016, 08:44 AM
I don't know anything about rentals, but congratulations on 40 years.:yes:

Spyder601
05-02-2016, 09:02 AM
My wife decided we need to take a special trip for our 40th Anniversary. Since she is part Polish, I tried a one way ticket to Poland, for some reason she would not go for that.. She wants to go back to to where we went on our honeymoon and 25th Anniv. Hawaii. Does anyone know if they have Spyder rentals on any of the Hawaiian Islands. I figured if she could put up with me for 40 years, that is the least I can do......and renting the spyder was her idea.

+1 my wife and I are going to Hawaii in June and I was curious about this as well. I'm all ears on this topic.

ARtraveler
05-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I rented a :spyder2: the last time I was on Maui. We drove the famous Hana Highway. The dealer, Maui Scooters, stopped renting :ani29:'s the next year. The one we rented was well used and service had been lacking.

As of a few months ago, there were no :spyder2: dealers on any of the islands. A few people that live on the islands, bought their :ani29:'s stateside and they are doing their own maintenance.

We saw one other :spyder2: on Maui when we were there.

That's my latest update. Here is our rental parked in front of the Hana Post Office.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79661&d=1384981429 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3179&attachmentid=79660)

Commander
05-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info. If there are no Spyders on any of the islands we will be in withdrawal until we get home......:gaah::gaah:

HIspyder
05-02-2016, 11:31 PM
No Spyder rentals In Hawaii, that I know of, but I do have reliable insider information that there is an F3 on Kauai. nojoke

SpyderSue
02-26-2019, 04:36 PM
No Spyder rentals In Hawaii, that I know of, but I do have reliable insider information that there is an F3 on Kauai. nojoke

Sooooo, if you'll let me ryde your F3 on Kauai (1st week of April), I'll let you ryde mine in Colorado. I live just outside Rocky Mtn. National Park.

Just a thought??

johnsimion
02-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Yes, there ARE Spyder rentals in Honolulu, I know because my wife and I rented one on our trip there last November. The lady that runs the place is named Mary Demonteverde and she is a very nice person to deal with. She brought the Spyder to our timeshare and picked it up there as well. The Spyder we got had a loud muffler and a manual transmission, but that was because our rental was a last-minute whim. We still had a blast although I wished I had my earplugs. Other than that it was great. Try riding up Tantalus Drive.

We're planning to rent again when we go back in August and have been in contact with Mary recently. Because I was a little concerned with the loud muffler last time, she said she would get us a quieter model for our next trip.

Web Site: https://www.hawaiispyder.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hawaiispyder/

JP58
02-26-2019, 08:33 PM

My wife and I will be in Honolulu and Kauai for a week in mid March for our 30th Anniversary . Really looking forward to the trip.

Big F
02-27-2019, 12:14 PM
Hey SpyderSue, 3 couples from NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) are coming to your great State in June. we rented a house on Grand Elk golf course South of Granby and will be Spyder riding all around/over/thru RMNP, Estes, etc. we have been scouting out some of the scenic routes in the area. we found 4 that we might try: Peak to Peak, Cache La Poudre-North Park, Colorado River Headwaters and of course Trail Ridge Road. If you have any suggestions of some other great scenic ride routes we would appreciate any input. where are yu specifically located?
NISR - Chico, Gordon, Gary and our back saddle mates thank yu for any input. my email: bigeff@cox.net

JP58
02-27-2019, 12:41 PM
HISpyder is there any motorcycle rentals in Kauai.

ARtraveler
02-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Yes, there ARE Spyder rentals in Honolulu, I know because my wife and I rented one on our trip there last November. The lady that runs the place is named Mary Demonteverde and she is a very nice person to deal with. She brought the Spyder to our timeshare and picked it up there as well. The Spyder we got had a loud muffler and a manual transmission, but that was because our rental was a last-minute whim. We still had a blast although I wished I had my earplugs. Other than that it was great. Try riding up Tantalus Drive.

We're planning to rent again when we go back in August and have been in contact with Mary recently. Because I was a little concerned with the loud muffler last time, she said she would get us a quieter model for our next trip.

Web Site: https://www.hawaiispyder.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hawaiispyder/

Thank you for the updated information. The only bad thing about a Honolulu rental is that it is like driving in Chicago with palm trees...all four lanes or so each direction. :roflblack:

Once you get out of the Honolulu area, West, North Shore, South Shore...its back to the Oahu Hawaii ambience as usual. I did like our Maui rental when they were available.

Motorcycledave
02-27-2019, 05:21 PM
Hi All
My wife and I have family in Hawaii, we go every year to visit, I have NEVER found any dealer that rents
Spyders on any of the islands in the last 3 or 4 years. we usually are on the big island in Kona and Hilo but
we do travel around to all the islands, you can rent a Harley everywhere but no CanAm dealers offer rentals
so if someone in the islands knows of a renting dealer PLEASE let us all know.
Dave

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-27-2019, 10:21 PM
Hi All
My wife and I have family in Hawaii, we go every year to visit, I have NEVER found any dealer that rents
Spyders on any of the islands in the last 3 or 4 years. we usually are on the big island in Kona and Hilo but
we do travel around to all the islands, you can rent a Harley everywhere but no CanAm dealers offer rentals
so if someone in the islands knows of a renting dealer PLEASE let us all know.
Dave

:hun:… Dear Dave , reading ALL the posts on any Thread can supply very enlightening info …… jmho ….. Mike :ohyea:

LeftCoast
02-28-2019, 01:30 AM
:hun:… Dear Dave , reading ALL the posts on any Thread can supply very enlightening info …… jmho ….. Mike :ohyea:

Hmmm.....

johnsimion
02-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Well, technically https://www.hawaiispyder.com/ isn't a dealer ...

ARtraveler
02-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Well, technically https://www.hawaiispyder.com/ isn't a dealer ...

Definately not a dealer. This looks similar to Maui Scooters (who used to rent Spyders on Maui).

The ad says you will get a 5 speed/990 engine Spyder. Sounds like RS to me....which was what I got on Maui.

Still a fun ride. Not everyone can say they have Spydered in Hawaii. Very beautiful experience.

PURPLEON3
02-13-2024, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know of any rentals on any of the islands? Could be a Spyder or a Ryker...last of the 50 states for us but having a hard time finding info about rentals. Thank you so much!

Snoking1127
02-13-2024, 09:20 PM
Looks like two wheelers or Slingshots are your options.

PURPLEON3
02-13-2024, 09:33 PM
Thank you...won't be a slingshot...I can ride two wheels if I have to but I really want it to be a Spyder or Ryker...I have a few other leads coming in from some other posts....fingers crossed!!

ARtraveler
02-14-2024, 01:03 PM
All the information comes from 2016 and 2019. :oldpost:

Virgil2014
02-14-2024, 03:53 PM
I checked on The Big Island while I was in Kona in January, no Spyders.
There is a rental place in Kings Shops renting motorcycles and Slingshots.
Aloha

PURPLEON3
02-14-2024, 10:11 PM
Thank you Virgil2014. Hubby called somewhere in Honolulu today (a motorcycle rental place) and they are adding a Ryker to their fleet very soon.

PURPLEON3
02-21-2024, 02:34 PM
Well, I have some NEW INFORMATION since this thread started 7 years ago. I have a Ryker reserved in April for 8 hours at the following:

https://www.cruzinhawaii.com/

Cost is $150 for 8 hours, located in Honolulu.

I'll let you know how it works out. Hubby has a 2 wheeler reserved from Rider Share. State #50 here we come!!

ARtraveler
02-21-2024, 03:48 PM
Well, I have some NEW INFORMATION since this thread started 7 years ago. I have a Ryker reserved in April for 8 hours at the following:

https://www.cruzinhawaii.com/

Cost is $150 for 8 hours, located in Honolulu.

I'll let you know how it works out. Hubby has a 2 wheeler reserved from Rider Share. State #50 here we come!!

Great to hear the Hawaii information. And...the rental price is a great one. I would have expected the rentals to be about twice that. :thumbup:

PS: make sure to take the H3 North to the end, the South end is Pearl Harbor. It is supposed to be one of the 10 most beautiful Highways in the United States. It will take you through the Jungle and through a big tunnel. The tunnel is comparable to the Eisenhower just west of Denver.

Ride videos of the H3 are on Google.

PURPLEON3
02-21-2024, 07:16 PM
Thank you and will definitely take that highway! Sounds amazing!! Just looked to see some of the most beautiful highways in the US... I've been on a few of them... PCH, Beartooth Highway, Kankamagus, Blue Ridge Parkway, Route 66, Overseas Highway (I didn't know that was the name of it lol). Even if that isn't the right list, those are all great roads... we have a few more we want to do and some I would go back and do again... Beartooth is one of my favorites.