PDA

View Full Version : can you use any grips with nmn risers?

aka1004
02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
i already bought iso grips and throttle boss but i am thinking about adding risers and footboards a bit more forward than stock pegs.
i was wondering if i can use iso grips and end caps that comes with iso grips on risers from nmn.

no 3" riser for se5? also, does 4" riser interfere with steering on windshield?

effgjamis
02-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I see no reason why the risers would have any effect to the grips.
Two Different thingy.
I am looking for the ISO, that do not cost 4 arms, 3 legs and weekly payment for the rest of my life.:joke:

aka1004
02-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Two Different thingy.
I am looking for the ISO, that do not cost 4 arms, 3 legs and weekly payment for the rest of my life.:joke:

may be them end caps are optional and not required. that was what i was concerned about since i have to use end caps that came with iso grips for throttle boss, i think. i have never re-griped a handle bar on a bike and this might have been a stupid question.:dontknow: thanks for input thou:2thumbs:

i bought iso grip off of ebay for 54.90, free shipping.

jwfranklin
02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I have the 3 in NMN risers and the ISO grips w/throttle boss, with end caps on. They work fine, no problems.

Wayne

zzneonzz
02-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Two Different thingy.

Here is were i got mine from best price i found and great company to work with. I got the 7/8 Universal. Here (http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle-performance-accessories/kuryakyn-iso-grips-motorcycle-grips.htm#Universal_ISOŽ-Grips_&_ISOŽ-Flame_Grips)

aka1004
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
I have the 3 in NMN risers and the ISO grips w/throttle boss, with end caps on. They work fine, no problems.

Wayne

thank you. too bad nmn does not make 3" riser for se5 :dontknow:

i had no desire for riser until i sat on a roadking with floorboard and brake pedal at a harley dealer yesterday. riding position was so comfy but if i get floorboard bit forward on a spyder stock handle bar is gonna be awkward, legs stretched out but low handle bar:yikes:
since there is no room on spyder for floorboard this forward may be i will just get the floorboard first and see how it feels with stock handle bar