PDA

View Full Version : Hand brake

fjray
04-24-2016, 12:08 PM
I just installed and tested the hand brake kit from ISCI. It's a pricey farkle but very well made and will make life easier on my arthritic lower back. I had some issues with bleeding the system and contacted the builder. they were great to deal with and offered to overnight new parts if needed. Finally got it to see things my way and got fluid through the system. The only thing I would caution potential users about is that it's a bit of a reach to the lever so folks with small hands may have trouble reaching .

PW2013STL
04-24-2016, 12:33 PM
I just installed and tested the hand brake kit from ISCI. It's a pricey farkle but very well made and will make life easier on my arthritic lower back. I had some issues with bleeding the system and contacted the builder. they were great to deal with and offered to overnight new parts if needed. Finally got it to see things my way and got fluid through the system. The only thing I would caution potential users about is that it's a bit of a reach to the lever so folks with small hands may have trouble reaching .

I have the same set up and I do have small hands. ISCI does sell a reduced reach lever, but it's pricey at $200 so I did not get it. Since the master cyclinder is from a Harly any aftermarket reduced reach lever for an 08 to present Harley will fit.

fjray
04-24-2016, 12:44 PM
I have the same set up and I do have small hands. ISCI does sell a reduced reach lever, but it's pricey at $200 so I did not get it. Since the master cyclinder is from a Harly any aftermarket reduced reach lever for an 08 to present Harley will fit.

Thanks, good to know. I'll check it out. I wonder with the reduced reach lever if you still get full braking before running out of travel.

cuznjohn
04-24-2016, 12:46 PM
i also have it on my bike, it is all i use and i love it.

PW2013STL
04-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Thanks, good to know. I'll check it out. I wonder with the reduced reach lever if you still get full braking before running out of travel.

I would think so. I don't think they would sell it if you didn't.

Dennis Kirk shows three that might help.
Item # 57-4372 Kuryakyn Boss Blades they state "shortest reach possible and still allow for necessary range of motion"
Item # 57-4341 Kuryakyn Trigger Levers they state "The perfect lever set for riders with smaller hands"
Both are listed at $66.99 a set so you end up with a clutch lever you cannot use, but the price is low.
The third option is a brake only lever that is adjustable.
Item # 57-0289 (chrome) or # 57-0295 (black) they state "Easily adjusts for each individual"
lists for $122.99
Hope this helps!

Omcge
12-21-2016, 08:54 PM
You can buy a left hand Master Cylinder and bracket from Isci if that would help.