PDA

View Full Version : While on my way to SpyderFest

Utah Geezer
04-23-2016, 11:23 PM
While on my way to SpyderFest we made a few side trips. Trailered the Spyder to Maggie Valley last week and spent 4 days touring the area. It was spectacular and the weather cooperated 100% against the weatherman's forecast. Trailering there we hit a blizzard in Flagstaff Az. then high winds and rain the next two days. It was all worth it once we got to Maggie Valley and the sun shined every day. Got in about 1,000 miles of touring. Just arrived in Eureka Springs where I will spend the next 3 days before heading up to Springfield and SpyderFest 2016. Don't really care about the weather. Riding rain or shine. Make the best of whatever we are dealt. This will likely be my one and only SpyderFest and nothing is going to rain on my parade.

While in Maggie Valley we did The Tail of the Dragon, The Rattler up to Hot Springs, Diamondback, Little Switzerland, The Moonshiner, 90 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway and State Rt. 63 off of the Rattler.

Going to do the Pig Trail out of Eureka tomorrow morning. Looks like a 200 mile scenic loop. Not sure what the second day ride will be here in Eureka. Any suggestions???

Ready to spend some money on Farkles at SpyderFest.

Lets Party with a Positive Attitude!!!!

SpyderAnn01
04-24-2016, 12:13 AM
Glad to hear you are having a good trip. Stop by and say hi when you are at Vendor Village.

Chupaca
04-24-2016, 12:57 AM
Outside of the blizzard and rain it sounds like a great trip so far...you've had some awesome rydes hope you keep finding them. Enjoy the fest...:yes::yes: