PDA

View Full Version : Special Request

SpyderSteveFL
04-13-2016, 02:32 PM
I am going to ask this with all due respect to everybody...

I really enjoy participating on these forums and lots of posts are a good thing, but...

I come here to try to read as many posts as possible in as short a time as possible, as I have less and less time to devote.

So... I respectfully ask for all posters to please be careful what forum you post things in, and I am especially asking about Non Spyder related topics in the General Discussion board. I realize and appreciate we are not perfect (and I am far from it myself), but I am seeing more and more topic threads in General Discussion that have nothing to do with our Spyders. There seems to be a thriving Off Topic forum for just these things.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, and I'm not saying don't post weird miscellaneous stuff, heck, I read some of that too when I can, but lets try to keep the forums close to on topic as possible. I am not a moderator so I just thought I'd just try to nicely throw this out there...

Thanks for listening!

Michaelscs
04-13-2016, 02:38 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-13-2016, 02:49 PM
HOW ABOUT ALL THE FOLKS WHO RE-POST SOMEONE'S 10 HUGH PICS ....JUST TO SAY ......NICE PICS........................THEN SOMEONE ELSE DOES THE EXACT SAME THING IN THE NEXT POST...................ANNNNNNNNNNND HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW MANY FOLKS HERE HAVE THEIR FAVORITE PIC ON EVERY POST THEY DO....ANNNNNND IT'S 8 INCHES x 8 INCHES ......SOME THREADS NOW TAKE ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO GET THROUGH. THIS PLACE IS GETTING SO FLAWED I'm SURPRISED IT HASN'T BEEN RE-TIRED :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:........Mike :bbq:

Cruzr Joe
04-13-2016, 03:29 PM
I personally have no problems with the posts on this board, this is one of the more friendly active boards around and i have learned how to pick through the ones i want to read and those I don't.

Don't forget that you can always put someone on ignore.

Now lets get on with important stuff that really matters to all of us, how can we help our wounded vets?

Cruzr Joe

PS if this sounded sarcastic .............................. get a life other than one on a chat board.

PMK
04-13-2016, 03:30 PM
I am going to ask this with all due respect to everybody...

I really enjoy participating on these forums and lots of posts are a good thing, but...

I come here to try to read as many posts as possible in as short a time as possible, as I have less and less time to devote.

So... I respectfully ask for all posters to please be careful what forum you post things in, and I am especially asking about Non Spyder related topics in the General Discussion board. I realize and appreciate we are not perfect (and I am far from it myself), but I am seeing more and more topic threads in General Discussion that have nothing to do with our Spyders. There seems to be a thriving Off Topic forum for just these things.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, and I'm not saying don't post weird miscellaneous stuff, heck, I read some of that too when I can, but lets try to keep the forums close to on topic as possible. I am not a moderator so I just thought I'd just try to nicely throw this out there...

Thanks for listening!

Steve, this may help. I have added those people I have no desire to read posts from added to my ignore list. That streamlines topics I am reading. More importantly, I use the Whats New button towards the top of the forums, this opens all forums to what has happened since a list visit and a bit more. Seeing this, I scroll the topics of interest and disregard all others.

Going even further, say you see a topic of interest about something cool. Look to the left and ensure you are reading about your RT and not an F3, RS or something not applicable.

This works for me and frees up a bunch of time.

ARtraveler
04-13-2016, 03:52 PM
If one does not choose to read about non-spyder subjects, just don't read them. IMO, if everything on the board were just :spyder2: related, I think this would be a very boring place.

How much oil, tires, shift rpm's, brake fluid, transmission shifting, complaints about poor service, do we want to read?

A break from some of the above is welcomed by many of us. I formerly used to answer most posts, but find that lately its getting hard to even reach my daily average (10.59 currently).

I personally don't have anyone on ignore, and even the ones I get a red flag on, sometimes surprise me. I have not met anyone that I would truly say I don't like on here. We all have our good days and not so good days. :yes:

SpyderSteveFL
04-13-2016, 04:30 PM
And as I feared would happen, from too much experience using and moderating all kinds of forums over many years, the message was missed.

I appreciate at least the helpful hints suggested that I already know about but the point was missed.

I never said don't post stuff, or people weren't friendly, etc. I simply asked to respect the design and intent of the various forums on this board.

Plenty of people suggest to sell an item place it in the 4 Sale forum where it belongs. I was simply asking to post Off topic, not Spyder related topics in the Off topic forum. When a designer sets up a board like this with various forums it to make it easy for the users to find stuff quickly or focus on only specific topics of interest. When this board was designed there was an Off Topic forum setup specifically for all the miscellaneous jokes, etc, etc etc.

The Spyder General Discussion forums specifically says "Can Am Spyder Forum. Talk about all things Can Am Spyder related."

All I was asking is for people to be careful where they place their posts so we don't have to wade through posts of no interest. Yes, I know how to pick through what I want to read, etc. but the point is on a board that is highly categorized like this one, except for an occasional ooops there shouldn't be 'clutter' to have to wade through.

And it takes more time to read new posts and have to check the category, etc. And you can't always tell something is going to be off topic by the title without opening and reading at least the first post. And I don't intend to ignore anyone because I believe all people, even if sometimes annoying, or coming across poorly have something to offer.

Yes, I like and enjoy this board, the people and everything, just was asking to keep dedicated forums on topic so when I want to read general things that are spyder related I don't have to bump into dead crows, ethan couch or bacon burgers. Just like I wouldn't expect to see detailing tips in the 4 sale forum. Yes, all perfectly fine posts, just wrong forums.

Sorry if it seems picky, but I'm just trying to get the most out of the way the board was designed as quickly as possibly. I am not retired and work full time as well as volunteer over 500 hours a year so even the 10 minutes a day reading through things in the wrong area adds up for me. I'll go away now...

NorCalBud
04-13-2016, 04:37 PM
I do tend to agree with the OP and Spyder General Discussion does state "Talk about all things Can Am Spyder related".... IMHO there should be some latitude. Motorcycle topics and Ryding dialogue along with the occasional digression, not just Spyders, makes this a living, breathing forum. I really enjoy this site and I think Lamont has guided it along very nicely indeed. If it gets outta hand...I'm sure we'll hear about it.

P.S. I know I'm guilty of non-spyder talk here too. I apologize.

PMK
04-13-2016, 05:01 PM
And as I feared would happen, from too much experience using and moderating all kinds of forums over many years, the message was missed.

I appreciate at least the helpful hints suggested that I already know about but the point was missed.

I never said don't post stuff, or people weren't friendly, etc. I simply asked to respect the design and intent of the various forums on this board.

Plenty of people suggest to sell an item place it in the 4 Sale forum where it belongs. I was simply asking to post Off topic, not Spyder related topics in the Off topic forum. When a designer sets up a board like this with various forums it to make it easy for the users to find stuff quickly or focus on only specific topics of interest. When this board was designed there was an Off Topic forum setup specifically for all the miscellaneous jokes, etc, etc etc.

The Spyder General Discussion forums specifically says "Can Am Spyder Forum. Talk about all things Can Am Spyder related."

All I was asking is for people to be careful where they place their posts so we don't have to wade through posts of no interest. Yes, I know how to pick through what I want to read, etc. but the point is on a board that is highly categorized like this one, except for an occasional ooops there shouldn't be 'clutter' to have to wade through.

And it takes more time to read new posts and have to check the category, etc. And you can't always tell something is going to be off topic by the title without opening and reading at least the first post. And I don't intend to ignore anyone because I believe all people, even if sometimes annoying, or coming across poorly have something to offer.

Yes, I like and enjoy this board, the people and everything, just was asking to keep dedicated forums on topic so when I want to read general things that are spyder related I don't have to bump into dead crows, ethan couch or bacon burgers. Just like I wouldn't expect to see detailing tips in the 4 sale forum. Yes, all perfectly fine posts, just wrong forums.

Sorry if it seems picky, but I'm just trying to get the most out of the way the board was designed as quickly as possibly. I am not retired and work full time as well as volunteer over 500 hours a year so even the 10 minutes a day reading through things in the wrong area adds up for me. I'll go away now...

Not picky really. I understand better now what you are asking. Noble request, a mistake I know I have made before and try to correct if needed. I offered the idea or tips sensing you were frustrated, and it may help others.

Cruzr Joe
04-13-2016, 05:07 PM

Don't go away, we can disagree and still be friendly.

Cruzr joe

jaherbst
04-13-2016, 06:00 PM
I like this forum (and many others) just the way it is. Hell, if we stuck strictly to everybody's tire, oil, nanny, electrical etc. problems, most of us would not be on here. Lighten up and don't try to fix something for all of us that "ain't broke".

We have almost 20,000 members and over one million posts because this is not a "lineal" forum focussed on problems only. I for one enjoy all the posts on or off topic (including off color). If you do not have time for all the non Lineal comments and want everyone else to stop to satisfy your time or your desires I read this that the problem is you and not all of the posters on this site.

I say this respectfully. Think about it.

Jack

loisk
04-13-2016, 06:06 PM
I just click on the what's new button...
My pet peeve is a non-informative Title ... But it doesn't take long to open it anyway - I guess a vague title eg 'check this out' guarantees lots of Views :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-13-2016, 06:22 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127936&stc=1

Devious56
04-13-2016, 06:32 PM

Nice post Steve, well said and to the point. It is amazing that there are some that don't think they need to follow the rules, and think others are wrong because they want to. No one is perfect, and it's easy to put something where it shouldn't be, but to do it deliberately because you don't want to bother is another story

David

pitzerwm
04-13-2016, 07:01 PM
HOW ABOUT ALL THE FOLKS WHO RE-POST SOMEONE'S 10 HUGH PICS ....JUST TO SAY ......NICE PICS........................THEN SOMEONE ELSE DOES THE EXACT SAME THING IN THE NEXT POST...................ANNNNNNNNNNND HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW MANY FOLKS HERE HAVE THEIR FAVORITE PIC ON EVERY POST THEY DO....ANNNNNND IT'S 8 INCHES x 8 INCHES ......SOME THREADS NOW TAKE ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO GET THROUGH. THIS PLACE IS GETTING SO FLAWED I'm SURPRISED IT HASN'T BEEN RE-TIRED :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:........Mike :bbq:

Just a note, on how to quote someone and NOT include all of their pixs. After the quote, you can highlight the pix and hit delete, you can get rid of all but the one you want to comment on. Repeating all of someone's pixs is a bit of a pain to scan thru to get to your point..

As far as threads that are a waste in your/my mind are just a factor of human nature and a Forum. If someone is constantly "offending" you, click on "ignore", the others, just move on. There is no amount of policing by Lamont that will solve that.

SpyderSteveFL
04-13-2016, 08:02 PM
I like this forum (and many others) just the way it is. Hell, if we stuck strictly to everybody's tire, oil, nanny, electrical etc. problems, most of us would not be on here. Lighten up and don't try to fix something for all of us that "ain't broke".

We have almost 20,000 members and over one million posts because this is not a "lineal" forum focussed on problems only. I for one enjoy all the posts on or off topic (including off color). If you do not have time for all the non Lineal comments and want everyone else to stop to satisfy your time or your desires I read this that the problem is you and not all of the posters on this site.

Jack
We're going to have to agree to really disagree on this, and your reply indicates you either haven't read or understood where I am coming from.

This will be my absolute last comment on this because if you don't get it after this, there's no other way I can say it. I NEVER SAID don't post off top, etc, etc. I also have no problem with some threads getting off track as sometimes as you get into a conversation about something other ideas, etc. come up.

All I was trying to "fix" is starting posts in the various sub forums that don't belong there and not an occasional ooops.

My last analogy - you go to the hardware store (Spyderlovers forum) and want to look at screws. You go to the screws draw in the hardware cabinet (a sub forum, lets say SPYDER General Discussion), you open the screws drawer to look for screws and there are nuts and washers mixed in that you have to move out of the way to see the rest off the screws. Does it mean the nuts and washers don't belong in the hardware store, off course not. Would you sometimes want nuts and washers? Sure, but you would like to find the nuts in the nuts draw and washers in the washer drawer.

Go to the library and want to find weight loss books. You find the self-help/weight loss shelf but there are a bunch of books on sports or history mixed in with the diet books. All valuable, all needed, nothing wrong with any of it.

Just simple organization. It would just be easier and more time effective if things were in the right place. And for the most part they are here and things are great, but it just seems many don't realize there is a whole Off Topic forum for this stuff (which yes I do read and enjoy occasionally) but instead put all these things in the SPYDER General Discussion forum.

I'm sorry if you feel me pointing that out means I want everyone to do things to suit me and the problem is mine. Hell, it's not even a HUGE problem, it really started as a PSA to ask people to put anything non Spyder related in the dedicated Off Topic forum. I've setup and moderated several boards and I have thousands of posts on others - mostly answering and trying to help people where I can.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers by trying to use this forum as designed. Have a few drinks, it will be fine...

ThreeWheels
04-13-2016, 08:11 PM
You've seen this before. No doubt there will be a time to post this again in the future.

HOW MANY GROUP POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Indyron
04-13-2016, 08:18 PM
and then we get ETHAN COUCH aka THE " Afluenza Suffer " (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?92159-ETHAN-COUCH-aka-THE-quot-Afluenza-Suffer-quot)
in General Spyder Discussion! Go figure!

kep-up
04-13-2016, 08:23 PM
O GOOD GRIEF!!!!

bmccaffrey
04-13-2016, 08:27 PM

Jack

I agree. You choose what u want to read. if u don't want to bypass or ignore

ARtraveler
04-13-2016, 09:20 PM
You will all have to agree on this. This particular thread gave us something to talk about. :bowdown::bowdown:

jaherbst
04-13-2016, 11:14 PM
Discussions, that's what I like. Opinions, different ideas, and exchange of information useful or not. Communication is truly what keeps this planet revolving around it's axis. Some people will be on either extreme end and lots in the middle. Problems exist when a party tries to enforce their will on another. Then we have the old personal attack that sometimes stretches into many opinions. No feathers ruffled here Steve. Keep a sense of humor, and keep it light and try not to outpost Bob! You don't have the time.

This is Lamonts site and besides thanking him, I think he does a great job with a lot of latitude for us all. (where is Bobs "I'll Drink to That Poster"?)

Jack

Chupaca
04-13-2016, 11:32 PM
Could add to this but liked and thanked those with a leg to stand on. Could add only one thing still within topic. Many will put nothing in their profile for whatever reason (witness protection, wanted by the law or ex) but if at least they put their model and year those of us who will check the profile will be able to help without waiting for a response to"what do you ryde"...just a thought....carry on....:ohyea:

And a :2thumbs: to Lamont for this great site :firstplace:

robmorg
04-13-2016, 11:39 PM

Jack

:agree: ...and that's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

SmoovOpRatoR
04-14-2016, 01:48 AM
If one does not choose to read about non-spyder subjects, just don't read them. IMO, if everything on the board were just :spyder2: related, I think this would be a very boring place.

How much oil, tires, shift rpm's, brake fluid, transmission shifting, complaints about poor service, do we want to read?

A break from some of the above is welcomed by many of us. I formerly used to answer most posts, but find that lately its getting hard to even reach my daily average (10.59 currently).

I personally don't have anyone on ignore, and even the ones I get a red flag on, sometimes surprise me. I have not met anyone that I would truly say I don't like on here. We all have our good days and not so good days. :yes:

The point is that there is an off topic forum for a reason, the general discussion board does not need all the excess of non-spyder related posts, jokes, etc. I totally agree with OP.

dlby
04-14-2016, 05:37 AM
Just wasted my time reading this entire thread----

IMHO
[emoji111]

People apologizing (please , I will try to not do it again)
Oh Lordy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

spyderCodes
04-14-2016, 05:45 AM
We're going to have to agree to really disagree on this, and your reply indicates you either haven't read or understood where I am coming from.

This will be my absolute last comment on this because if you don't get it after this, there's no other way I can say it. I NEVER SAID don't post off top, etc, etc. I also have no problem with some threads getting off track as sometimes as you get into a conversation about something other ideas, etc. come up.

All I was trying to "fix" is starting posts in the various sub forums that don't belong there and not an occasional ooops.

My last analogy - you go to the hardware store (Spyderlovers forum) and want to look at screws. You go to the screws draw in the hardware cabinet (a sub forum, lets say SPYDER General Discussion), you open the screws drawer to look for screws and there are nuts and washers mixed in that you have to move out of the way to see the rest off the screws. Does it mean the nuts and washers don't belong in the hardware store, off course not. Would you sometimes want nuts and washers? Sure, but you would like to find the nuts in the nuts draw and washers in the washer drawer.

Go to the library and want to find weight loss books. You find the self-help/weight loss shelf but there are a bunch of books on sports or history mixed in with the diet books. All valuable, all needed, nothing wrong with any of it.

Just simple organization. It would just be easier and more time effective if things were in the right place. And for the most part they are here and things are great, but it just seems many don't realize there is a whole Off Topic forum for this stuff (which yes I do read and enjoy occasionally) but instead put all these things in the SPYDER General Discussion forum.

I'm sorry if you feel me pointing that out means I want everyone to do things to suit me and the problem is mine. Hell, it's not even a HUGE problem, it really started as a PSA to ask people to put anything non Spyder related in the dedicated Off Topic forum. I've setup and moderated several boards and I have thousands of posts on others - mostly answering and trying to help people where I can.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers by trying to use this forum as designed. Have a few drinks, it will be fine...

Talking down to people isn't generally an effective way to get one's point across.

Commander
04-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Just my two cents....Although I admit that I have not engaged in a lot of forums, I believe this is one of the best ones I've seen. 85% is topic related 10 Comic relief and about 5% or so off topic. I think it is good to mix it up. We are a family riders who enjoy sharing experiences and offer a helping hand. If there is something that I don't want to read I don't.

"That's all I have to say about that"

Kwalsh
04-14-2016, 06:29 AM
so the question is... does this thread belong in "off topic"??? i did not see any spyder related question in the original post??

or am i just being rude??

i enjoy the format of the forum and its ease of scanning a topic

have a great day
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
04-14-2016, 06:56 AM
This is Lamonts site and besides thanking him, I think he does a great job with a lot of latitude for us all. (where is Bobs "I'll Drink to That Poster"?)

:agree:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127976&stc=1

Dan McNally
04-14-2016, 07:01 AM

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127976&stc=1

Me, too! (sorry - I could not resist :roflblack: )

Bob Denman
04-14-2016, 07:05 AM
:D :cheers:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-14-2016, 07:05 AM
since my life does not revolve around the internet or this forum i don't really understand what the problem is
but i do agree with posting in the right area.

robmorg
04-14-2016, 08:55 AM
Just wasted my time reading this entire thread----

IMHO
[emoji111]

But that's sort of the point, isn't it? ;) I mean... Had you wanted to, you COULD have simply skipped over it and NOT read this entire thread. http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/free-confused-smileys-304.gif

manxman
04-14-2016, 10:25 AM
You've seen this before. No doubt there will be a time to post this again in the future.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

And now some trivia, I was raised in Chicago during the depresion and light bulbs were called " globes" and you would take your burned out ones to Cominwealth Edison and they replaced them for free..............

billybovine
04-14-2016, 10:35 AM
The Billybovine extreme summary of this thread.

Warning this is in my words and not a quote of anyone. It is my understanding of this thread.

Initial comment:

Please put off topic items in the off topic forum.

Response:

I can do what I want. You're not the boss of me.

Bob Denman
04-14-2016, 10:52 AM
:D Had this been Post #3; think of all of the time that it would have saved everyone! :thumbup:

robmorg
04-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Billy,

That was sort of the initial gist. ;) I think the thing that kept this thread going was the fact that the OP thought his original post had been misunderstood and kept trying to explain it, when in fact nobody had. :D

One thing that everyone should be able to agree on... This thread has been an interesting study of "computer forum dynamics". ;)

vided
04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127985&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127985&stc=1

Cruzr Joe
04-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Just my two cents....Although I admit that I have not engaged in a lot of forums, I believe this is one of the best ones I've seen. 85% is topic related 10 Comic relief and about 5% or so off topic. I think it is good to mix it up. We are a family riders who enjoy sharing experiences and offer a helping hand. If there is something that I don't want to read I don't.

"That's all I have to say about that"

so the question is... does this thread belong in "off topic"??? i did not see any spyder related question in the original post??

or am i just being rude??

i enjoy the format of the forum and its ease of scanning a topic

have a great day
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

But that's sort of the point, isn't it? ;) I mean... Had you wanted to, you COULD have simply skipped over it and NOT read this entire thread. http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/free-confused-smileys-304.gif

Bob Denman
04-14-2016, 11:10 AM
https://youtu.be/Aa3HXdqNWIM

:lecturef_smilie: :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shoc ked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

wyliec
04-14-2016, 12:53 PM
I've been watching this thread, and no one has beat Jack's word of the day. My hat's off to you Jack. I'm going to try to work that word into a post today. You must have thought that one up when playing hand ball.

Update: I had to add, it isn't the word latitude.

Spacetrucker
04-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Really. Wow. The world just goes around around and stops where?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpyderSteveFL
04-14-2016, 01:48 PM
I think the thing that kept this thread going was the fact that the OP thought his original post had been misunderstood and kept trying to explain it, when in fact nobody had. :D

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/20/20eb9ea0b6f31832ae85f56f842118eb5168d9721c7ec3c1ac 1e6dc396608b61.jpg

If the response would have been "Shut the hell up and go away, don't ask me to post in the right forum you jacka$$", then yes, I wouldn't have repeated myself and used analogies but sadly the replies seemed as if the simple innocent point was missed. I know sometimes things come across different in writing (forums, email, texts, etc) depending on your mood and how you read into it but this thread totally spun out of control.

While I am surprised at some of the comments, all I can say is if I offended anyone, came across as 'bossy', sounded like I was 'talking down to anybody' or anything else I apologize as that was not the intent and if you knew me you would know that for sure. My ask was a simple lets try to keep most of the Off topic stuff in the Off topic forum, period, end of sentence.

I was half tempted to just delete this entire thread as it did get out of control and didn't add any value, but that is typically poor forum behavior so I won't.

I'm sorry this was misunderstood and created such a *****storm. I would ask this thread to just either be closed or ignored and let it die so we can get back to what we're here for and yes, all the fun stuff too (in the Off topic forum :shocked:, sorry couldn't help it lol).

Carry on, there is nothing else to see here...

Bob Denman
04-14-2016, 01:51 PM
Don't worry about it; we're all good in here! :thumbup:
Everybody is entitled to an opinion... nojoke
We do the best that we can in here, to keep the threads in the appropriate area.
But none of us is perfect: all of the time! :opps:

At least you didn't ask about tires or oils! :roflblack:

ARtraveler
04-14-2016, 01:52 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/20/20eb9ea0b6f31832ae85f56f842118eb5168d9721c7ec3c1ac 1e6dc396608b61.jpg

If the response would have been "Shut the hell up and go away, don't ask me to post in the right forum you jacka$$", then yes, I wouldn't have repeated myself and used analogies but sadly the replies seemed as if the simple innocent point was missed. I know sometimes things come across different in writing (forums, email, texts, etc) depending on your mood and how you read into it but this thread totally spun out of control.

While I am surprised at some of the comments, all I can say is if I offended anyone, came across as 'bossy', sounded like I was 'talking down to anybody' or anything else I apologize as that was not the intent and if you knew me you would know that for sure. My ask was a simple lets try to keep most of the Off topic stuff in the Off topic forum, period, end of sentence.

I was half tempted to just delete this entire thread as it did get out of control and didn't add any value, but that is typically poor forum behavior so I won't.

I'm sorry this was misunderstood and created such a *****storm. I would ask this thread to just either be closed or ignored and let it die so we can get back to what we're here for and yes, all the fun stuff too (in the Off topic forum :shocked:, sorry couldn't help it lol).

Carry on, there is nothing else to see here...

Your okay my friend. This too shall pass. :yes::yes:

robmorg
04-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Your okay my friend. This too shall pass. :yes::yes:

Yep, that's one of the things I like about this forum. Sometimes things get a little "testy", but like a bad meal, it soon passes and is forgotten. ;)

The fact that we are now 20,000 strong is a testament to that. :thumbup:

jaherbst
04-14-2016, 04:49 PM
I've been watching this thread, and no one has beat Jack's word of the day. My hat's off to you Jack. I'm going to try to work that word into a post today. You must have thought that one up when playing hand ball.

Update: I had to add, it isn't the word latitude.

Handball my one true addiction. How did you know?

Jack

armyspydervet
04-14-2016, 04:57 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128015&stc=1

sandeejs
04-14-2016, 05:10 PM

I was going to post ME TOO or +1, but I'm thinking I'll wait until October.......
~Sandee~

Cruzr Joe
04-14-2016, 05:33 PM
You can always delete your own thread.

Cruzr Joe

NorCalBud
04-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Can we keep things tidy? Perhaps!

Bob Denman
04-14-2016, 05:41 PM
I think that most of us DO try to get the threads in the proper areas. nojoke
But hey: nobody is grading us on this, and is it going to break anyone's back, if a thread takes root in an area that might suit other topics better?

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-14-2016, 06:52 PM
You can always delete your own thread.

Cruzr Joe
Someone ( un-named ) got in such a Crank about it .....I deleted the " Affluenza " thread :dontknow: , and of course He never said Thank you, But RUDE is in the eye of the beholder :roflblack: :roflblack: ....Mike :bbq:

Sam Mac
04-14-2016, 06:54 PM
I like things just the way they are. :yes:

robmorg
04-14-2016, 07:00 PM
I think that most of us DO try to get the threads in the proper areas. nojoke
But hey: nobody is grading us on this, and is it going to break anyone's back, if a thread takes root in an area that might suit other topics better?

:agree: I think Lamont would like it better it we all got things posted in the proper forum section, but I think he gave up on that a LONG time ago, for the most part. :D He occasionally moves a thread, but not very often. More commonly, he will delete a thread and simply "make it disappear" if he thinks it could be detrimental to the growth of the forum. We just witnessed that earlier in the week - twice, I think. Can't really blame him any for that. :thumbup: