PDA

View Full Version : Dang Windshield Rattle

DJFaninTN
04-20-2016, 08:11 PM
had a rattle/squeek in my windshield last fall. took it to the dealer and they replaced the bushings. everything was fine ... until today. now the dang rattle/squeek is back. only happens on rough roads when you get the side to side motion. hitting a bump straight on you barely hear it.

frustrating :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead:

ThreeWheels
04-20-2016, 08:22 PM
You need to get one of Noboot's aluminum billet windshield arms.
I'm not sure it will eliminate your rattle, but with the windshield rattling around that much, the center arm will surely break.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

noboot
04-20-2016, 09:05 PM
had a rattle/squeek in my windshield last fall. took it to the dealer and they replaced the bushings. everything was fine ... until today. now the dang rattle/squeek is back. only happens on rough roads when you get the side to side motion. hitting a bump straight on you barely hear it.

frustrating :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead:

You would have to make sure the Dealer replaced the Bushings in all three arms for it to do any good.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-20-2016, 09:27 PM

I have a set of HOLE cutters, and I cut some washers from very thin plastic like KOOL WHIP lids or Margarine ...the stuff is strong and very slippery......I put one on each end of the Arms and supports .....it was just enough to stop the play at the ends........Mike :bbq: