PDA

View Full Version : LED replacement bulbs for Rear & Signals

llyrad
04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
I am wanting to change out the bulbs for the rear brake light and the signals on the front of my F3, but I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out what the bulb types are to look for LED replacements (probably from China - had good luck with them when I did this on my old RT).

Also, I was reading some other threads on here and people had said there could be issues with the 'nanny' by changing out the Halogen to LED? I doubt this personally as I've already changed out the headlamps for LED, but would appreciate any feedback.

Bfromla
04-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Almost standard Brake/tail bulb is 1157 fyi is on my ST anyway:thumbup:. Not sure on blinker:p

jcthorne
04-20-2016, 01:58 PM
The F3 uses a dual filament running/stop lamp. Same lamp is also the turn signal. I think they are 3057 or 3157 but it was a year ago that I replaced mine.

You will have problems with the fast blinking once you install them.

llyrad
04-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks!

Machinegunner
04-22-2016, 09:56 AM
I had the fast blinking problem after I changed burned out tail light bulb with 1157. Replaced it with BRP bulb and it worked correctly again. The amp draw is too high with the 1157 for the nanny to handle. NAPA does carry the correct replacement bulb.

BLUEZL600EFI
04-22-2016, 11:36 AM
The F3 uses a dual filament running/stop lamp. Same lamp is also the turn signal. I think they are 3057 or 3157 but it was a year ago that I replaced mine.

You will have problems with the fast blinking once you install them.

I don't have personal experience with these but I have used their resistors in my truck to stop the fast blinking....

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/g215-eb-universal-motorcyclescooter-electronic-flasher/788/843/

boomerkc
04-22-2016, 02:27 PM
If you end up with the rapid blinking, go to Lamonster's page. He has a video on how to reset the computer so they will blink normal.

cyberbern
04-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Well, I guess the title tells the story. Can I replace my regular stop/brake light bulbs with LED 1157 bulbs without any problems? Has anyone done that?
This is a 2013 ST-Limited.

Thanx​

jcthorne
04-25-2016, 04:18 PM
If you end up with the rapid blinking, go to Lamonster's page. He has a video on how to reset the computer so they will blink normal.

It does not work as well on the F3 for the stop / turn bulbs. You can correct the fast flash for turn signals but not for turn while brake lite is on. There are two different currents involved and the reset procedure only works for one of them. There is no reset procedure for the other. You may have fast flash in one or the other if you change to LED stop/turn lamps. The F3 is the only model that uses the same lamp for stop and turn.

Bruce B
04-25-2016, 04:40 PM
This works no need to use resistors.

Should your blinkers go into Hyper-flash, you can try the following procedure to fix this.
1. Turn the bike on.
2. Hold down the hazard light switch on for 30-45 seconds.
3. Turn the hazards off and put the right signal on and turn the bike off right after the first blink on the blinker.
4. Repeat the same process for the left side.

Bruce

jcthorne
04-26-2016, 12:36 PM
This works no need to use resistors.

Should your blinkers go into Hyper-flash, you can try the following procedure to fix this.
1. Turn the bike on.
2. Hold down the hazard light switch on for 30-45 seconds.
3. Turn the hazards off and put the right signal on and turn the bike off right after the first blink on the blinker.
4. Repeat the same process for the left side.

Bruce

As I said above. That does indeed correct the fast flash for the blinker. But on the F3 which is what we are discussing in this thread, the fast flash comes right back when the blinker is on while your foot is on the brake. There is no reset procedure on an F3 that will correct fast flash for both conditions.

Bruce B
04-26-2016, 03:45 PM
As I said above. That does indeed correct the fast flash for the blinker. But on the F3 which is what we are discussing in this thread, the fast flash comes right back when the blinker is on while your foot is on the brake. There is no reset procedure on an F3 that will correct fast flash for both conditions.

I know we are discussing the F3 I can read not like some on here and it DOES work as I have a F3 with LED blinkers on the back that work properly.

Tazzel
04-26-2016, 05:10 PM
I only replaced my headlights with true white LED's. I did not have any issues with nanny for that. Have not replaced any of the rear lights with LED's.