PDA

View Full Version : spyderCodes update

spyderCodes
04-09-2016, 03:36 PM
In the past couple of weeks there have been a few minor updates to the android spyderCodes.
The latest upload (about>) is upload 137.

If you would like the latest version and somehow didn't get it, search spyderCodes (one word) at the Play Store.

The apple version of mySpyder has been discontinued and replaced by spyderCodes at the App Store.
Automatic updates are NOT automatic from mySpyder to spyderCodes, but are automatic thereafter.

Both free & free from adverts.

Brentc
04-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Thank you for all the effort you put into the apps. It is really appreciated by many!:thumbup:

cnl414
04-09-2016, 03:41 PM
I use this app a lot and appreciate all your effort too. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcthorne
04-09-2016, 03:44 PM
THANKS!

jtoro1
04-09-2016, 03:54 PM
I love the app keep up the good work ,very handy

bodymanpainter
04-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Thanks, I just downloaded it and it looks very useful.
Toby

RussRT
04-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Another Thanks for a great app!!!

Bob Denman
04-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Thank you for all the effort you put into the apps. It is really appreciated by many!:thumbup:

:agree: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :2thumbs:

Chupaca
04-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Good to know...through thick and thin you have not let us down...:firstplace: don't leave home without it.....:2thumbs:

markyodo
04-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Thank You. This is a great tool.

AppleSpyder
04-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Thank you so much for letting us know the Apple version of mySpyder changed to spyderCodes. Downloaded it with no problem. There is so much great stuff in there and it's invaluable, especially if out on the road. Thank you again!!!! Cindy

spyderCodes
04-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Thank you so much for letting us know the Apple version of mySpyder changed to spyderCodes. Downloaded it with no problem. There is so much great stuff in there and it's invaluable, especially if out on the road. Thank you again!!!! Cindy
Thanks
Look for an update to the apple version next month.

cognaccruiser
04-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Thank you for the info and update. I had "my spyder" loaded on our iPad previously and just noticed that it is now spyderCodes. I was going to download the new version and that is when I noticed that the new version was already on my iPad. So just to clarify, did those of us that already have the old version automatically get the new version on Apple?
I really appreciate the work you have done on this app for us.

Gary

whiteyron
04-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Love the app, only disappointed that it wiped all my data away the last time it updated. Lost all fuel adds for about 8000 miles.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

spyderCodes
04-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Thank you for the info and update. I had "my spyder" loaded on our iPad previously and just noticed that it is now spyderCodes. I was going to download the new version and that is when I noticed that the new version was already on my iPad. So just to clarify, did those of us that already have the old version automatically get the new version on Apple?
I really appreciate the work you have done on this app for us.

Gary

Mysterious and wondrous things sometimes happen at Apple's App Store.
mySpyder and spyderCodes don't share what is known as a "bundleID" (something they prevented me doing) so I can't see how that could happen; but there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, to coin a phrase.

spyderCodes
04-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Love the app, only disappointed that it wiped all my data away the last time it updated. Lost all fuel adds for about 8000 miles.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am sorry for that and it should not have happened.
The only explanation I can offer is that when the app detects a corrupted file it makes a new one.
There have been a few silent updates so I hope your info is still intact.

ARtraveler
04-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the app and all you do for the site. :bowdown:

Highwayman2013
04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Thank You for the app.

latony007
04-11-2016, 11:28 AM
thanks for the app, just tried it for the first time getting a dess key error. Was going to see what spyder codes said for technical information but it would not come up? I Like the fuel options and having the tech specs handy (thought it was odd the fuel tank was in quarts :)
Look forward to more videos on there too.

spyderCodes
04-11-2016, 11:43 AM
thanks for the app, just tried it for the first time getting a dess key error. Was going to see what spyder codes said for technical information but it would not come up? I Like the fuel options and having the tech specs handy (thought it was odd the fuel tank was in quarts :)
Look forward to more videos on there too.

What was the code that would not come up?

latony007
04-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Well all the display gave me was DESS key error. I know you could not select D as a beginning letter on the app. Maybe that translates to a code i have to look up with the mode buttons?

spyderCodes
04-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Well all the display gave me was DESS key error. I know you could not select D as a beginning letter on the app. Maybe that translates to a code i have to look up with the mode buttons?

Yes, the Spyder does not volunteer any codes.
It does give you an orange screen that is covered in SpyderCodes in as much depth as possible.
Any further discussion of the DESS system and its replacement is beyond the scope of the app.
(virtual help> DESS)

You need to press MODE-SET-TSCANCEL to retrieve any active codes
The code that is usually thrown is P0513

latony007
04-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Yes, the Spyder does not volunteer any codes.
It does give you an orange screen that is covered in SpyderCodes in as much depth as possible.
Any further discussion of the DESS system and its replacement is beyond the scope of the app.
(virtual help> DESS)

You need to press MODE-SET-TSCANCEL to retrieve any active codes
The code that is usually thrown is P0513

Thanks! thought that was the code and didnt know i had to "pull" it, just thought of it as i was posting :)
was just curious what the technical name of the error was. Looks like Invalid Key Detected.

irvin48
05-24-2016, 08:19 AM
i dont have a smart phone or ipad or tablet. any way to just put this on my
pc ? sorry im not a techie. --irvin toms

jthornton
05-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Hi Roger,

Here's one for the virtual help area.

Symptom: No brake light, limp mode
Solution: Press brake listen for click, no click from brake switch blow out switch area with compressed air till click is heard when applying the brake.

Love SpyderCodes

JT

jthornton
05-27-2016, 06:00 PM
i dont have a smart phone or ipad or tablet. any way to just put this on my
pc ? sorry im not a techie. --irvin toms

You can print out the Spyders to the Rescue part from your printer, go to http://gnipsel.com/ and click on Spyders to the Rescue and follow the prompts to print a list.

JT

DDT
05-27-2016, 06:15 PM
I just down loaded the app. Thanks

CapeSpyder
07-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Mine says unfortunately spyder codes has stopped.
report. Ok
I reported it I have turned my note 5 on and off cleared the cash but still it has stopped

if I uninstall it do I lose the data that I have entered?

Thanks

spyderCodes
07-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Mine says unfortunately spyder codes has stopped.
report. Ok
I reported it I have turned my note 5 on and off cleared the cash but still it has stopped

if I uninstall it do I lose the data that I have entered?

Thanks

Unfortunately, yes.
I looked at your stack trace and there appears to be a corruption in one of the files.

Sorry but at this point I can't see anyway around it and can't see a reason why the file was corrupted.
There have been a total of three similar errors of this nature.

CapeSpyder
07-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Ok thanks for looking in to it