PDA

View Full Version : A must have

Bobleach45
04-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Have read a lot of posts about what to take on longer rides and have seen everything from clothes, certain tools, cleaning supplies, etc.

No one has mentioned (unless I missed it) a small First Aid Kit with one important upgrade. I always have one on the bike that I kept when I traded a Lexus in that came in the trunk. The UPGRADE I carry is Benadryl capsules. When you ride a lot of back roads you often don't have cell service. If someone gets hit by a bee or bug that stings or bites someone and you are in a no cell reception area and someone has a reaction you can give them 2 of the Benadryl capsules to hep them while someone in the group or in a car you flag down can get to a reception area and call 911. The capsules get in the system faster.

i check my kit in April every year to make sure of dates on Benadryl or other items and also things like bandaids and other ahesives to make sure the heat hasn't nullified anything.

Just some food for thought that might save you or a fellow rider.

ARtraveler
04-18-2016, 11:27 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

bronzeflex42
04-18-2016, 12:16 PM
:agree: :ohyea::ohyea:

Showie
04-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Have read a lot of posts about what to take on longer rides and have seen everything from clothes, certain tools, cleaning supplies, etc.

No one has mentioned (unless I missed it) a small First Aid Kit with one important upgrade. I always have one on the bike that I kept when I traded a Lexus in that came in the trunk. The UPGRADE I carry is Benadryl capsules. When you ride a lot of back roads you often don't have cell service. If someone gets hit by a bee or bug that stings or bites someone and you are in a no cell reception area and someone has a reaction you can give them 2 of the Benadryl capsules to hep them while someone in the group or in a car you flag down can get to a reception area and call 911. The capsules get in the system faster.

i check my kit in April every year to make sure of dates on Benadryl or other items and also things like bandaids and other ahesives to make sure the heat hasn't nullified anything.

Just some food for thought that might save you or a fellow rider.

I too carry a small 1st aid kit but had not thought of Benadryl Caps. Do carry cream. Yellowjackets are already bad here. :yikes:

Bfromla
04-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks & all but if others react like i do Benadryl [emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji39].

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

PrairieSpyder
04-18-2016, 01:32 PM
I carry a hiker's first aid kit, but may add the benedryl.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-18-2016, 02:21 PM
i have band aids, paper towels & duct tape. with all that i can reset a broken leg.