PDA

View Full Version : headlight console removal

steven888
02-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Anyone know how to take apart the head lights/console apart? I want to paint it.

bjt
03-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Remove windshield, remove dash display, remove turn signals, look closely at the seam between the two pieces. There will be some small holes in the seam where you push a small screwdriver to release some latches. Work your way around while maintaining separation between the two pieces and the top will pop off. Thats as far as I've gone so I can't say how to get the bottom half off. Shouldn't be too hard from that point.

steven888
03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Thank's for the info. I will give it a go today even though were gonna get 8 to 12 inches of the white stuff.

steven888
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I removed the console. Since the whole spyder is apart like lomonster's. Getting paint/chrome/other mod's. I tried to pop off the top part of the console but noticed I was damaging around the slot.I then removed the trunk and the whole console in one piece. Now I wonder if I can paint the whole console rather than take it apart to paint it. Will not be putting the goofy mirror's back on.

sabunim5
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I will be interested in seeing your replacement(s) for the "goofy mirrors" :thumbup:

steven888
03-02-2009, 05:05 PM
A friend has already located some flush mounted indicator's for me. Say's they are 3"inch long x 2 inch wide x 1 inch high. With froted like len's and amber bulbs. Also I am checking a few different mirror"s that will be much smaller and much cleaner lookin. Can"t wait till I have all this work on my spyder done. So many mod's and changes. Should be done by may. Just in time for the great weather. Will Post many pic"s. Right now all I have to show is a terminator looking spyder.