PDA

View Full Version : BRP F3 Auxillary Light (driving/fog) Bulb Replacement

GatorMan
04-13-2016, 10:35 PM
I can't seem to locate a manual for the lights other than the installation instructions. If replacing the factory bulbs with TricLED units, has anyone done it without removing the light fixture from the Spyder? If you want to remove the fixture, can it be done without taking out the three screw mount with the twist-locks by removing the two side bolts into the housing or does the whole thing have to come out?

Replaced the headlights with LEDs; haven't had a chance to drive with them yet, but the white look with the LED DRL units from Wiredux is a big improvement.

Thanks for your help

:)

jcthorne
04-14-2016, 06:59 AM
You do not need to remove the lamp housing to change the bulb. It comes out the rear of the lamp by removing the retaining clip on the back of the lamp.

Hitman5363
04-14-2016, 07:53 AM
I can't seem to locate a manual for the lights other than the installation instructions. If replacing the factory bulbs with TricLED units, has anyone done it without removing the light fixture from the Spyder? If you want to remove the fixture, can it be done without taking out the three screw mount with the twist-locks by removing the two side bolts into the housing or does the whole thing have to come out?

Replaced the headlights with LEDs; haven't had a chance to drive with them yet, but the white look with the LED DRL units from Wiredux is a big improvement.

Thanks for your help

:)

I replaced my OEM bulbs with TricLed's. And no, you do not remove the three factory bolts. If I did not have the OEM Fog lights I would have gone with installing Lamonster Garages LED Fog Lights as they are easy to install and are plug and play. The ones from TricLed are a little squirrely to install with the wire that wraps around the plastic insert and are not as tight as I would like and your OEM rubber boot will lay loose as it is not used again.....I did however zip ti it up so it doesn't bounce around. They are very bright.