PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar question.

JP58
04-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Is it hard to install Baja Ron's sway bar and links. What's needs to be removed to install.

Lew L
04-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Hardest part of the anti-sway bar install is getting the :spyder2: high enough. 24" in think. Don't know what year or modle you have but just remove the old one and install the new one. ( With METAL endlinks not plastic:yikes:)

Kaos

Chupaca
04-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Basic tools and as mentioned above way to get your spyder up high enough. The new models especially. BajaRon has very clear and precise instructions, easy to follow making it a fairly easy job...:thumbup:

BajaRon
04-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Depends on what year and model Spyder you have. All are reasonable installs that most with tools can do. The 2008-2012 models can be done with just enough lift to get under the front end and wrench on some parts. The 2013 and later Spyder models (depending on which one) are actually an easier install than the earlier models with 1 fairly large exception. For all 2013+ Spyders you have to raise the front of the Spyder at least 20" (you need about 24" clearance to the floor from the frame channel). The rest is very easy.

If anyone would like a set of Install instructions you can contact me at fyredad@hotmail.com and I will email you a set. I need to know year an Spyder model to get you the correct install instruction set.

JP58
04-07-2016, 07:11 AM
It would be a 14 or 15. Still looking for one used.

Dan McNally
04-07-2016, 07:13 AM
It isn't rocket science - the biggest obstacle is getting your Spyder high enough off the ground. You will need a jack which can lift the whole machine, and jack stands which will hold it at least 20" high in front.

Ron's instructions are very good.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127466&stc=1

RussRT
04-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Not really difficult. I just did my 2015 RTL on Monday. I used car ramps. Did all the work. Used a floor jack to raise it to get old bar out new bar in then back down on the ramps to pu it all back together. Directions are fantastic and easy to follow. Good luck.
Russ