PDA

View Full Version : F3 Turbo concept minus the turbo?

pauly1
04-29-2016, 04:04 PM
So, the Turbo concept F3 is at SpyderFest but i dont see any turbo - where did it go?

Marker
04-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Read that it had a supercharger not a turbo.Maybe the supercharger is in the bowls of the motor

bscrive
04-29-2016, 05:29 PM
No, the one shown at Daytona was definitely a turbo. Maybe they just put the dressing on a regular F3 for Spyderfest. That's funny. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Are you sure that you are looking at the actual one, because I think Pitbull did up a similar mockup. You may be looking at that one.

Yazz
04-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Was looking at the F3 Turbo today. I think with all the venting they have on the front, the turbo might be where the frunk would be.

Peter Aawen
04-29-2016, 06:45 PM
Wasn't the frunk where the intercooler went??

Anyone got pics of the F3-turbo they are showing at Spyderfest? Or at least pics of the engine & frunk, etc?

PMK
04-29-2016, 07:10 PM
FWIW, the photo posted in the original post is inverted.

Depending upon how it is plumbed, the turbocharger could be in many locations where it fits. Including possibly up in the front near the intercooler that was mentioned.

Ron2andia
04-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Hmmm this brings up an interesting question... Would you put a turbo body look kit on your regular F3? It is a snazzy looking bike after all.:spyder:

pauly1
04-29-2016, 09:02 PM
A turbo charger is driven by exhaust gas and therefore needs a connection to the exhaust. There was no connection visible.

Wayne

Chupaca
04-29-2016, 10:29 PM
No Turbo for you...!! :roflblack::roflblack:

Dray
04-30-2016, 06:56 AM
The one I saw had the exhaust dumping out the side and one of the
engineers stated that when running hard the scoot would blow flame
out the side! That would be wild.

Dray

PMK
04-30-2016, 07:18 AM
A turbo charger is driven by exhaust gas and therefore needs a connection to the exhaust. There was no connection visible.

Wayne

With no visible turbocharger, it sounds as if the design team made a nice tidy package. Seems silly they would have no turbo and flaunt it as a turbocharged machine. The photo posted has enough odd bits with sensors that something certainly is different.

Wanted to add that the engine layout of the 1330 with a forward facing throttle body and forward facing exhaust ports lends itself to place a turbo forward and above other components to allow heat to escape. If intercooled, they could almost make a heat exchanger that has no additional plumbing except the two couplings at the turbo compressor discharge and throttle body inlet.

PMK
04-30-2016, 07:24 AM
The one I saw had the exhaust dumping out the side and one of the
engineers stated that when running hard the scoot would blow flame
out the side! That would be wild.

Dray

I so want our RTS to drop a flame on decelleration. How cool would that be at night. One of those closed throttle long orange flames that disappears when the throttle is reapplied.

Peter Aawen
04-30-2016, 07:44 AM
If you turn the OP's pic up the right way, check out the heat shield & the little bit of exhaust that you can see below it... I'm pretty sure that's not stock, & there's a reasonable chance that whatever the something hidden underneath it is, it has been added or fitted into the exhaust between the heads & the lower curve of the exhaust pipe.... ;)

PMK
04-30-2016, 07:59 AM
If you turn the OP's pic up the right way, check out the heat shield & the little bit of exhaust that you can see below it... I'm pretty sure that's not stock, & there's a reasonable chance that whatever the something hidden underneath it is, it has been added or fitted into the exhaust between the heads & the lower curve of the exhaust pipe.... ;)

Agree and the location I was describing