PDA

View Full Version : Pulling a Unigo trailer with the Spyder

DanT
04-20-2016, 07:52 PM
I have a Unigo from my GoldWing days and I was wondering how it woulld pull behind the Spyder seeing how the Unigo has a universal joint as part of the hitch assembly. Has anyone tried pulling a Unigo with the Spyder? How did it go? Would you take it cross country with you?

Would I be better off selling the Unigo and buying a two wheel trailer? I'm thinking it would be easier to manuver including backing up.

jaherbst
04-20-2016, 08:56 PM
I have a Unigo from my GoldWing days and I was wondering how it woulld pull behind the Spyder seeing how the Unigo has a universal joint as part of the hitch assembly. Has anyone tried pulling a Unigo with the Spyder? How did it go? Would you take it cross country with you?

Would I be better off selling the Unigo and buying a two wheel trailer? I'm thinking it would be easier to manuver including backing up.

It would work fine. Great little trailer!

Jack

pitzerwm
04-20-2016, 11:34 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128455&stc=1Don't know why it wouldn't work, but boy does that look small.

Bfromla
04-21-2016, 12:53 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128455&stc=1Don't know why it wouldn't work, but boy does that look small.

Does it ever. Well organized & all vacuum packing only Wow. Handy that you have one but not something i wild consider if i was shopping

PrairieSpyder
04-21-2016, 07:34 AM
Don't those come with a swivel hitch? Would you have to replace it to use with a Spyder?

Though it's small, you'd only have to maintain one tire.

C. Lee
04-21-2016, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=pitzerwm;1119470]http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128455&stc=1Don't know why it wouldn't work, but boy does that look small.

That's what she said!

DanT
04-22-2016, 05:08 PM
It does have a swivel hitch also known as a universal joint that works in vertical and horizontal plane. I was thinking the trailer has a short tongue and backing it up would be challenge.
the trailer is nice because it holds two good size bags and can roll right though the doors of motel rooms. Makes unpacking easy and securing the trailer at night is a no brainer.

i will need to fabricate a plate to hook up to the toe bar.

bmwlarry
04-23-2016, 08:31 AM
I towed one behind my BMW K1200 for years and loved it. My 1200 had reverse and yes, backing it up took a bunch of practice. I soon learned that if I managed to get it in the wrong place, I just got off the bike, lifted it into the right spot!!

pegasus1300
04-23-2016, 08:02 PM
It does have a swivel hitch also known as a universal joint that works in vertical and horizontal plane. I was thinking the trailer has a short tongue and backing it up would be challenge.
the trailer is nice because it holds two good size bags and can roll right though the doors of motel rooms. Makes unpacking easy and securing the trailer at night is a no brainer.

i will need to fabricate a plate to hook up to the toe bar.

I was wondering why, other then the fact you already own it, you would want to bother with this trailer. I didn't think about it being small enough to get thru a motel door. Great idea esp if you are on the ground floor.

DanT
06-02-2016, 06:52 PM
The Unigo actually holds quite a bit. Can easily pack a weeks worth of cloths or pack everything you may need for a weekend camping trip, well, packing light anyway. :)

I'm now in the process of installing the BRP hitch kit and I have an adapter piece to match up with the Unigo hitch receiver. I don't see why it wouldn't work either.

I'll let you all know how it going once it done. Parking
to practice time in about a week.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-02-2016, 11:32 PM
From the top, it looks bigger than from the side. And yes, that's also what She said.

gene0108
06-03-2016, 10:25 PM
We ride with someone who pulls one behind his F3L. It looks great. He painted it to match his triple black.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk