PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Can Am clubs?

maxummike
04-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Are there any Can Am riding clubs on long island? Second year with mine would like to ride with other folks

GreyCastle
04-25-2016, 03:15 PM
It looks like there are a few people from the island but not in any clubs that I see.
I'm from West Hempstead. I just picked up a Rts. And I'm also looking to get together with some other owners/riders.

Saw this post recently : http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?85913-long-Island-NY-SPYDERS&highlight=long+island

Maybe a facebook page would help gather other riders.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-25-2016, 04:18 PM
i'm still waiting anyone who wants to start one can stop by my store in mineola & we can try to organize one

GreyCastle
04-26-2016, 04:34 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php?groupid=1

Rohaianan
11-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Why don't we set up a date and time to meet? A good central place is the new welcome center on the west bound LIE. We can head west or east from there.

Pirate looks at --
11-03-2016, 01:59 PM
See the Poll posted by ZIP on this forum. There appears to be some interest. I can put you in touch with George Parry who is the President of Spyder Ryders of America and can assist you with the set up of a chapter in your area. Highly recommend this organization!

Rohaianan
11-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Hey Pirate looks at, what advantages are there in joining Spyder Ryders? Can you relay some pros and cons.

Pirate looks at --
11-03-2016, 06:35 PM
There really are no cons. It promotes a great sense of comarderie with in the spyrpder community. You have the benefit of joining a group of people that have a common interest, the Spyder, and of coming together with a group with different experiences. So someone in your group knows of a great ryde that you have never been on and they share the experience as a club ryde. We even get a discount from out local dealer on service, parts and accessories. You make friends you didn't have before as yiu are now joined by that common interest. The nice about SRA is they give you a basic structure and a model to build your chapter around, but they also provide the freedom to individualize your chapter, and I must say we have gained a great deal of respect from BRP, if you have followed my posts.

GreyCastle
05-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Are there any Can Am riding clubs on long island? Second year with mine would like to ride with other folks

Long island can am spyder owners on facebook . trying to organize.