PDA

View Full Version : Virus from Spyder Codes App ?

Don K
04-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Hey guys/I need your thoughts; I had the Spyder Codes App on my cell phone-hadnt had to use it yet.
But today I received a notice on my phone that a possible Trojan virus had been detected from the Codes App.
So I immediately deleted the App.
What are your thoughts? I hate doing away with it-I felt it could be a useful tool (app).

spyderCodes
04-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Huh?
Why do you think it wasbrought from SpyderCodes?

I would like to see a copy of the info from your phone company.

Don K
04-06-2016, 06:44 PM
The message on my phone said "Possible fatal Trojan virus detected on Spyder Codes.
Whether it was or not I don't know.
I thought I would share this information and see if anyone else has had a similar problem . And if it was safe to reload the App.
By NO means am I knocking SPYDER CODES.
THANKS Don

spyderCodes
04-06-2016, 06:51 PM
The message on my phone said "Possible fatal Trojan virus detected on Spyder Codes.
Whether it was or not I don't know.
I thought I would share this information and see if anyone else has had a similar problem . And if it was safe to reload the App.
By NO means am I knocking SPYDER CODES.
THANKS Don

That message to me is suspect.
If it listed no source of the message (like Google Play or your phone company) then I would say the message is bogus.

All I can tell you is this.
The APK I upload to the Play Store is 100% free of any malicious code whatsoever.

I can't speak for what lives on your phone, the message could have been generated by malicious code, but I can say it did not come from SpyderCodes.

Chupaca
04-06-2016, 07:00 PM
This is the first I have heard and I have had the app on my phones and tablets since it was available. Sounds more like an issue with carrrier. Many throw that out to get you to load a cleaner for a minimal fee.....:dontknow:

Don K
04-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks very much for your feedback. It is appreciated.
I think I will reload the Spyder Codes App

CanAmChris
04-06-2016, 07:45 PM
The highly doubt the problem is with SpyderCodes.

Here is a link to a youtube tutorial on how to boot your phone into safe mode and see what is going on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdKKT1c_7Cw

Bfromla
04-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Just my .02c but these :cus: Scam artist try anything with what lil info they have collected:mad:
They find info of resent purchase but only get few items. :dontknow: (Hole in the system). They find way to make hole bigger. Then when you use again they get all the info they wanted & have you scared it was from anything NOT them...:lecturef_smilie::gaah::cus:Punks but they call the artist for a reason:shemademe_smilie: They surely Donot suspect you could have communication with spydercodes like we have here on forum. & that is just the one you responded to. They have a collection to rotate thru till they get a hit.
:chat:
Recently had a family member had similar issue, except for a small clue (I caught, they were too freaked to pay attention) any how they were using a device when the app froze claiming windows security issue:yikes::yikes::yikes: Right so they freak & had i not been in same room, to look see what... "How is windows security a problem on your Ipad?!!" nojoke :cus:SCAM CRAP & that problem was avoided with lil headache. But still have to watch out :lecturef_smilie:

pitzerwm
04-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Unless you have an anti virus app running on your phone, there is nothing to tell you that you have anything. Most of the time its a scam trying to give you a virus.

Don K
04-07-2016, 04:24 AM
Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions.
I have now (just now)reloaded the App.

Dan McNally
04-07-2016, 06:58 AM
If your service provider does not provide an anti virus app, download Avast - highly rated and there is a free version.