PDA

View Full Version : brp response team

aubierules
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
do u guys actually GET a response from these people? I sent them an email about my se5 hunk of junk and never recieved a response..been around 3 weeks....starting to wonder if these guys really exist...its irritating enough to have the problems to begin with, but I can accept it since its such a new model..what i cant accept is lack of response by brp...getting really annoyed:shocked:

steven888
03-03-2009, 09:57 AM
I feel for you. That part of the spyder thing suck's. When you hear about this stuff all the time. They need to set up some kind of response department and take care of the paying customer's. This is not good advertisment.It will not help sell spyder's. Good luck and keep us posted.

:dontknow:

Recluze
03-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Next to their website, BRP's customer care is about the worse I have ever seen. It seems to be common among motorcycle suppliers btw. I am new to this and the attitude of MOST after market suppliers is really awful.

I have never gotten my owner's kit. I have unit #610 and 21k miles on it. Ever so often I contact them by email and they write back telling me it is on the way but I have not seen it for 16 months now. I did manage to get them to change my status from enthusiast to owner about a month ago so I am making glacier like progress.

So I survive by lurking in great web sites like this and I am lucky in that I have the best mechanic on the planet taking care of my bike. BRP needs to change their paradigm to something that works for on road vehicles.

aubierules
03-03-2009, 12:16 PM
I will have to take the bike in this saturday...this will be the 3rd time....I talked with my salesman, and he said that BRP will not pay them to troubleshoot...he said that they (dealer) tell brp what problems the customer is having and then brp troubleshoots and says replace gear position sensor...etc...My problem with this approach is that it is an hour one way each time i have to take it in.....if the dealer could troubleshoot while the bike is there, maybe i wouldnt have to take it in all the time:dontknow: or maybe not...

I just wonder how many peoples se5 were really fixed with the gear position sensor, comp update, and spring replacement. and how many actually found out later that it wasnt really fixed.....my problem is intermittent. i wonder if theirs is too?:dontknow:

draboo
03-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I ve been considering purchasing a SE5 in addition to the SM5 I already have.

After reading all the problems with the SE5 AND the problems with BRP, I may just hold off for a bit.

Sure would like to test drive one, tho.

aubierules
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I ve been considering purchasing a SE5 in addition to the SM5 I already have.

After reading all the problems with the SE5 AND the problems with BRP, I may just hold off for a bit.

Sure would like to test drive one, tho.

they are great and i love mine.....when it works:D
the problem is ur test ride will probablly be great....then later when u buy there will be a problem...
i really do love mine and i hope they get it fixed...just frustrating:chill:

Recluze
03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I love my Spyder.

I have had my power steering fixed three times. The last time it was the gear position sensor that was changed.

Mine is intermittent so time will tell whether this will fix it. I have gone as long as 12,000 without seeing the problem.

aubierules
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I love my Spyder.

i have had my power steering fixed three times. The last time it was the dear position sensor that was changed.

Mine is intermittent so time will tell whether this will fix it. I have gone as long as 12,000 without seeing the problem.

crazy isnt it

M2Wild
03-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Should rename themself to CIGNA .... call in get no answer.

steven888
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I have to say I only have about 3000 mile's on mine and I have not had any real problem's with it. Knock on wood. I revieved the bike in august 08. But a full summer this year will be the test.

bone crusher
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I am a provider for Cigna...I agree with what you are saying...they can be very tough on both customers and doctors!

Should rename themself to CIGNA .... call in get no answer.

aka1004
03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
i have never gotten any replies from email i sent to brp.
i am however working with a senior member of brp customer service rep. to resolve issues with my spyder. i am fed up with dealing with this and pushing for a replacement. I have a se5 and did not have much problem with tranny but had many problems with other issues. only tranny problem i had was just once it would not go into 5th from 4th while i was merging onto a freeway and almost got hit by a big rig because i was expecting to hit 5th gear and go right by him.
spyder creeping forward while at complete stop still comes once in a while but thats probably not a tranny issue.

my latest issue is with steering. i heard something pop couple of times while i was getting the front wheels straight from locked position before but may not be related to this. last sunday i went for 6 hour ryde and while i was maneuvering thru some mountain roads, not too tight, when taking curbs my front wheels started to shake violently than straightens out.
did not happen all the turns and didnt seem to matter how tight or how fast i was going. happened while i was taking hard curbs and slower curbs. at first i thought i was pushing spyder too hard but started happen while i was not taking the curbs so hard. also, should'nt nanny kick in and cut power off engine if i was pushing spyder too hard thru the curb?

i got a little side-tracked:D anywho, i would not expect much replies on your email. call the customer service number and ask for their superior, but some of 1st level customer will not transfer your call to their superior. They will say they will take care of whatever problem you are having with spyder. I did not get transfered over to their superior until like 6th times i called. i have spoken to their marketing director and since he is out of office for few month i am dealing with a upper level customer service rep. and hopely she will take care of this. I have just gotten off phone with her and she said she will call me tomorrow so we shall see.

hondaman
03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I fixed a strange car at work 7 days ago,the big boys called me to stop any other problems they might have now.Thats on top of things!And no its not a brp product.HINT HINT BRP!!!!Thats why I work for the BEST product out there.HINT BRP!

AnthonyG
03-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I have gotten through to customer service once. I have tried repeatedly the last few days and get the recording of higher than normal amount of calls, call again later (imagine that). I am sick of the the responses I get from the dealer that I am working with to get problems addressed. Mostly they say BRP will not pay for anything. I've owned since Oct. 31, 2008, it has been in the shop for 5 weeks of this time with no repairs. I have the issue of the bike going forward quickly with no throttle, and an oil leak. I was told the first time in shop, BRP has no repair for the bike going forward problem. This time oil was coming into air box through crank case vent and coming out on right side. I was told the oil lines would be blown out with air to make sure they were clear and oil would be changed. That was last week. Now they are saying not going to be done because BRP will not pay. They say the oil tank was overfilled at last oil change. We bought a shop manual when bike was purchased. My husband has owned numerous bikes, cars, trucks and an ultra light airplane. I don't think changing the oil in this bike would be too much of a stretch. The oil was changed at the proper interval, 600 miles, it now has 2400 miles on it. If the problem was overfilled tank, wouldn't it stop after the overfill amount was gone? I was told now there is a fix for the going forward problem last week and parts would be ordered to repair. I talked to them yesterday and they can't find any info on any recall for problem. I have been without bike for 3 weeks this time and again no repairs. If I had wanted a bike that stayed in the shop more than on the road and leaked oil, I would have purchased a Harley. I wish now that I had bought a Metric bike and triked it. I intend to find out if there is a lemon law in the state of purchase and any Better Business Bureau help in Canada. BRP knows these machines have serious problems and either don't care or don't know how to fix them. I am almost afraid to ride with all the info about steering going out, gears locking. If any one has information on how to get in contact with the right people, I would appreciate any help I can get. I would not recommend a BRP product to anyone.

Jeff in Dallas
03-04-2009, 08:05 AM
I have emailed them a couple of times and gotten a reply within 2 days. Weird...

aubierules
03-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I have emailed them a couple of times and gotten a reply within 2 days. Weird...

whos your contact, and maybe we can get a response too

aka1004
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
your dealer is THE key for any repair
BRP would not do anything unless your dealer says there is a problem
if your dealer is not willing or not able to get BRP to do something i think its best to take your spyder else where.