PDA

View Full Version : F3T or RT for riding 2 up

rworell
04-26-2016, 08:54 AM
Which is more comfortable. Honestly looks wise the RT looks like the passenger is more cozy and comfortable, but the F3T with a back rest could give the same ride.... correct?
FYI: My wife and I own an RT but we love the looks of the F3T and we do some 2-3 hour rides occasionally.

Looking for your opinions :pray:

Thanks
Rich

rpatsh
04-26-2016, 08:55 AM
I would go test ride the F3. The F3 is a nice ride but much different then the Rt.

Chupaca
04-26-2016, 08:57 AM
but if you only do 2-3 hour tours you are good on either one. You know the RT so a nice test ryde on the F3T will give you and the passenger a better Idea. Have not heard any complaints from those going to the F3 from the RT other than the storage....:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-26-2016, 09:41 AM
You both need to sit on it and ride it.

PrairieSpyder
04-26-2016, 09:44 AM

:agree: Only the passenger can say if it's the same. But you'll have a different driver experience, too.

rworell
04-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Rpatsh, does your passenger find it comfortable for the most part? I noticed you have a passenger backrest.

Agree we need to go and sit on one and also try one out though.

I would go test ride the F3. The F3 is a nice ride but much different then the Rt.

Lin
04-26-2016, 09:52 AM
My wife and I were thinking about the F3T as well. Unfortunately, the foot position for the passenger is not adjustable like the RT and for now, that was a deal killer.
Go try one to know if it works for you and your wife.

Lin

Martin Slovakia
04-26-2016, 09:55 AM
i think the questions is more about, how much luggage space you do need and how comfortable you & your wife want to be.
RT i think will always be more comfy then f3T,,, for you because of front adjustable shield and even more for back seat passenger. (heated grips, arm rest, backrest..) of course you can buy a top end back rest for about 1000 $ for F3 or F3T as well, and its comfy as hell, but you will never have the same feeling as when you are surrounded by luggage area on RT.

if you do only those 2-3 hour trips, i think the F3T is something that will suit you perfectly.. + i have a feeling that RT will be soon replaced by new model based on F3 look, so its worth to get rid of it :) maybe...

here is some article how guy felt driving one.. read from the part What James gerdes said...
http://www.automobilista.eu/brpzone/can-am-spyder-f3-versus-f3-t/

cognaccruiser
04-26-2016, 10:09 AM
My wife and I were thinking about the F3T as well. Unfortunately, the foot position for the passenger is not adjustable like the RT and for now, that was a deal killer.
Go try one to know if it works for you and your wife.

Lin

I agree. We looked at a triple black F3T last Saturday. As beautiful as it is, my wife sat on it and we all immediately noticed that her knees were up quite high and the foot passenger boards were not adjustable. She is only 5' 3" and was not comfortable whether there was a back rest or not.

Gary

ARtraveler
04-26-2016, 10:38 AM
IMO: the F3T is more of a one up touring machine. The passenger accommodations seem to be a bit more 2nd class than those of the RT. We have already heard that the suspension in the rear is a bit lacking.

I have not yet test driven an F3, so its a "IMO" for now.

There are now several beta testers that have come over from RT to the F3. Let's hear from some of them who drive with passengers.

From the standpoint of "looks," I like the F3 a tad better. I do not consider it a "bargain" compared to the RT. It still appears to be "less" for "more" in the money department.

I for one am going to hold off for a couple months to see what the final outcome is. I have a lot of stuff on my plate now, and a new :spyder2: is not one of them.

rpatsh
04-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Rpatsh, does your passenger find it comfortable for the most part? I noticed you have a passenger backrest.

Agree we need to go and sit on one and also try one out though.

I had a passenger on mine when I rode to Sturgis last year and there were no complaints.

dlby
04-27-2016, 07:48 PM
We do a lot of 5-8 hour rides on our rt

But one stop at the goodwill, Grocery store
or even just (the usual)
Full two sets of rain gear, purse, helmets, Hats, gloves, Meds, Gun, water, snacks, the bike is half full b4 we head out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk