PDA

View Full Version : Is the rear shock adjustable on 2015 F3S?

robhowen
04-10-2016, 09:35 AM
I've searched the forum and other sources and I can't find an absolute answer to this. We have the standard factory shocks on our machine. It seems to me that the rear tire is bouncing too much, suggesting that I need to adjust the shock; but I can't find out how. Help appreciated.
Rob

Chupaca
04-10-2016, 09:44 AM
What air pressure are you running in the rear tire... start there cause over 30lbs will tend to do this if ryding solo. As to shock adjustment there is none but they do offer a different shock . A bit of a shortcoming on the F3....:thumbup:

robhowen
04-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Thanks for your reply, and disappointing that there is no adjustment. As to air pressure, we run the suggested 28 lbs.
Rob

What air pressure are you running in the rear tire... start there cause over 30lbs will tend to do this if ryding solo. As to shock adjustment there is none but they do offer a different shock . A bit of a shortcoming on the F3....:thumbup:

Chupaca
04-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Thanks for your reply, and disappointing that there is no adjustment. As to air pressure, we run the suggested 28 lbs.
Rob

Just did some further checking and they do not offer a different spring which could of helped. I know BajaRon has developed adjuster for the front shocks for those with non adjustable shocks but don't know if he will or has them for the rear....:banghead:

robhowen
04-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Jacque rides her F3 as a solo rider. What do you think of reducing the rear tire air pressure a bit as she's always a solo rider? Perhaps 24-26 lbs?
Rob

Just did some further checking and they do not offer a different spring which could of helped. I know BajaRon has developed adjuster for the front shocks for those with non adjustable shocks but don't know if he will or has them for the rear....:banghead:

Chupaca
04-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Check manual or swingarm for tire pressure range and go to the lower setting and try that. Watch tire wear if center is wearing faster pressure may be too much if edges seem to wear faster too low but your fine in recommend range...