PDA

View Full Version : Looking for riders in the NE San Antonio area

3 Wheel Rider
04-25-2016, 11:46 PM
>> San Antonio -- Converse -- Live Oak -- Universal City -- Selma - Schertz -- Cibolo -- New Braunfels

I live in the NE San Antonio area and am looking for Spyder riders (and others) to ride with on the weekend; weather and work/rest schedule permitting.

Joe

Deer Slayer
04-26-2016, 07:51 PM
>> San Antonio -- Converse -- Live Oak -- Universal City -- Selma - Schertz -- Cibolo -- New Braunfels

I live in the NE San Antonio area and am looking for Spyder riders (and others) to ride with on the weekend; weather and work/rest schedule permitting.

Joe
I will be there from North Carolina the second week of may.:yes:

3 Wheel Rider
04-28-2016, 10:23 PM
What dates do you plan to be in San Antonio? Is San Antonio your final destination stop or are you passing through? I am just trying to get an idea if I'd be able to meet you for lunch, dinner or a short ride.

Joe

Deer Slayer
04-29-2016, 07:37 AM
What dates do you plan to be in San Antonio? Is San Antonio your final destination stop or are you passing through? I am just trying to get an idea if I'd be able to meet you for lunch, dinner or a short ride.

Joe
Around Wed 11 May. I will add to this thread as time goes on. I leave NC 2 May first TX stop is Rockwall for a bit, followed by San Antonio, then Houston. Nothing in stone. See ya.:cheers:

Gray Ghost
04-29-2016, 08:57 AM
...first TX stop is Rockwall for a bit, followed by San Antonio, then Houston.

Do yourself a favor and avoid I35 when going from Rockwall to San Antonio. It is a bit longer to go US 67 to US 281 down but the scenery is better and you would avoid the parking lot that I35 can be. Around the Austin area there are some scenic roads that are worth the detour (assuming you have the time). And if you are a beer fan, the brewery in Shiner is a neat side trip between SA and Houston.

Deer Slayer
04-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Do yourself a favor and avoid I35 when going from Rockwall to San Antonio. It is a bit longer to go US 67 to US 281 down but the scenery is better and you would avoid the parking lot that I35 can be. Around the Austin area there are some scenic roads that are worth the detour (assuming you have the time). And if you are a beer fan, the brewery in Shiner is a neat side trip between SA and Houston.
Thanks for the information. See ya.. Bill...

3 Wheel Rider
04-30-2016, 02:07 AM
:agree: Try to avoid I-35 if at all possible. The stretch from Dallas to Waco isn't too bad but once you start heading a little further south everything changes.

Waco to Georgetown = major construction zone
Georgetown to North Austin = mild congestion
North Austin to San Marcos = major congestion
San Marcos to San Antonio = mild to moderate congestion depending on the time of day

If you must travel I-35 than do so only until you hit Georgetown. Once you get to Georgetown, I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to take Toll Road 130 so you can by-pass Austin. The toll road will put you in Buda (just north of San Marcos) in about 45 - 50 minutes at a cost of about $7. If you take the toll road all the way to where it intersects with I-10 on the east side of San Antonio it will take you about 2 hrs at cost of about cost you about $10. If you don't take the toll road or if you simply want the challenge of driving directly through downtown Austin, plan on spending about 1.5 hrs in stop and go traffic to drive a mere 30 miles; more stop than go.

For the visual learners...

I-35 = :gaah:... :banghead:...
Toll Road 130 = :riding:... :yes:

dlsmith
06-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Come to the "Texas Hill Country 2016 4th Annual Spyders in the Hills" Rally Oct. 13-15. (see FB page) We can meet lots of local and far-away Spyder ryders.