garb55
04-30-2016, 09:43 AM
I want to go to Canada next year for the 10th anniversary home coming
Do I need a passport to go to Canada or will my drivers license be enough
thanks
Don

Chupaca
04-30-2016, 09:49 AM
All the times we have gone our drivers licenses was all we needed. That was four years ago and things may have changed..I'm sure our northern friends will know and give you confirmation on that. Passports are easy to get and are good to have on hand anyway, great ID and you never know when you might travel... like after November.....:roflblack::roflblack:

Johnny_Swindle
04-30-2016, 09:51 AM
The one time I went to Canada I used a passport......it might be safe to get one that way you won't have any issues.

thanks
Don

Marker
04-30-2016, 10:06 AM
thanks
Don

You need a passport to come to Canada.
When I travel to USA I also need a passport. You might need a passport to present upon your return to USA.
A reminder Canada has very strict gun laws so leave any firearms at home.
Hop to see you in Quebec next year

cognaccruiser
04-30-2016, 10:39 AM
You need a passport to come in BUT more to the point you will need one to get back into the USA. Doesn't matter if you are an American citizen or not. The US requires it as much as we do.

Gary

Old Prof
04-30-2016, 10:44 AM
When/where will there be more details/information about this event?:dontknow:

bamaryder
04-30-2016, 11:57 AM
I would like more in formation about the rally in Canada next year. BRP will probably be doing something special for the 10 year anniversary.

Highwayman2013
04-30-2016, 02:59 PM
When I went to Canada in 2014 I needed a passport both ways but coming back into the US was the strictest. Go to the post office and get it done.

900Dave
04-30-2016, 05:43 PM
When/where will there be more details/information about this event?:dontknow:

Go here and register you should then receive emails from BRP with details.

http://spyderhomecoming.com/

Jheck
04-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Here in New York State we have what's called Enhanced Drivers License. We can cross into Canada, Mexico, and some of the Caribbean Islands. Costs fifty bucks more than a regular license, but no need to carry a Passport.:yes:

Deanna777
04-30-2016, 07:16 PM
thanks
DonDon, Can you get an "Enhanced Drivers License" in California?

Deanna

Larry rt
04-30-2016, 07:17 PM
In Michigan, you can get the enhanced drivers license. As long as you cross by land , you can enter and leave. With no issues.

Deanna777
04-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Here in New York State we have what's called Enhanced Drivers License. We can cross into Canada, Mexico, and some of the Caribbean Islands. Costs fifty bucks more than a regular license, but no need to carry a Passport.:yes:Over here in Vermont we have the same thing" Enhanced Drivers License, ( " EDL/ ID must be removed from sleeve @ border crossing) it has photo, and with other info on it.
Deanna

Bfromla
04-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Get a. Passport just for the back up & collect some stamps of places visited:2thumbs: You may want to try a cruise or something later & it would be handy to already have done as well

Border Rider
04-30-2016, 08:16 PM
I live right on the border to Quebec and go to Canada quite often and a passport makes it quite easy to go, but coming
back to the U.S. is a real pain in the ass if you don't have a passport or nexus card. The Canadians are much easier to
deal with.

Showie
04-30-2016, 09:12 PM
The State of Washington has an enhanced drivers license that is accepted by Canada, at least BC and allows you back in the USA. Never know what our government will do. Seems one can never be a citizen enough for some officials. :banghead:

SPYDERGUY1
04-30-2016, 09:43 PM
As many have posted , perhaps in the State you are from an EDL , etc, may suffice, but GET A PASSPORT, will save you a lot of hassle, if even getting across. Not worth the worry. Not sure what the deal is in the US, but now a Canadian passport is valid for 10 years. have crossed the border numerous times but never got a stamp, my kids and wife have lot's. Work prevented me from going. When I went on my cruise with family last year , finally got a stamp, YA BABY, yes, breakdown and get the passport.

garb55
04-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Don, Can you get an "Enhanced Drivers License" in California?

Deanna

No I believe California does not have them yet
my passport expired in Feb. this year so
I guess I will renew it

Jheck
05-02-2016, 05:14 PM
I live right on the border to Quebec and go to Canada quite often and a passport makes it quite easy to go, but coming
back to the U.S. is a real pain in the ass if you don't have a passport or nexus card. The Canadians are much easier to
deal with.
Been to Canada 10 or so times with our Enhanced DL. Never a problem either way except, their guys are a lot nicer than our guys.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Deanna777
05-02-2016, 05:37 PM
No I believe California does not have them yet
my passport expired in Feb. this year so
I guess I will renew itOk, Here in Vermont @ dmv website it says: U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Carrabin, by land or by sea, are now required to present a U.S. passport, or a U.S. Pass Card, or EDL".
Deanna

garb55
05-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Ok, Here in Vermont @ dmv website it says: U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Carrabin, by land or by sea, are now required to present a U.S. passport, or a U.S. Pass Card, or EDL".
Deanna

So if I'm not a US citizen I can come to the US without a passport
just swim here :roflblack::roflblack:

billybovine
05-03-2016, 06:25 PM
For Canadians going to the US. If your passport expires in less than 6 months we are often turned back. Canada may have a similar policy coming this way.