PDA

View Full Version : Heated Clothing

Charlotte17078
04-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Looking for heated jacket, maybe gloves, etc. any suggestions/thoughts/recommendations?
I am short 5'2 ish and roundish...
Thanks!!!

Highwayman2013
04-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Warm and Safe makes some great heated gear. warmandsafe.com

Chupaca
04-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Gerbing seems to be the big name in this type of apparel but pricy at least for me. I have warm gear , same stuff better price but we seldom use it here. Winter in the mountains is about it. The only ones to watch out for are the battery powered ones cause the batteries don't last as long as most rydes and coming back with no heat can be rough....:dontknow:

IGETAROUND
04-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Can't go too far wrong with First Gear ; who uses Warm and Safe for their supplier.

Purchased from Baja Ron a site sponsor you will not find it anywhere any cheaper or faster delivered to your doorstep!!! nojoke:thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap::yes::yes::bow down::bowdown:

Al in Kazoo

jaherbst
04-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Gerbing, don't leave home without it. Gloves, pants and jacket.

Jack

cptjam
04-09-2016, 12:16 PM
I love my Aerostich heated gear. Aerostich.com

pegasus1300
04-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Warm and Safe or re badged as First Gear. If you are an AMA member Warm and Safe will give you an 18% discount.

I actually have both Warm and Safe and Gerbings. Both are high quality with IMHO the nod going to Warm and Safe. All three brands will interface with each other.

fratzba
04-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Gerbing is great, expecially the microwire jacket and gloves, but it is pricey. Very pricey...

-Fratz

Charlotte17078
04-10-2016, 06:16 AM
The problem I have is finding things that "fit" because I am not a "standard" size, by any means. Went to the local outdoors store Shyda's near Lebanon, PA and they helped me find: a battery powered jacket by Gyde, fits like a glove, has heat in the neck where I really need it.
With snow on the ground, here, won't be trying it out on a ride, today, but, maybe tomorrow if the roads are dry.

ksridsdale
04-24-2016, 04:55 PM
I have had warm and safe, Powerlet and Gerbings. If you have the money go Gerbings all the way, lifetime warranty. I have socks, gloves, pants, jackets.
I started out with the liners, they are so so and creep up. go with the full jacket and pants from Gerbings it will be the best investment for you and your passenger.

The Premier

Babyblue
05-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Looking for heated jacket, maybe gloves, etc. any suggestions/thoughts/recommendations?
I am short 5'2 ish and roundish...
Thanks!!!

Not a big fan of heated gear myself. LOL Gives me the heebie jeebies.

That being said, I live in Minnesota and we ice fish. Being "roundish" too but 5'4, I wear my ice fishing gear. Pink and gray. Absolutely love it. This past Friday I had to pick up my Spyder at a shop and it was 40 degrees. All I wore was a t-shirt and jeans and my jacket. I was toastie at 65 mph. I have bibs but they make me too warm. I don't wear chaps, again due to my stature, I wear 3/4 leg warmers. They are leather and sheepskin and go from my toes to mid hip. Got them at a Motorcycle show.

Just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Warm and Safe makes some great heated gear. warmandsafe.com

The web site is http://www.warmnsafe.com

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

Fatcycledaddy
05-02-2016, 09:38 AM
I purchased my heated gear from Baja Ron, it is the First Gear brand and I must say I think it is AWESOME because it keeps me warm, and now my wife never complains when riding in cold weather. I never thought that could happen. :bowdown: Also his prices were better than any posted anywhere on the internet, his shipping is super fast, and the service is impeccable.

:firstplace::firstplace::firstplace:

Babyblue
05-02-2016, 10:49 AM
I just checked out First Gear clothing. Though they do go to 3x, I looked at their size chart. There version of a 3x wouldn't fit my bust line much less my hips. Not all sizing is the same unfortunately. My Ice Striker ice fishing gear is a size 18 and is actually big on me. Go figure. If you look at BRP Spyder clothing, their 2xl is a size 14 where normally that would be a 18 or even a 20.

First Gear looks like nice stuff though.

Lori

Charlotte17078
05-05-2016, 06:09 AM
In my quest to be warm, I found a Gyde battery operated jacket, on sale :)
It has warm areas in the front, neck, and collar, but, not the back, on a cold day, that is still chilly.
Found a Gerbing 12v. coat on sale and bought it. It is AWESOME!!
Had to ride in the rain, yesterday and it kept me snug as a bug in a rug!
It has heat everywhere, sleeves, front, back, collar, my main mechanic was able
to wire it in to the battery with no problem.
Thanks for your advice and help.
Getting ready for the trip of a lifetime, next week, PA to Colorado!!

Charlotte17078
06-02-2016, 09:14 PM
In my quest to be warm, I found a Gyde battery operated jacket, on sale :)
It has warm areas in the front, neck, and collar, but, not the back, on a cold day, that is still chilly.
Found a Gerbing 12v. coat on sale and bought it. It is AWESOME!!
Had to ride in the rain, yesterday and it kept me snug as a bug in a rug!
It has heat everywhere, sleeves, front, back, collar, my main mechanic was able
to wire it in to the battery with no problem.
Thanks for your advice and help.
Getting ready for the trip of a lifetime, next week, PA to Colorado!!

We are on the return leg of our trip to Colorado. Traveled from PA to Dolores, CO on a southern route because of snow in the north. We had cold rain everyday and I was VERY toasty in my heated jacket.
We are 5,000 miles into the trip and on our way home, now, wearing our mesh jackets in 80 plus temperatures. Wish it was cooler.. you can put more clothes on, but, you can only take so many off (and be in public) :yikes: The hubs tries to keep up with me on his Kaw Voyager!! :firstplace:

Joerolwing
06-03-2016, 05:58 PM
I have Warm & Safe and really like it. SpyderLover's should be able to negotiate 20% group discount as they do with Honda ST100 owners group.

SpyderAnn01
06-03-2016, 06:02 PM
I have Warm & Safe and really like it. SpyderLover's should be able to negotiate 20% group discount as they do with Honda ST100 owners group.

You can save 20% on Gerbings at Leather Headquarters in Las Vegas on any day that the temperature is 100 or higher.

SpyderAnn01
06-03-2016, 06:05 PM
We are on the return leg of our trip to Colorado. Traveled from PA to Dolores, CO on a southern route because of snow in the north. We had cold rain everyday and I was VERY toasty in my heated jacket.
We are 5,000 miles into the trip and on our way home, now, wearing our mesh jackets in 80 plus temperatures. Wish it was cooler.. you can put more clothes on, but, you can only take so many off (and be in public) :yikes: The hubs tries to keep up with me on his Kaw Voyager!! :firstplace:

I bought my Gerbings before our trip to Alaska last summer and I really only needed to use it once and I didn't have it hooked up right. On our return from Spyderfest this year I used it every day. I love the heated collar and sleeves. We leave on Monday for Washington and the temperature here is in the 110s, I would prefer to need my Gerbings. :yikes: