PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Newbie question

vdoman
04-21-2016, 08:18 PM
I will NOT ask a thousand questions that every new owner has on these Spyders but I have to ask this one. Just got my 2016 F3 LTD SS Tuesday, its now Thursday. I have read so much about LIMP MODE that I am now paranoid!! After refueling for the first time, when I tried to restart the bike, the engine light was blinking and LIMP MODE flashed on the dash. I shut down the bike, waited 15 seconds and restarted without any issues, No limp mode, no issues showing on cluster. So my question is, is this limp mode going to appear now and then for no reason, just to scare the pants off me, or does it indeed mean there is fact is a problem somewhere??:lecturef_smilie:

JIM W
04-21-2016, 08:27 PM
I would contact your dealer that's not normal:dontknow:

ARtraveler
04-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Recommend to take one step at a time.

Refueling seems to be one of the places where these types of incidents happen--mine was a E (error code) on the shifter. I attribute it to not giving the :ani29: enough time to boot up properly. Note: If you refuel in less than 5 minutes or so--the system does not call for a reboot. If this is not your case, give the :spyder2: its time to boot up and don't rush anything.

Other times, an orange screen with some type of warning will pop up. The newness of your :ani29: may be the reason for the glitch.

Did you ride the brake? That will heat things up and give you a limp mode every time.

If the situation does not persist, its the :spyder2: showing you who is in charge. If it does persist, call up the codes and take it back to your dealer for a fix.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Check out my signature, I have only had one limp mode--and I was the cause-- riding the brake. 5 Spyders and 130,000 miles.

Mike Ard
04-21-2016, 08:33 PM
I will NOT ask a thousand questions that every new owner has on these Spyders but I have to ask this one. Just got my 2016 F3 LTD SS Tuesday, its now Thursday. I have read so much about LIMP MODE that I am now paranoid!! After refueling for the first time, when I tried to restart the bike, the engine light was blinking and LIMP MODE flashed on the dash. I shut down the bike, waited 15 seconds and restarted without any issues, No limp mode, no issues showing on cluster. So my question is, is this limp mode going to appear now and then for no reason, just to scare the pants off me, or does it indeed mean there is fact is a problem somewhere??:lecturef_smilie:

My F3 SE6 has never gone into limp home mode. I would probably talk to the dealer and see if there were any codes thrown. Most likely something simple possibly a sensor issue during production or dealer set up.

SpyD59
04-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Agree that you should have it checked by your dealer. Our F3 has not "limped" at all in the first 5000 miles. Hope it is something simple and gets fixed quickly so you can enjoy the RYDE:ohyea:!