PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed chrome parts on their non-black F3? Any pics?

griffontamer
04-20-2016, 10:39 PM
Hi all,

My husband has this gorgeous black and chrome F3S and he really dislikes the chrome bits. He could plasti-dip them of course, but he keeps asking me if I'd trade my black pieces for his chrome ones (mine is the white/black/orange one in my signature pic).

Has anyone done this? How does it look? Pics would be great, especially if it's the same color as mine! I don't mind chrome but I think it might look a bit like a clown bike. But then again, it might look really nice...

Bfromla
04-21-2016, 01:28 AM
Just a fyi
Sounds like he has an idea stuck in his head, & wont be satisfied till he sees it that way. Hope im wrong but, fact he's asking hints that way. Lol

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Chupaca
04-21-2016, 10:16 AM
What do you want....Tell him to plasti-dip them and see if he likes it cause that is reversable. If not he can try to swap on this site. Have seen it done a few time . You may not find any pictures of this... :dontknow:

llyrad
04-21-2016, 11:31 AM
I highly recommend Plasti-Dipping the parts. Its easy and inexpensive, it protects the surface of the parts dipped and you can remove it later if you change your mind. I've got 2 small parts left to dip and there will be no shiny chrome / grey surfaces left, I even did the wheels.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128477&stc=1

Ron2andia
04-24-2016, 04:14 PM
Hopefully you'll find someone with chrome here he can trade with... Chrome is awesome when done right!