PDA

View Full Version : Rear Tire on RT-S

dolittlejones
04-16-2016, 07:43 AM
This is not a tire question so don't everyone get their shorts in a knot, Does anyone know of a shop in Indiana or western Ohio that will mount a car tire on a Spyder ? Thanks for any help

Bob Denman
04-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Have you checked with your dealership yet? :dontknow:

dolittlejones
04-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Yes Bob I have and they won't

Bob Denman
04-16-2016, 07:51 AM
:D You hadn't mentioned this, so I had to ask... :D
Personally; I'm nervous about letting anyone but a dealership tackle the back-end of a Spyder...
Are there any other dealerships within a reasonable riding distance? It might be worth checking with them, before hitting the "outside sources"... :shocked:

dolittlejones
04-16-2016, 08:12 AM
I agree with you, though maybe someone knew of a dealership that would ,only 2 shops within 100 miles of me and they will not , in fact my dealership has no tires in stock but thinks they might get a couple in soon..glad I still have a few miles left on the old one

pegasus1300
04-16-2016, 08:43 AM
There is a very good video on here about removing the rear tire yourself. After doing that I would go to a car tire shop and have them swap your tires. That is what I did. Idon't think there is a dealer who will do that swap. Oh I took my drive pulley off and disk but they are easy to do.

Chupaca
04-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Way back when....We were not allowed to mount used tires no matter how good they were. Now if the customer took to wheel we removed and brought it back to be installed we were fine with that. Ask your shop to remove the wheel take it to a car shop and have them mount the tire bring it back to the dealer and have them re install it. They can call it a bearing check and belt adjustment ....:dontknow:

Deanna777
04-16-2016, 10:21 AM
I had a Can-Am dealership (in Vermont) install a rear tire for me, but I signed a wavier, and I had the tire there. Sorry I can help you the states you mentioned.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6. Good Luck!

Deanna

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Check for a motorcycle tire store or any of the other brand of motorcycle dealers.