PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Trailer Wheel Bearings

Cruzr Joe
04-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Well we decided to check the wheel grease on my new Freedom Trailer, after removing the dust cover we discovered that they have a clip ring on them and they appear to be sealed ............. we put the dust cover back on and went and fixed ourselves a drink, project finished.

Cruzr Joe

JBonamassa Fan
04-22-2016, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;1120317]Well we decided to check the wheel grease on my new Freedom Trailer, after removing the dust cover we discovered that they have a clip ring on them and they appear to be sealed ............. we put the dust cover back on and went and fixed ourselves a drink, project finished.

Cruzr Joe

That's interesting......makes me wonder if BRP was aware that the bearings used on the RT-622 trailers aren't holding up very well:roflblack: I just replaced the 2nd set of wheel bearings on mine.:banghead:

Cruzr Joe
04-22-2016, 08:11 PM
also just for informational purposes, the hitch is a 1 7/8 and the Wheels are interchangeable with the Rt-622.

Cruzr Joe

cptjam
04-22-2016, 11:31 PM
So, can sealed wheel bearings be fitted to the 622? Does seem odd to grease a wheel bearing in 2016; which I did today. SF prep. Joe

JBonamassa Fan
04-23-2016, 05:39 AM
So, can sealed wheel bearings be fitted to the 622? Does seem odd to grease a wheel bearing in 2016; which I did today. SF prep. Joe
Last night I looked at the Freedom Trailer owners manual, and the spindles and hubs look different from ours on the RT-622 trailers. What's interesting is the RT-622 Manual clearly states not to fill cavity between the 2 sets of bearings by more than 20% with grease! I've been using high temp wheel bearing grease and have still seen heat buildup on spindles, races, and rollers in as little as 4000 miles. I surely wouldn't try going 7000 miles as stated in owners manual between servicing/re-packing! It will be quite interesting to see how the sealed bearings hold up on the Freedom Trailers:dontknow: