PDA

View Full Version : Portable air compressor!

lou49
04-13-2016, 05:07 PM
Thank you all who responded to the thread is posted few weeks ago on the air compressor!
Your thoughts and recommendations were very welcome!
Last week I went to auto zone and found a slime, very compact and we'll made compressor for $19 bucks, so I bought it!

Two days later I went to Home Depot and found a Husky on sale for $29! So, I bought it also!
Yesterday was testime n compare the two.
The slime took 10 minutes to add 18 pounds of air into my truck tire!
The Husky took only 3 minutes! The slime is nice n compact, also has a very nice way of tucking away the hose n the cord! It bounces a lot while running n I got hot!
The Husky although not as compact was somewhat quieter, stayed put while running, didn't get hot at all, has a clamp on valve and a much longer cord!
The slime seems to struggle after 6 minutes of running time!

Since I have a lot of room on my rt, I'm going to keep the Husky! Once again! Thank you all!
Only have a model # on the Husky, sorry! Model # hd12a
Sorry about the sideways pictures!

Cruzr Joe
04-13-2016, 05:09 PM
Thank you all who responded to the thread is posted few weeks ago on the air compressor!
Your thoughts and recommendations were very welcome!
Last week I went to auto zone and found a slime, very compact and we'll made compressor for $19 bucks, so I bought it!

Two days later I went to Home Depot and found a Husky on sale for $29! So, I bought it also!
Yesterday was testime n compare the two.
The slime took 10 minutes to add 18 pounds of air into my truck tire!
The Husky took only 3 minutes! The slime is nice n compact, also has a very nice way of tucking away the hose n the cord! It bounces a lot while running n I got hot!
The Husky although not as compact was somewhat quieter, stayed put while running, didn't get hot at all, has a clamp on valve and a much longer cord!
The slime seems to struggle after 6 minutes of running time!

Since I have a lot of room on my rt, I'm going to keep the Husky! Once again! Thank you all!
Only have a model # on the Husky, sorry! Model # hd12a
Sorry about the sideways pictures!

Thanks for the update.

Cruzr joe