PDA

View Full Version : dragon

jcasey
04-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Hi all,
Went to a roads and trails rally in Stacoah NC this weekend. I used to live in east Tennessee so was excited to get the Spyder in the mountains for the first time. Went thru the dragon the first time kind of slow and got the feel of it. The second time I carried more speed than I ever have on two wheels! Also the ride was relaxed and comfortable. The F3/S was on a rail! I have been thru the dragon a lot of times when there were a lot of traffic but we were by ourselves. I guess the temps scared most away. It was in the low 40's most of the weekend. Left to come back to southern Alabama Sunday morning with 30 degrees. Burrrrrrrr!!!!! Good to be back where it is warm.:yes::yes::yes:

rtga
04-12-2016, 07:01 AM
haven't trucks been banned from that road??

jcasey
04-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Yes

opiewhan
04-12-2016, 07:25 AM
Hi all,
Went to a roads and trails rally in Stacoah NC this weekend. I used to live in east Tennessee so was excited to get the Spyder in the mountains for the first time. Went thru the dragon the first time kind of slow and got the feel of it. The second time I carried more speed than I ever have on two wheels! Also the ride was relaxed and comfortable. The F3/S was on a rail! I have been thru the dragon a lot of times when there were a lot of traffic but we were by ourselves. I guess the temps scared most away. It was in the low 40's most of the weekend. Left to come back to southern Alabama Sunday morning with 30 degrees. Burrrrrrrr!!!!! Good to be back where it is warm.:yes::yes::yes:

The Dragon is on my Bucket List for SURE.. Driving in Texas its around 80 degrees, no need to worry bout weather except occasional thundershower this time of year.. Love the way my Spyder corners also..:yes::ohyea:

Chupaca
04-12-2016, 09:45 AM
It's great to be able to go back and ryde the roads you did on two wheels. I have traveled too many and am now to far away but hope to get back to those areas some day with the spyder and do them all again. :ohyea::ohyea:

Lew L
04-12-2016, 09:54 AM
My wife and I did the Dragon on a rented Goldwing years ago. I'd love to ryde it on a Spyder now.

Kaos

BajaRon
04-12-2016, 10:02 AM

Banned yes. But a stray one gets on the Dragon every once-in-awhile. So don't ignore the fact that, though unlikely, you may still find one there.

jcasey
04-12-2016, 10:02 AM
The Dragon is on my Bucket List for SURE.. Driving in Texas its around 80 degrees, no need to worry bout weather except occasional thundershower this time of year.. Love the way my Spyder corners also..:yes::ohyea:
Weather here in southern Alabama is warm also. Get to ride all year.

jcasey
04-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Also you might have encounters with bikes on your side of the road! Always try to use your lane only. If you have to get in the oncoming lane you are riding above you abilities.

Scotts8826
04-12-2016, 10:33 AM
I have an outside chance to ride the Dragon in early June. I imagine I'll take it rather cautiously since it would be my first time. Are there marked turn-outs along the way I can move to so faster traffic can pass me or even to take a moments rest?

Grandpot
04-12-2016, 10:55 AM
I have an outside chance to ride the Dragon in early June. I imagine I'll take it rather cautiously since it would be my first time. Are there marked turn-outs along the way I can move to so faster traffic can pass me or even to take a moments rest?

There are several wide areas on the side of the road on the outside turns where it is safe to stop.

jcasey
04-12-2016, 12:36 PM
yes

Jpquinn
04-12-2016, 08:10 PM
The dragon is a great ride seeing the tree of shame is a reminder of people taking it to fast. There is a man, gray wolf that used to film your ride but I believe his son does it now. Also if in North Carolina other fun roads are the devil's staircase and the snake.

CMA/IBA_rider
04-12-2016, 10:40 PM
I check your pictures out on killboys and 129slayer.com. look like you guys were having fun.