PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control at Daytona

SpyderDeb
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
:f_spider: I'm stuck here in MN. Wondering if anyone has seen any deals on the MCCRUISE cruise control - say that three times in a row - while in Daytona.

bone crusher
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I went with a throttlemeister as it's cheaper and suits my needs just fine.

With that being said, the mccruise is supposed to be the rolls royce of cruise controls...many here have one and they all seem to really love it...it has the functionality of an automobile cruise.

The installation is a little tricky...better to have a pro do it...you don't want to have a problem with it while you're moving fast on the highway...

If money is an issue, save $400 and go with a throttlemeiser...it's a mechanical throttle control and will give your hand a break while you ride...it's safe to use and is very, very popular. Scotty (who knows more than anyone around here) has one and loves it...that was enough for me...I have mine in a box and will be installing it as soon as I get a nice day...either that, or when I take the Spyder in for service this weekend, I might have them do it...should only take about 15-30 minutes...

:f_spider: I'm stuck here in MN. Wondering if anyone has seen any deals on the MCCRUISE cruise control - say that three times in a row - while in Daytona.

jnt
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey, SpyderDeb

We are also in MN, and W has the AudiovoxCC on her Spyder (same unit Lamont has). While not specifically engineered for cycles, it works well, and is less than $100 either eBay or Amazon. I installed it for her. She loved it on the trip we took, as well as when just out ryding.

Happy to show it to you. We are in Minneapolis. PM for specifics.

jnt

dragonheart
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
I just had the MC cruise control installed on my bike by my dealer. He became a licensed dealer due to my request and mine obviously was his first install. It took two of them 6 hours (I have the Corbin bags and they had to be removed and replaced) so it is not an easy do-it-yourself task. I drove my Spyder for the first time this morning, using the cruise control on the Interstate, and it was wonderful.

While some might like the Audiovox and the MC does come at a hefty price, the MC is made for a motorcycle. The Audiovox is made for a car, to be installed INSIDE a car, safe from weather. The MC is made to be outside and is water resistant. It has all sorts of safety features - I can cut off cruise by hitting the throttle, hitting the brakes, turning it off (obviously), and even pulling in the clutch (not the preferred method). My dealer even tried it in different situations such as taking a turn too fast, and with the MC connected to the Spyder, the two sensed the speed, and the cruise shut off.

It's just a matter of how much is your safety worth.

Jake007
03-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear that...:yikes: Was supposed to be down there myself, but the truck got cancelled for my Spyder... bummer. But have gotten heated vest and chaps for cold weather ride. Am going to get heated gloves and arm warmers next. I just put heated Corbin seat on and Ind.7 windshield and 4 inch risers. Don't know how i like windshield yet have not had it out. Am also wanting to put cruise on the bike since it is sitting in the shop..

bone crusher
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
No question the Mc is a great way to go...enjoy!

I just had the MC cruise control installed on my bike by my dealer. He became a licensed dealer due to my request and mine obviously was his first install. It took two of them 6 hours (I have the Corbin bags and they had to be removed and replaced) so it is not an easy do-it-yourself task. I drove my Spyder for the first time this morning, using the cruise control on the Interstate, and it was wonderful.

While some might like the Audiovox and the MC does come at a hefty price, the MC is made for a motorcycle. The Audiovox is made for a car, to be installed INSIDE a car, safe from weather. The MC is made to be outside and is water resistant. It has all sorts of safety features - I can cut off cruise by hitting the throttle, hitting the brakes, turning it off (obviously), and even pulling in the clutch (not the preferred method). My dealer even tried it in different situations such as taking a turn too fast, and with the MC connected to the Spyder, the two sensed the speed, and the cruise shut off.

It's just a matter of how much is your safety worth.

Spydyr
03-05-2009, 08:11 PM
I haven't got one yet but from all of those on here who have posted there opinion on the MCcruise cruise control, I'm sold. A throttlelock might work great on level ground but it's too inconsistent on the mountains here in WV.

bone crusher
03-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I haven't got one yet but from all of those on here who have posted there opinion on the MCcruise cruise control, I'm sold. A throttlelock might work great on level ground but it's too inconsistent on the mountains here in WV.

I think the intent of the throttlemeister is to give the rider the ability to rest the right hand on long rides. I don't think any cruise is good on hilly/mountain roads...it also helps to reduce vibration, making the ride more comfortable all the way around.

Spydyr
03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I think the intent of the throttlemeister is to give the rider the ability to rest the right hand on long rides. I don't think any cruise is good on hilly/mountain roads...it also helps to reduce vibration, making the ride more comfortable all the way around.
MCcruise should maintain speed regardless of how hilly or mountainous the road but I just checked the price at Spoiledbiker.com and it has went way up. $680 is out of my reach for cruise. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a mod. I'm with you on this one bone crusher.

aka1004
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
i would love to get mccruise but 700 bucks whew!!
it will have to wait till i am done with everything else:( until then vista cruise will have to do.
corbin seat/bags,riser and them floorboards i like first:D

bone crusher
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Well, we can get that number down a little...but with this economy, I'll still stick with the TM...

http://www.mccruise.com/Can-Am-Spyder-Roadster-for-manual-and-electric-shift-vehicles-p-147.html

MCcruise should maintain speed regardless of how hilly or mountainous the road but I just checked the price at Spoiledbiker.com and it has went way up. $680 is out of my reach for cruise. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a mod. I'm with you on this one bone crusher.

SpyderDeb
03-06-2009, 01:36 AM
:f_spider: Thanks everyone for your input on the cruise! Very much appreciated! :2thumbs: