PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion ?

Saluda
04-21-2016, 08:53 PM
We have a dealer we have been going to for many years. We trust him and never have had an issue. Lately he has started sending everything he used for your service back to you (he always returned old parts). This includes empty oil or stabilizer containers etc.
I'm going to ask him to keep it since I don't feel the need to haul it home and dispose of it. How do you feel ?

Copperman
04-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Maybe he's trying to cut costs by not having to dispose of all the pieces and parts for every bike he works on. If everyone takes their own parts home and gets rid of it it won't cost him. Otherwise he may have to raise his rates.

Just a thought.

gkamer
04-21-2016, 09:08 PM
We have a dealer we have been going to for many years. We trust him and never have had an issue. Lately he has started sending everything he used for your service back to you (he always returned old parts). This includes empty oil or stabilizer containers etc.
I'm going to ask him to keep it since I don't feel the need to haul it home and dispose of it. How do you feel ?

If he's selling the old parts back, simply refuse to pay. He can get rids of the stuff himself.

Motorcycledave
04-21-2016, 09:08 PM
In california for over 30 years all repair & service facilities
are required to return ALL your old used parts to you,
if you don't want them just tell them to toss them for you

pitzerwm
04-22-2016, 01:48 AM
Returning the parts is one thing, a bunch of cardboard is something else. I want to see the parts to see if they were actually bad etc. Tell him to keep the cardboard.

RotaxDuramax
04-22-2016, 02:15 AM
Ok, why don't you ask this dealer as to why they do that?
I see nothing wrong with it, and actually prefer that.
I guess he had a complaint before about cheating a customer or charging for something he didn't use or service/part not done.

SpyderTwyn
04-22-2016, 02:26 AM
Ok, why don't you ask this dealer as to why they do that?
I see nothing wrong with it, and actually prefer that.
I guess he had a complaint before about cheating a customer or charging for something he didn't use or service/part not done.

Im thinking this. Maybe he's just trying to demonstrate that he did everything you paid for.

PistonBlown
04-22-2016, 03:52 AM
I think you've hit the nail on the head. A mate who's a mechanic was moaning about people doing exactly that the other day - he was saying it was mainly the young lads who did it along with comments like "Like my cus bro said he could have done that in half the time".

Saluda
04-22-2016, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=RotaxDuramax;1119979]Ok, why don't you ask this dealer as to why they do that?

I am going to do that, only curious as to others opinions.

Bob Denman
04-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Leave it all in his parking lot; he'll get the message... nojoke

robertl
04-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Leave it all in his parking lot; he'll get the message... nojoke

Because that is the mature thing to do instead of just asking the reason?

C. Lee
04-22-2016, 07:04 AM
There may be 2 reasons for this in my opinion. First, he's an honest man and wants you to know why he replaced the parts and what has been used on your machine. Second, i guess there may be a cost savings for his business. Although I think that may be minimal. Any metal parts could be resold to a scrap dealer for a little extra profit, that's what I do in my business. Chris

Bob Denman
04-22-2016, 07:59 AM
Because that is the mature thing to do instead of just asking the reason?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128507&stc=1

Tango
04-22-2016, 08:05 AM
He's saving money. Most of the parts being returned are considered hazardous materials. It cost more to get rid of it. Even "speedy dry", a staple of all shops is now considered hazardous. Business owners all over are being hit up for crazy fees. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Dan McNally
04-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Everyone seems to be assuming the worst regarding this dealer -

Regarding the "saving money" argument about hazardous waste disposal, if he has to pay to dispose of that stuff, so do you, because most places add a "hazardous waster disposal fee" to the bill.

So there are a couple very valid reasons he might be doing this - one, because, perhaps, he has been accused of not using the specified oil or other product, or he is trying to reduce costs - yours and his.

Simplest solution is to ask him why.

Bobleach45
04-22-2016, 08:35 AM
He sounds like a good dealer the way you describe him but maybe someone questioned if everything was done and he wants to make sure that people don't question his honesty. My guess. Is that if you ask him he will respect you and tell you what the story is and he'll probably tell you to just leave everything and they'll take care of it.

Let us know what he says.

Saluda
04-22-2016, 10:28 AM
I did call, he said it was due to people "questioning" work. Told him I appreciated it but did not require empty oil containers and that if I can't trust him by now (which I do) then something is wrong (which it's not).

Bob Denman
04-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Thanks for letting us know... :thumbup:

Chupaca
04-22-2016, 10:41 AM
If your bill has a hazardous waste disposal fee on it and he gives you all the waste...your getting took.. here they charge you for the waste but if they give you back parts it is only major parts not trash they should dispose of that.:thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Thanks for posting the reason to the mystery. Empty oil cans are a bit much. :roflblack::roflblack: