PDA

View Full Version : Trailer odometer

Bfromla
04-15-2016, 03:20 AM
Trailer odometer :dontknow: I've found hubodometer for larger trailers but no luck for small ones:banghead:
Any DIY wanna find a way?:bowdown::bowdown::firstplace:
I was considering using a wireless bicycle computer that could stay mounted to the trailer (whatever trailer) if the tire size would work with the calculations :lecturef_smilie:

THANKS in advance:ohyea:

PMK
04-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Go even simpler, use a wired bicycle computer. Cateye Enduros have been pretty solid performers for us with simple battery replacements every now and then.

Your greatest challenge will be the mounting of the magnet and pickup to be close enough to each other to trigger the unit and count. We also have wireless bicycle computers, but I find they are more sensitive to battery condition.

Chupaca
04-15-2016, 09:22 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128092&stc=1strap one of these on....:roflblack::roflblack:...but really, I had a small magnetic unit I attached to the car and it tracked my eveymove. Where I went how long I was there the distance I traveled etc. used it for the business I had to keep track of my mileage and time....:dontknow:

ARtraveler
04-15-2016, 01:45 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

nslowmotion
04-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Try durahubdometer.com they have a universal fit meter that i think will work pretty good for you.:firstplace:

cptjam
04-15-2016, 08:27 PM
Each time you hook up, record starting mileage. When you remove, record end mileage. When in doubt, grease the wheel bearings!

SpyderAnn01
04-15-2016, 09:47 PM
Each time you hook up, record starting mileage. When you remove, record end mileage. When in doubt, grease the wheel bearings!

Hey, that's what I do. I have a sheet taped to the inside of the lid and I record my Spyder mileage for the trip.