PDA

View Full Version : Future new Spyder RT owner, need dealer advice

MKrone
04-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Hello all

I'm looking at buying either a new 2016 or 2015 RT Limited and would like input on the dealers here in the state. The better half and I live in Spring Park, slightly west of Minneapolis. I know there are several dealers in the MPLS area but also know from the forums that dealer support is a critical factor of Spyder happiness. I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts on the preferred dealers in the region. I'm not afraid to travel to buy the RT, probably have to if I want to acquire a new 2015 but would prefer to stay regional if possible. If you have a suggestion on preferred dealer, also please tell me why if possible.

While on the topic of 2015 vs 2016 RTL, are there any significant differences? My partner and I will do mostly day trips with the occasional overnighter or 3 day trips. From an audio standpoint, we would like to stream Pandora or Sirius from an iPhone into our helmets, would that make a difference regarding model years and audio connectivity?

All thoughts and replies are welcome.

mark

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-07-2016, 08:01 PM
I BOUGHT A NEW 2014 RT, and only took it to a dealer once for warranty work.....and they almost screwed that up.....IMHO, get the best price you can.......Look at IMotorsports, they are sponsor / vendors here .....Mike :bbq:

GOZFST
04-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Caswell in Mora seems to get good reviews, I've dealt with Leo's in Burnsville for some of my BMW bikes and they were OK.

vstrommer
04-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Minneapolis Motorsports and St. Boni are close for you and have great service. :thumbup:

PW2013STL
04-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Ranking them by personnel experience

Caswell's in Mora number 1
Ollies in Alexander number 2

I purchased my first Spyder at St Boni Motorsports, but due to issues with them I purchased my current one from Ollie's.
For parts St Boni is fantastic, but service drove me to find a new dealer.

If you stick to the top two you will not be disappointed!

Evergreen Sam
04-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Hello all

I'm looking at buying either a new 2016 or 2015 RT Limited and would like input on the dealers here in the state. The better half and I live in Spring Park, slightly west of Minneapolis. I know there are several dealers in the MPLS area but also know from the forums that dealer support is a critical factor of Spyder happiness. I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts on the preferred dealers in the region. I'm not afraid to travel to buy the RT, probably have to if I want to acquire a new 2015 but would prefer to stay regional if possible. If you have a suggestion on preferred dealer, also please tell me why if possible.

While on the topic of 2015 vs 2016 RTL, are there any significant differences? My partner and I will do mostly day trips with the occasional overnighter or 3 day trips. From an audio standpoint, we would like to stream Pandora or Sirius from an iPhone into our helmets, would that make a difference regarding model years and audio connectivity?

mark

Ollies treats you like family, fair priced, small dealer, owner's son is head mechanic and very good, busy shop proves it.

Michaelscs
04-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Casswell's and Ollie's are both great.
I would also recommend you check with Bessers Bike Barn in St.Cloud. They're a new Can-Am dealer. I just bought my new '15 F3 there and the sales experience couldn't have been better!
Bessers is also family owned and highly rated by everyone I talk to.
Call Blake - he'll treat you right! 320-252-3373 (tel:320-252-3373). Tell him Mike Hollermann sent you.

ARtraveler
04-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Not much difference between the 2015 and 2016 performance wise. The LTD has more bells and whistles. Can't help with the dealer information-sorry.

Good luck in your hunt. Pictures please, when you bring one home. :yes:

BilltheDiver
04-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Regarding streaming into your helmet headsets, you can do that directly from the phone with Sena 20's (and possibly other models), but I much prefer the sound quality if I send the music from my ipod into the bike's stereo and then through a Sena sm10 which streams it to the headset. Call Motorcycle Dave for info on the Senas and transmitter and cable. He is great to work with and will save you $

iMotorsports VIP
04-13-2016, 04:05 PM
Hello all

mark

Mark,

Please contact us at iMotorsports!
We would be more than happy to set you up with whichever model best fits your needs.
We will also ship the unit to you for free!!

Please call us at (630) 529-5200 and ask for Jason!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Babyblue
04-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Hi Mark:

I don't think my original post posted.

I purchased my 2012 SE5 RT new from Caswell's in Mora. WONDERFUL people.

That being said, I live in Minneapolis and Mora is a 90 mile drive for my yearly service. This is something I do just because. I am anal that way, what can I say.

I have been to Tousley and Leo's:sour:, so this year I went to Minneapolis Motorsports in Golden Valley.

Both Ryan and Jeff in service were wonderful to deal with. Very thorough and answered my questions politely and didn't talk down to me. Being female that is very important to me. They talked to me and not my husband.

Try them out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Tell Michael the salesperson that Al and Lori sent you..:o)

Lori

MKrone
05-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Thank you to all who replied to my original post. Also a shout out to Les for showing his Spyder to me and my partner. Thanks again for all the info and looking forward to joining all of you on a ride soon.

mark